WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Any updates on the speed car?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I talked to speed yesterday when I added a few more options. They said my car would be done late feb / early March.
I asked them if I needed to pay the invoice now, and they said no. It is just a confirmation of what’s ordered.

they didn’t say it directly but I got the impression they are building the first couple hundred cars right now behind the scenes.

When they ask for the payment I am going to pay it.

Good info RD.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
42k, 550 hp, 4 speed sequential trans. I have friends with 65k into can ams. I don’t get it. 65k would get me my car and a used rzr for havasu trails with enough $$ left over for hookers and blow.
View attachment 961919
Beautiful car, as all of your cars have been.
While SXS’s can get expensive, it’s a payment for many, and sorry, servicing your car can be much more time and money than an equal priced sxs.
Sure, a lot of the service can be done by the owner on both, but again, parts are cheaper as well for sxs’s (relatively)
For middle class guys like me that boat and do off road, the reduced costs of a sxs to maintain keep me doing both pastimes.
The only reason I didn’t buy that V6 Honda car you had years ago: what a perfect car that was.
👍

renodaytona

Reaction score
I was out there yesterday testing the new to me car. Got a few issues to sort out with the handling. Other than that I cant keep the front wheels on the ground :)

Ed the Suspension guy is set up on Roadrunner, money well spent to have him set the car up, otherwise you will be chasing solutions for years. If you need his contact info let me know.

That would be great, I have heard a lot of good things about Ed. I'm in the midst of planning a Glamis trip now, not sure if it will happen soon or in the fall. Looking forward to getting back down there and also to Dumont.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
E5629A11-F870-4ACA-9AA3-44BE73407661.jpeg

and let’s remember you can buy 9 month old $60k SXS’s with 400 miles on them for $37k
A speed car will walk from my car, also won’t fit in my toy hauler.
Belts, fluids and lubrication are pretty affordable, as are CV’s vs 934’s and transaxle rebuilds of a V8 sand car.

My BIL is #482: Can’t wait to ride in it. He has been told early May
1E049C67-4229-400D-9F6B-ACE61CC07743.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
That would be great, I have heard a lot of good things about Ed. I'm in the midst of planning a Glamis trip now, not sure if it will happen soon or in the fall. Looking forward to getting back down there and also to Dumont.

Ed did my RZR. Super happy with it.

Reactions: DLC

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
42k, 550 hp, 4 speed sequential trans. I have friends with 65k into can ams. I don’t get it. 65k would get me my car and a used rzr for havasu trails with enough $$ left over for hookers and blow.
View attachment 961919

If all I did was Glamis I’d have a sandrail again. But we do Big Bear, Utah, Pismo, Mammoth, Superstition, Ocotillo, and Parker.

It’s just not practical for most families that go other than Glamis to have a large car.

Beautiful car BTW [emoji106]

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
View attachment 962070
and let’s remember you can buy 9 month old $60k SXS’s with 400 miles on them for $37k
A speed car will walk from my car, also won’t fit in my toy hauler.
Belts, fluids and lubrication are pretty affordable, as are CV’s vs 934’s and transaxle rebuilds of a V8 sand car.

My BIL is #482: Can’t wait to ride in it. He has been told early May
View attachment 962073

Good looking car.

Interesting he’s been told early May and RD has been told March. I know RD is a little further up the queue though.

RG said they would be built in groups of 400 to start.

Is your BIL master # 452, or 4 seater # 452? I am 4 seater # 699, so I will be in the second group. If he is #452 4 seater his will be built in the group with mine. RD is in the first build group.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Good looking car.

Interesting he’s been told early May and RD has been told March. I know RD is a little further up the queue though.

RG said they would be built in groups of 400 to start.

Is your BIL master # 452, or 4 seater # 452? I am 4 seater # 699, so I will be in the second group. If he is #452 4 seater his will be built in the group with mine. RD is in the first build group.
4 seater so second group
He doesn’t care, he’s very involved with Wilson Motorsports class 1 car, his kids are grown.
He said it’s too hot by May anyways so he’s good with Any delays, has other time killers lol.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
4 seater so second group
He doesn’t care, he’s very involved with Wilson Motorsports class 1 car, his kids are grown.
He said it’s too hot by May anyways so he’s good with Any delays, has other time killers lol.

when I get mine it’s going straight to Simpson, then when I get it back I will run it at night during the summer..

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
Was there any talk about production in last nights presentation, I watched most of it, but had to leave my office a few times.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I swear I was passed by RG or someone in a 2 seater Speed Car yesterday. I don’t have a rearview mirror but I saw some extra dust out of my side mirror and thought someone is behind me, I need to find a place to pull over. Started looking forward and heard a rev of an engine and all I could see was a headlight in my side mirror and his motor noise above mine. lol It was really rocky terrain and we were alone, I wasn’t going fast at all.

I waved my arm out the window, he backed off and as soon as I could, I pulled over. There was an orange 2 seater followed by 3 Can Am’s heading out towards Rice Valley Wilderness area.

