WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

ANY ULTRA HD TV GURUS OUT HERE?

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
We are thinking about buying an Ultra HD TV for our living room and am looking for some educated opinions on which brand might be the best performing and which if any features that I should look for or look to not want.

We have been buying Sharp TV's for quite a while and have had very good luck with them but don't know if there UHD TV's are in the running for top of the list or not. We are looking to go to probably the 70" to 75" size so anyone that might have some useful information for us, we would love to hear it.

Thanks, Steve and the Boss Lady:)

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The M series Vizio 70" is at COSTCO at about $500 off the regular price.
It's the 70" that comes in the black box.
The full array LED feature is pretty cool and it got a good review from LaPort.

m-series_03_1.jpg

We like Samsung, but that new Vizio is murder.
Vizio makes 3 different 70".
The M Series is the Ultra HD.

The only thing we hear is Ultra HD makers haven't yet decided on what plug formats to use.
Some talk plug sizes like USB may go smaller maybe even different configurations.
That may have changed since Leo LaPorts review, Damfino.

The Sports Bars we hang out at say if a TV fails, it's a Vizio before any other brand.
Dunno if that's a fair way to look at their reliability.

JD D05

Reaction score
I got a 4K a few months ago. I have bought 5 Samsungs in a row but went with the Sony this time. So far I love it.

Reactions: TPC

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I've been a vizio fan for years. We had 2 that lasted 10 years. One finally died and the other is still working and I brought it to the river since we bought 2 new ones for home. But the 70" in my family room has been giving me issues. Vizio replaced one free of charge already and that replacement now has some white dots at the bottom of the screen now. Calling them this week to see if my warranty is still good. I'll update this later on how they treat me this second time around.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Talking to Direct TV they say if you already are set up for HD you are good to go for 4K.
That's what they tell me.
And, they said they have presented some 4k programs already.
That's what they tell me.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting 2 new TVs as well...had Samsung the last few and love...will probably stick with theme again.

linus3

Reaction score
I just bought that exact Visio M 4K 70" mentioned above. The picture is amazing. I could not be any more pleased. :thumbsup

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
Well, it looks like the Visio has a pretty good rep. For some reason I have just been weary of them and I don't know why. I have about 6 or seven Sharps and all have been great but so far it looks like it will be a Samsung or the Visio... Thanks for the input.

Steve

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I am looking to pull the trigger on a 55" for my living room, however I am a Panasonic Plasma guy and am concerned that LED, even at 4k and 240hz will not quite look the same and I will be disappointed. Any other plasma guys made the switch?

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Vizio about the issues with my replacement TV they gave me a few months ago. Waiting to hear back from them but sounds like they'll be giving me another. Sucks that I'm going on my 3rd one but its great they're taking care of me. Great customer service.

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
Sucks that you're having such crappy luck but great that they are stepping up on replacements:thumbsup I've been married for a ton of years and had a ton of TV's and (knock on wood) I have never had one break on me...:hmm Sure hope I'm not pushing my luck...:eek

Steve

IinsureU

aka 'Insman'
Reaction score
I am looking to pull the trigger on a 55" for my living room, however I am a Panasonic Plasma guy and am concerned that LED, even at 4k and 240hz will not quite look the same and I will be disappointed. Any other plasma guys made the switch?

I have a Pioneer Elite Kuro plasma that I LOVE, but I did just buy a new Samsung 4kUHD that is 5 inches larger in picture size for when my Pioneer sells, I'll jump back in here after installed. Some of the newest Samsungs will "up convert" other programming and they just also released SUHD, I love the Samsung picture and product much more than Vizio

copterzach

Reaction score
We have 5 Vizios. No problems at all. Have one mounted on the back patio. Been there almost 5 years. I thought for sure the humidity would have killed it by now. But still working.

Singleton

Reaction score
Don't waste your money yet. You're at least four years away, likely more, from having legitimate content available from multiple sources.

Yep. I worked at DirecTV and while they state they have 4k shows, it is very limited and only those they produce.

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
I don't have four years to wait for a new TV.:grumble::( By then someone will prolly be spoon feeding me my pablum while I crap my diapers...:eek:D I'm really leaning hard towards the Samsung 78" They don't have a 75" so I guess that I just have to go big or go home...:D

Steve