WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

anybody been to riggins races

Riverbottom

Reaction score
It is a blast. Boat count has been down the last few years. Last year I really enjoyed watching the orange turbine boat. Super quiet and running 130 m.p.h. on the long straight sections. Friday is the b.b.q. and boat show, gives you a chance to check out the hardware. My wife and I go almost every year, but unfortunately have other commitments this year.
Check the weather and take proper clothes. I have been when it is 80 degrees and sunny, and also have stood on the Time Zone Bridge in the rain and snow.

cpdad93

Reaction score
It is a blast. Boat count has been down the last few years. Last year I really enjoyed watching the orange turbine boat. Super quiet and running 130 m.p.h. on the long straight sections. Friday is the b.b.q. and boat show, gives you a chance to check out the hardware. My wife and I go almost every year, but unfortunately have other commitments this year.
Check the weather and take proper clothes. I have been when it is 80 degrees and sunny, and also have stood on the Time Zone Bridge in the rain and snow.
Is there a spot for the best viewing? I guess it's not like the circle boats where they keep coming back to you. I think we are about 2 hours from Riggins, with their lack of lodging may have to commute up there and back. Due to our recent weather I imagine it's going to be cold up there.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
I believe that the course is about 25 miles long. They race 4 heats on Saturday and 2 heats on Sunday. There are many great places to park and watch. We usually start in town at the city park for the start then work down the river and watch each heat from a different location. The time zone bridge is popular, as you can stand on the bridge and watch the boats go under you. There are also some nasty rapids just above the bridge. I have been circle racing most of my life, but this is a better spectator sport.

Where do you live that is two hours away ? We live in Parker Az. and fly into Boise.

River Runnin

Reaction score
Was gonna volunteer for rescue a few times through the years but never was called back!

cpdad93

Reaction score
I believe that the course is about 25 miles long. They race 4 heats on Saturday and 2 heats on Sunday. There are many great places to park and watch. We usually start in town at the city park for the start then work down the river and watch each heat from a different location. The time zone bridge is popular, as you can stand on the bridge and watch the boats go under you. There are also some nasty rapids just above the bridge. I have been circle racing most of my life, but this is a better spectator sport.

Where do you live that is two hours away ? We live in Parker Az. and fly into Boise.
Fruitland, right on the idaho/oregon border on 95

cpdad93

Reaction score
tamaracksnow.jpg

I think the water will be cold this year, this is in Tamarack last week. That is a 4' stove pipe next to me.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Guess the lake at McCall will be frozen. Wish I was going this year. Next year for sure.