They stopped up ahead and I waved when I went bye. Kind of wanted to stop but didn’t want to bother him, if it was him. Was pretty funny.

We stopped up at a high point and watched the orange car walk away from the Can Am’s as they made their way across the desert.

Don’t know for sure but there aren’t a lot of orange 2 seaters out there...especially with 1 guy driving and 3 vehicles following. Funny story regardless.

lf2

Reaction score
I swear I was passed by RG or someone in a 2 seater Speed Car yesterday. I don’t have a rearview mirror but I saw some extra dust out of my side mirror and thought someone is behind me, I need to find a place to pull over. Started looking forward and heard a rev of an engine and all I could see was a headlight in my side mirror and his motor noise above mine. lol It was really rocky terrain and we were alone, I wasn’t going fast at all.

I waved my arm out the window, he backed off and as soon as I could, I pulled over. There was an orange 2 seater followed by 3 Can Am’s heading out towards Rice Valley Wilderness area.

They stopped up ahead and I waved when I went bye. Kind of wanted to stop but didn’t want to bother him, if it was him. Was pretty funny.

We stopped up at a high point and watched the orange car walk away from the Can Am’s as they made their way across the desert.

Don’t know for sure but there aren’t a lot of orange 2 seaters out there...especially with 1 guy driving and 3 vehicles following. Funny story regardless.

There are orange speed edition textrons out there

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
There are orange speed edition textrons out there

I just searched them and it didn’t look anything like what I saw. Who knows? Someone could have thrown a bunch of money at one.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Was there any talk about production in last nights presentation, I watched most of it, but had to leave my office a few times.

No, he didn't talk about delivery dates. They showed pictures of production parts and talked about that the main production hold up is clutches. They have not received any production clutches and said they were calling the clutch manufacturer daily for updates.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I haven’t watched today’s episode but they announced the stereo components will be kicker.

10,000+ units.. one hell of a sale

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I haven’t watched today’s episode but they announced the stereo components will be kicker.

Using kicker in my

Glad I bought my Kicker components last week for my toon 😳

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Two YXZ owners I know stop talking about their attempts to turbo them when their cost past $60K. Way, way past and beyond,, and still spending and still with issues.
Wifes says they went way way past $70K.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Two YXZ owners I know stop talking about their attempts to turbo them when their cost past $60K. Way, way past and beyond,, and still spending and still with issues.

Putting a power adder on a SXS that didn’t come with one is a fools errand if you value your time and money.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
not always.. they made a pretty cool blower kit that I thought was decently priced?

You are $4k-5K in for any complete kit for a decent power adder. Sell what you got and buy one already built from the factory with a turbo. You are miles ahead.

This applies to any SXS made in the last 5 years or so.

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
Ive said this before and I hope Im wrong. where are the assembly line pics? Where is the material that will be assembled on this line? Or has it not been ordered since the product is not finalized. is the building ready to start? machinery set, utilities in place. is the front office staff ready? How many are employed today? id say 100 today to have a product to you in a few months wouldn't be enough. Are all the legal hurdles done without a final product ready for build and sell? This is something you need to register in a state.
Will you get a coupon for a Magic deck boat discount with purchase?

They are still testing. Im sorry but these things need to be in a create right now for you to get it in 30 days. Im hopefully skeptical, Im a very late buyer on one of these, like years from now. If I pay more thats fine.

I really hope you guys dont get screwed. This is company being funded by customers with no product. Sure these can be a success, but YOU are at risk.

If there are pictures Ive never seen then great, disregard my .02
DB64EE54-72A9-479C-AA75-95155D05CE2A.jpeg

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Putting a power adder on a SXS that didn’t come with one is a fools errand if you value your time and money.
Wifes says they went way way past $70K.
I have 2 friends that put turbo kits on their YXZ's with zero issue at all. I can't remember which turbo kit they put on but I believe it was one that utilized most of the set-up for the snow mobile engines.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I have 2 friends that put turbo kits on their YXZ's with zero issue at all. I can't remember which turbo kit they put on but I believe it was one that utilized most of the set-up for the snow mobile engines.

And now they have cars worth less than stock YXZs.

yz450mm

Reaction score
And now they have cars worth less than stock YXZs.
I think @TPC was fed some bad information on those prices, you could buy a Yamaha GYTR Factory Turbo for under 6 Grand, and bolt it on and go. Yeah you could change rods and pistons on the earlier models, but the 19 20 and 21 come factory turbo ready on the internals.

I did a featherweight flywheel, airbox mods, opened up the exhaust, and a flash tune, and this thing absolutely screams. The only time it could use more power is in the soft sand, but I'm only in that every once in a while.

I'm probably 25 on this thing all in, new ones can be had for 21k. I'm sure if you took a new one and dropped it off at Weller, they would gladly find a way to get your bill to 60k, but you would be a sucker.

