WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Any RDP'ers hacked lately?

boat527

Reaction score
Probably a bit late to the party, but here goes..

A week ago had 4 UBER charges on my card out of state. 1 was in the Netherlands no less.

Cancelled the card and got new ones with different acct. numbers.

Made 3 charges this week, utilities, Xfinity ECT.

Last night got another UBER charge out of state.

Cancelled cards. Started over again.

My Comcast site took a picture of my new card . My phone ( OnePlus 7 pro) loaded the CC info into Google Pay.. I didn't think anything about it at the time until this morning.. I don't even use Google Pay.

Deleted it and the CC info.

While checking my " manage passwords" on my phone , There was a notification that one of my passwords was compromised, looked it up and it was RDP!

Changed my password.. I'm not an I T tech.. but is there anyway that in 3 days my IP address OR Google Pay was hacked??

Thanks guys ( and gals)

D

Edit. I don't have an UBER acct

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I got hacked on my Apple account last month.
They sent out 3 gift certs in like 10 minutes before I saw the transaction emails.
Changed passwords and cancelled the linked CC.

• Wow
Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
Not lately.. Knock on something.
Went through a run of CC hacks though. Changed all my CC and debit card to $1 email notifications now. At least it stops it quick.
Hope you get everything sorted out quick.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Nope. I use different computer generated passwords on Every account.

I use Google Authenticator for my important accounts.

Hackers NEVER sleep!

C-2

Reaction score
Hah, just got off the phone with our credit union fraud department. They block me from using the card at Chevron but some other asshole was able to pull $300 from Chevron, WTF?. Card compromises were happening every 3 months at this credit union, and I was going to close the account, but now I see they let you turn the card "on and off" for purchases, so I'll see how that goes.

Really nice RFID wallet that works (it blocks security fob signals at my building), and debit cards sandwiched between two RFID blocking cards, so they're not stealing the credit card info in a near-field situation.

Inside job, I swear it is. :mad:

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Did the same thing.

Went through a run of CC hacks though. Changed all my CC and debit card to $1 email notifications now. At least it stops it quick.

4Waters

Reaction score
I was logged out of RDP this morning

boat527

Reaction score

I have had mine set to 0$ notifications for the past 3 yrs ( after my car was ransacked overnight)

0$ let's you know of the " soft test" approval for 0$ to confirm the card info is good.. it's the next charge I worry about.