WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Any Subaru enthusiasts up in here?

hallett21

Reaction score
Has anyone ran them in decent snow? Like a foot?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ran a buddies in mammoth 2 weeks ago in the canyon lodge parking lot at 9-10pm. Honest 12-18” of snow.

Damn car drove like it was on rails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Subaru’s are Toyota’s. We have a cross trek wife calls it her lezbo car, they used to be all the craze with the butchy lezbos back in the day. It has been flawless for 30k miles. Super safe car if you do your homework. You have to try to wreck it.
We had a Wrx sti, was a blast, but road like a truck. And got 18 mpg.

sintax

Reaction score
Subaru’s are Toyota’s. We have a cross trek wife calls it her lezbo car, they used to be all the craze with the butchy lezbos back in the day. It has been flawless for 30k miles. Super safe car if you do your homework. You have to try to wreck it.
We had a Wrx sti, was a blast, but road like a truck. And got 18 mpg.

I wouldn't go THAT far, I think their something around 20% owner in Subaru. They have done a few projects with them (FSR / BRZ) but thats about it. Their cars are NOWHERE as stale and boring as Toyota. Toyota is SO far out of touch they totally destroyed the golden goose that was the Supra. They could have wrote a blank check with that car, if done right there would have been lines around the block to get their hands on one. Instead the flubbed it so hard they hype was over and gone before they even knew it.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I wouldn't go THAT far, I think their something around 20% owner in Subaru. They have done a few projects with them (FSR / BRZ) but thats about it. Their cars are NOWHERE as stale and boring as Toyota. Toyota is SO far out of touch they totally destroyed the golden goose that was the Supra. They could have wrote a blank check with that car, if done right there would have been lines around the block to get their hands on one. Instead the flubbed it so hard they hype was over and gone before they even knew it.

If there’s one thing Toyota knows how to do, it’s make boatloads of cash.

They made $6 billion last quarter alone.

With the Supra, they’ve got a low-volume car that cost them relatively little to develop.

No one buys cars, let alone sports cars, these days.

They’re laughing all the way to the bank [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sintax

Reaction score
If there’s one thing Toyota knows how to do, it’s make boatloads of cash.

They made $6 billion last quarter alone.

With the Supra, they’ve got a low-volume car that cost them relatively little to develop.

No one buys cars, let alone sports cars, these days.

They’re laughing all the way to the bank [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

of course it didnt cost shit to develop, they took a poor selling BMW, slapped a god awful body kit on it and paraded it around like a pig with lipstick on. Judging by the fact i have not seen a single car on the road (and I spend 99% of my time in one of the largest Asian populated areas outside of Asia) I highly doubt they're laughing anywhere.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
of course it didnt cost shit to develop, they took a poor selling BMW, slapped a god awful body kit on it and paraded it around like a pig with lipstick on. Judging by the fact i have not seen a single car on the road (and I spend 99% of my time in one of the largest Asian populated areas outside of Asia) I highly doubt they're laughing anywhere.

Yorba Linda?

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Up until a year or so ago, Subaru built the Toyota Camary.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

Personally I think they turned out pretty cool. It seems to haul ass and handles well.

I'm not a buyer because its too pricey currently for what it is but it's a nice car.

Toyota has figured out a way with the Tacomas , 4runners and now Supra to not over build them so they don't have to discount them. They are relativity hard to find and dealers know it. It's a niche market and I don't think alot of people the car appeals to want to throw 60K at a turbo 6 banger when you can buy a vette for the same price.

If they could have delivered it at 45K they would sell a ton. I'm not sure that's what they are after.

sintax

Reaction score
Up until a year or so ago, Subaru built the Toyota Camary.

Ah looks like they were built in the US in FHI plants. Interesting, never would have thought Toyota would have outsourced it.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Interesting, I thought the Camry was made in the US since about the 90's
Correct, in Indiana by Subaru, they stopped production so they could build more outbacks on the same line.

rrrr

Reaction score
I looked at Subarus in 1976 shopping for a new car. I test drove a Subaru. After the drive, I got out, and when I shut the driver door the outer door panel flopped in and back out noticeably, over an inch. Salesman asked how I liked it, I said it's ok but I'm not interested. He asked if I'd noticed the door, I nodded affirmatively. Never looked back.

Went on to buy a 1976 VW Rabbit. THE WORST car I ever owned (second worst 1981 Chevrolet Citation X-11).

Not many people are brave enough to acknowledge they actually bought an X car. :D

welldigger00

Reaction score
It would be more authentic if you dressed as a woman that hates men. :D :D

Lol! Or look like the Bernie voting college professor with the sweater set, and leather booties that has a lesbian daughter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
The turbos have issues with cracking blocks and heads. Don't buy a WRX for the snow, Xtrec or lifted outback (just like cheapo toyota kits, it's just a 2" spacer block in the strut) is better, their AWD system is excellent, derived from german stability control programs.

Leaving all the nannies on in the snow, it's unlike anything you have ever driven, crazy how stable they are. All about the tires.

Only thing close or better IMO is an Audi, but fuck dat, they are 3x the price.

Personally I like to drive my shit, but the new tech is soooooo good, it makes almost everything manly obsolete. Soccer Mom in her subie can go almost anywhere a fire breathing old school front and rear posi full chains winch toting snowplow can.