20210122_234211.jpg
Screenshot_20210122-233753_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I think @TPC was fed some bad information on those prices, you could buy a Yamaha GYTR Factory Turbo for under 6 Grand, and bolt it on and go. Yeah you could change rods and pistons on the earlier models, but the 19 20 and 21 come factory turbo ready on the internals.

I did a featherweight flywheel, airbox mods, opened up the exhaust, and a flash tune, and this thing absolutely screams. The only time it could use more power is in the soft sand, but I'm only in that every once in a while.

I'm probably 25 on this thing all in, new ones can be had for 21k. I'm sure if you took a new one and dropped it off at Weller, they would gladly find a way to get your bill to 60k, but you would be a sucker.

View attachment 965360 View attachment 965361

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I think the $60k figure might be high as well, but if you are paying a shop, and they do a “full build” I could see that “sucker’s” figure as you said.

This is just my logic, but it makes no sense to me to take your car you have $25k in and throw another $6k at it, when you could just buy a turbo 2 seat RZR XP for under $18k and a used one for way less, or a new gen Pro XP for a little over $20k, or a DS turbo can am in that price range.

I'm not talking shit on the Yamaha, all these things lose enough on resale as it is, why double down by getting a turbo kit when factory turbo cars exist? That said the Yamaha and Honda are kinda unique, but is the $.30 on the dollar you get back out of the power adder on resale is rough.

No right or wrong answer here, but that is just my take on it.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
As is just about every vehicle. Look at that supercharger Silverado that is the classified here for an example.

So now we are back to my original point.

If that truck was an extra cab short bed, it would probably be sold.

Taboma

Reaction score
If I'm looking at a used "Whatever" and I see a power adder modification, it pretty much dismisses any claims it was only driven by granny to church on Sundays. 🤔
Unless of course, it's my Camaro, which is only used for mainly driving to the doc appointments --- although with some gusto I will admit. 😂

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
So now we are back to my original point.

If that truck was an extra cab short bed, it would probably be sold.
I didn't mean to imply your post was wrong, just that the issue of no resale value is not an issue exclusive to the YXZ, its global.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
In general , value Can go down.
Several Corona Motorworx built can ams with EVO 5 tunes, beefed up turbo’s with 300hp, have had no problem selling used.
But yes, value on a complete add on turbo or super charger on sxs is usually hard to recoup $ wise.
All about the fun factor in the end, I’d walk around with cash in a see through briefcase if I wanted to show off money and not lose it🤣

BIGRED9158

Reaction score

They are asking 80k for the can am no way someone is going to pay that no matter what the car is you never get what you put in it it could be a rhino or rzr you will never see a full return

PlanB

Reaction score
I picked this up an estate sale for 11k and it was loaded, non turbo. LOL I don’t know how you guys dump 40-60K on these things. Especially after 5,000 miles they are considered mostly spent.

View attachment 966871

I don't know about that statement. There are a lot of guys on the X3 forum with well over 5K, and one guy with 35K. Stuff will obviously break like any off road vehicle, but with some maintenance they seem to actually be fairly durable.

2Driver

Reaction score
I don't know about that statement. There are a lot of guys on the X3 forum with well over 5K, and one guy with 35K. Stuff will obviously break like any off road vehicle, but with some maintenance they seem to actually be fairly durable.

Considered mostly spent from resale point of view. I know I’d never pick up a used sxs with that mileage unless it was real cheap. But I’m real cheap. :)

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Sxs’s are cell phones, not boats
None hold their value after 5 years.
Then again, I chose to see my kids smile riding in my $37k machine vs watching it in a bank, but that’s me.
I post up the speed cars in case someone wants one a little less than buying one outright at this point.

manxman

Reaction score

They are asking 80k for the can am no way someone is going to pay that no matter what the car is you never get what you put in it it could be a rhino or rzr you will never see a full return

That canam sold already!!!

PlanB

Reaction score
Sxs’s are cell phones, not boats
None hold their value after 5 years.
Then again, I chose to see my kids smile riding in my $37k machine vs watching it in a bank, but that’s me.
I post up the speed cars in case someone wants one a little less than buying one outright at this point.

5 years is the plan on the current SxS. Then it will be time to move on to something else.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
So the word is production begins in March at this point.

4 seater final test with final full production drivetrain is going to be in Feb, they are planning to put 6500 miles on the car. They are going to run it pretty much non stop, all in and around Parker and Havasu. If all is good there, production begins in March... I'd assume that means deliveries in April or May.

I may try to go out and find them testing next month to get a ride or drive the thing. :)

It sounds like they are going to put a lot of effort into shipping the cars to Havasu for pickup. I believe the RG shop in OC will also be a pickup point. Reading between the lines if you want your car delivered, there may be a little extra lead time due to logistics.

They have sent final order confirmation/invoicing to 4 seaters up to number 613. I am 4 seater number 699, so I expect mine soon.

Last edited: