WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Any sxs shops in havasu?

Rondog4405

Reaction score
The stock rzr cage has to go.. I know there are plenty of sxs shops out here in the I.E. The car is in parker and i really dont wanna drag it back this way and all that. Are there any shops in havasu that do cage work?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Just Money Motorsports has been awesome to work with on mine.

Agreed, they are great to work with. Prices are pretty reasonable.

A word of advice - the cut down cages look bad ass, but think about headroom, particularly for rear passengers, and especially if you cruise around without helmets. You don't want a small incident on or off road to turn into a big problem when someone bangs there head on a tube because you hit a rock. This is part of the reason I still have the stock cage on mine.

With the cage will come harnesses, that could drag into seats as well, but you can make the stock seats work with harnesses, so keep that in mind.

Last edited:

Hallett285

Reaction score
Toys for big boys.. Kevin in riverside great guy, pricing, and products.. pick up the cage and take it with you.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Bpracing1127

Reaction score

A word of advice - the cut down cages look bad ass, but think about headroom, particularly for rear passengers, and especially if you cruise around without helmets. You don't want a small incident on or off road to turn into a big problem when someone bangs there head on a tube because you hit a rock. This is part of the reason I still have the stock cage on mine.

With the cage will come harnesses, that could drag into seats as well, but you can make the stock seats work with harnesses, so keep that in mind.
This! Even in the front of you are a taller fella you risk hitting your head without a helmet and with a helmet could hit it all the time!

Rondog4405

Reaction score

Yeah i was looking at those pass thru bezels. Looks like a pain in the ass! Might grab those berts seats for a grand. Harnesses are #1 on the list for sure.!

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Toys for big boys.. Kevin in riverside great guy, pricing, and products.. pick up the cage and take it with you.

I was looking at thier website. Pretty reasonable prices. Thats probably gonne be the route i go. Throw it on my lil trailer and haul it out to parker and slap it on. :D

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
IMG_5111.jpg

This is a TFBB cage built by Kevin. Bought it at the Sand Show pocked it up a few weeks later and installed it in the driveway of my river pad with a little Lowe’s tool box. Lol.

IMG_2244.jpg
IMG_2255.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yeah i was looking at those pass thru bezels. Looks like a pain in the ass! Might grab those berts seats for a grand. Harnesses are #1 on the list for sure.!

The pass throughs are not bad to install. I got it down to about 20 mins per seat. It is much easier to use a dremel than the razor knife they recommend.

There are shops that will install them for you as well.

The Bert’s seats are nice. BPracing and I went to Bert’s last week to check them out.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
The pass throughs are not bad to install. I got it down to about 20 mins per seat. It is much easier to use a dremel than the razor knife they recommend.

The Bert’s seats are nice. BPracing and I went to Bert’s last week to check them out.
That c pillar bracing might work depending on the width measurements

Hallett285

Reaction score
I was looking at thier website. Pretty reasonable prices. Thats probably gonne be the route i go. Throw it on my lil trailer and haul it out to parker and slap it on. :D
I think you'd be happy with that decision. Happy with mine.
Screenshot_20180605-091438.jpeg

Rondog4405

Reaction score

Rondog4405

Reaction score

Yeah im still on the fence.. Might just give it a try(the pass thru's). So for the novice ,casual off roader...what were your thoughts on the berts seats? Any negatives?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yeah im still on the fence.. Might just give it a try(the pass thru's). So for the novice ,casual off roader...what were your thoughts on the berts seats? Any negatives?

The seats are great for the price. if you think you need seats, I would not hesitate to try them. They do not elevate you much if at all from the stock seat height which is also good. Although I do not like the stock seat height anyway, it is too high and too upright.

The rear bench does not have a rear harness pass through in the center. Right now I have a center rear bump seat for my 2 year old. He would need a thick booster cushion to sit in the middle of the bench, and would still not be able to see out. In his bump seat he can see everything. That is my only nit pick with the Bert' (or any) rear bench seat setup, but as my kid grows it will no longer be a problem. You need the bench in the back. There is no leg room in back with 4 buckets.

The only reason I didn't buy them is the rear bench seating option, and because I have been in my car on fairly hard rides for 6+ hours and I don't feel fatigued or uncomfortable.

I have lowered and reclined front seat bases (these can be reused with aftermarket seats) and 3 inch 5 point harnesses up front. So I'm strapped into the stock seats fairly well and don't move. I have also redone the suspension on the car which improves the ride greatly. So as a first step in a stock car, seats will very likely improve your comfort level, but I think you can make the stock seats pretty comfortable as well. Keep in mind the OEM upper and lower cushions are adjustable on the stock seats. The seat backs have 3 heights, and the bottoms are adjustable front to back. The front bottom adjustment takes minor work but is pretty straightforward.

I would absolutely do seats and harnesses before a cage and harnesses if you are prioritizing and budgeting with a stock car.

Conversely, if you keep the stock seats and convert them for safe harness use, you will have about $300 into them if you pay a shop, or about $100 if you do them yourself. Lowered seat bases for the front are from $100 to $160 a pair, and again most are reusable if you upgrades seats down the line. You do lose the front slider when you lower the front seats though.

Last edited:

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

Pass throughs are simple, you just have to take your time and follow the template, and yea I used a jig saw instead of a razor knife.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
The seats are great for the price. if you think you need seats, I would not hesitate to try them. They do not elevate you much if at all from the stock seat height which is also good (although I do not like the stock seat height anyway).

The rear bench does not have a rear harness pass through in the center. Right now I have a center rear bump seat for my 2 year old. He would need a thick booster cushion to sit in the middle of the bench, and would still not be able to see out. In his bump seat he can see everything. That is my only nit pick with the Bert' (or any) rear bench seat setup, but as my kid grows it will no longer be a problem. You need the bench in the back. There is no leg room in back with 4 buckets.

The only reason I didn't buy them is the rear bench seating option, and because I have been in my car on fairly hard rides for 6+ hours and I don't feel fatigued or uncomfortable.

I have lowered front seat bases (that can be reused with aftermarket seats) and 3 inch 5 point harnesses up front. So I'm strapped into the stock seats fairly well and don't move. I have also redone the suspension on the car which improves the ride greatly. So as a first step in a stock car, seats will very likely improve your comfort level.

I would absolutely do seats and harnesses before a cage and harnesses if you are prioritizing and budgeting.
I was hoping the rear bench had center opening as well. You are definitely right on with there not being much leg room back there with the stocker buckets. On your pass thru's.. Did the bezels click up and lock together solid? I dont wanna have them coming apart with every movement of the harnesses.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I was hoping the rear bench had center opening as well. You are definitely right on with there not being much leg room back there with the stocker buckets. On your pass thru's.. Did the bezels click up and lock together solid? I dont wanna have them coming apart with every movement of the harnesses.

The guy at Berts said getting the rear bench install perfect was critical to easy removal of the seat. He had said that is why they offer free installation, because people get frustrated with the rear bench. Basically you have to have the bases on it perfectly square, so both bases release to remove the rear seat for service.

The pass through is much more solid than I thought they would be. They have never come apart. I do have the Dragonfire ones.

The lowered and reclined seat bases actually increased rear leg room by 1.5 to 2 inches, because you don't have to have the seat back as far to be comfortable.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Pass throughs are simple, you just have to take your time and follow the template, and yea I used a jig saw instead of a razor knife.

I use a carbide cutter on a dremel, and then a sanding drum to smooth it out.

31rE9hjrceL._SX425_.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
For reference, this is my current rear seat setup. I have 2 inch harnesses for both kids, and a 3 inch harness in the seat behind the driver. Bump seat for the 2 year old in the center. I really like this setup for small kids.

PRP makes booster cushions, you can see that in the passenger rear seat. That is for my 6 year old.

4099868C-EC53-483C-B5A6-F53C289E0203.jpeg

Rondog4405

Reaction score
For reference, this is my current rear seat setup. I have 2 inch harnesses for both kids, and a 3 inch harness in the seat behind the driver. Bump seat for the 2 year old in the center. I really like this setup for small kids.

PRP makes booster cushions, you can see that in the passenger rear seat. That is for my 6 year old.

View attachment 721776
That rear middle seat is awesome! Where did you pick that up at?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
On my pass through’s I have 400 hard miles on them and no movement at all. Best cheap upgrade I did!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Think im gonna give it a try.. I have a dremel ..so all i need is the bit. Did you order your pass thru's on amazon?

Ebay. I think they were a couple bucks cheaper there. Also get a silver sharpie, it helps you see the line better on the back of the seat. You only need to cut through the plastic, in the back of the seat, not the foam. Go slow and take your time to get a nice fit. The first one will take you an hour. The rest will be 20-30 mins each.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
UTVGiant.com has them. They are in Mission Viejo.

Now you see why the rear bench is hard to swallow right now :)
Yep.. I have a 7 and 5 year old boys . and occasionally a cousin. That seat will come in handy!

Hallett285

Reaction score
Lookin good! What model cage is that one?
I thought it was an 8r or something like that. Looking at his updated site I would say the 8 point or the four seat play, because I went with the rear bars going to the back.

Also the seat bezels I did with a box cutter and had no problems.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I have a TFBB cage, seen 2 cars with this cage that had a multiple roll crash and only thing that happened was the paint was scratched. Kevin has a place in Parker he may even bring it down.
BC846FCA-D836-4D25-B499-80C2C7E916D5.jpeg

Rondog4405

Reaction score
I have a TFBB cage, seen 2 cars with this cage that had a multiple roll crash and only thing that happened was the paint was scratched. Kevin has a place in Parker he may even bring it down. View attachment 721919
Talked to him yesterday. Gonna stop by his shop next week . he said he was about 2 weeks out on his cages which is perfect for me:D