WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Any tricks on making a EZGO Gas a little faster ??

02Essex

Reaction score
Picked up a really nice EZGO yesterday for a steal ...But its pretty slow . Any mods I can do with out making loud or unreliable ??? Thanks

Attachments

• cart.jpg
    cart.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,334

SydneyRaysDad

Average Member
Reaction score
I think you can switch the clutch out to make it faster but you give up some hill climbing torque.
Check out buggiesunlimited.com

Old Man Havasu

Reaction score
Adjust the throttle till it just hits the rev limiter.
Changed to mobile one and picked .75 mph on the gps :):) 23.1 mph on the gps lol.

02Essex

Reaction score
cool ... i adjusted the governer on the rear diff today ... didnt seem much of a difference , but I will try the throttle

Mr Wicked

Reaction score
thats a ST sport with a 350 cc 11hp should be running 23 mph with the adjusted govenor... it already has the better clutch the 28 degree.....

if you give it full throttle does it take off fast then you feel it get slow???? if so the the govenor still has adjustment....

Mr Wicked

Reaction score
cool ... i adjusted the governer on the rear diff today ... didnt seem much of a difference , but I will try the throttle

look at throttle but is a single cable right to he carb... so not much adjustment like the older ones that have a bunch of linkage....

on the gov might need to add a spacer between the spring washer and the nut .... if you just bottom out the nut the spring is not compressed enough...

you can always check compression on the engine should be 170 or better.... frsh motor or new is 200 psi...

with the 22" tall tire that is on your cart should be 25 + mph

02Essex

Reaction score
Cool thanks for the info .... i will go try that right now .... It takes off quick but when it gets going it slows down ...

sirbob

Reaction score
Picked up a really nice EZGO yesterday for a steal ...But its pretty slow . Any mods I can do with out making loud or unreliable ??? Thanks

Mind If I ask just exactly what a "steal" comes to in dollars i.e. how much was it?

Thx

ParkerTime

Welcome to Paradise!!!
Reaction score
mill the head, exhaust, use racing fuel it will wake R up alil!
mine goes 38 mph and can climb!

02Essex

Reaction score
$2700 .... There were pieces of shit on craigslist going for 4000 .....

02Essex

Reaction score
craigslist..... Now I am thinking about selling it already to get my RZR XP LOL