WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Any tractor people here? Buying kubota

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Mother in law has a ranch in Aguanga and has been wanting a tractor for awhile now so we are going to get her one. She’s been out shopping and wants a new kubota, went to the dealer in Temecula. I have not gotten involved yet but will be shortly since it’s my checkbook.

So are tractors like cars, msrp and then you can grind them down? Never bought a tractor before. The one she wants is around $16,000 or so.

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
I’ve owned 3
Great tractor for the price
First one I bought was in there rental fleet saved a couple of thousand
The other two to followed where new
Cheap payments and brand new and good return when you sell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Shop around, even out of area. You can almost always get them too throw something in or knock off the price.

What do you need it for? I am gping to assume you at least need a mower.

HBCraig

Reaction score
I have a good friend in that business

Whatever retail sticker price is, they have 20-22% in that

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Don't buy the smallest one ,Bx1880 borrowed one from a neighbor that I did some work for. The bucket is so small it takes forever to move even small amounts of dirt. I had some mud come down the hill and filled my dog kennel from all the rain we got out here and it had a hard time moving a full scraper box. Don't know what model it was , but it was 4x4 and had no problem with hills in my yard.

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
1C8134D1-32F4-4295-A2BA-52D69186D758.jpeg
$16,000. Must be a B series? What attachments , bucket etc. ?? How big is the area you are taking care of?

not worth buying without a bucket or HST trans. B series is kinda small
belly mower or three point rear?

I paid $9500 for this L series with 500 hrs 5 yrs ago from a word of mouth neighbor deal. Dealer quoted $26,000 with bucket and box for same tractor at that time.

crazy what clean used (and beat to a frazzle), Kubota's go for.

cant blame you for thinking new

Last edited:

Flatsix66

Reaction score
For our 3 acres we bought a cheap Chinese Jinma tractor for leveling driveways and arenas and light FEL work. 18 years and no problems except for flat tires. It was $6500 in 2002 dollars.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Definitely shop around. We have probably 5 dealers within a 100mi radius. A few people out here have purchased from a dealer in Calimesa, or out that way. Delivered out this way, still a couple thousand cheaper for an L series.

I've only worked on older ones. The only issues they had were electrical, mostly from being left in the weather. Mechanically great machines.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
25k , we bought bush hog and 12”-8”” auger after the tractor they have 0 interest for 8 years we put 10k down but double our payment should be paid off in 3 View attachment 839248
When my wife went to pay for it I told her to take a couple dozen donuts , she said Why ? I said just do it so she did they were so happy no one ever did that for them they gave her the the scraper box Free :) I have always said you can rule the world with donuts and pizza .

pixrthis

Reaction score
I bought a L3901 with a loader and a Gannon box with hydraulic rippers, tilt, and a roof. $30K delivered to my door and I have no idea how I lived without it. I was going to buy used under $10K and two different friends who repair tractors said I’d have $20K into it and it would be a pile so I took their advice.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Definitely shop around. We have probably 5 dealers within a 100mi radius. A few people out here have purchased from a dealer in Calimesa, or out that way. Delivered out this way, still a couple thousand cheaper for an L series.

I've only worked on older ones. The only issues they had were electrical, mostly from being left in the weather. Mechanically great machines.

Not too far away, they also own the rental yards and only use Kubota. They would deliver the machine. Don’t know about the prices but the people have excellent customer service.

https://www.inlandkubota.com/

This is the one that I wrote about. They have a huge selection and I’ve heard their prices are really good. Their customer service is great.

Sherpa

Reaction score
the world ag expo is this feb 11-13 I think and all the vendors are there.... IT's in Tulare. (Just a little bit south of fresno.)

make a deal at the show.......

--Sherpa

HBCraig

Reaction score
the world ag expo is this feb 11-13 I think and all the vendors are there.... IT's in Tulare. (Just a little bit south of fresno.)

make a deal at the show.......

--Sherpa
The Tulare Farm Show is cool. Make.your reservations now There are no rooms remotely close to the event; it's that big of a deal.

NicPaus

Reaction score
There is a Kubota dealer in Parker. Looks like low overhead at that location. Saw a little mini X when I drove by I thought about dragging home. Cheaper than the RZR at Parker Yamaha I liked.

Dr Rob

Reaction score
I just bought a kioti, 40 hp 4x4 ripper gannon,and loader....

00T0T_dZN8ry3G4UY_600x450.jpg
I am eyeballing that same package. Just curious how do you like it so far? Seems like a great deal with two attachments included plus a trailer.

ULTRA 94

Reaction score
My dad and I bought a new Kabota 10 years ago. Shopped around southern CA and at that time Apex rentals in Hesperia was the lowest price and best deals on the attachments. Maybe something to look into. They have both Brand new and well used rentals for sale.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
I just bought a kioti, 40 hp 4x4 ripper gannon,and loader....

00T0T_dZN8ry3G4UY_600x450.jpg
[/QUOTE

I'm looking at the New Kioti DK4510 4x4 tractor with front end loader and the Kioti CK3510 both with a Full 6 YEAR Kioti Warranty.
What model did you buy? How do you like it?