WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

D

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
is that on a slab or wood floor. Seems High to me.

Wood with some kind of steel foundation. It would sit on a concrete slab in my back yard.

I notice they go on sale from time to time.....about 10% off when on sale at Home Depot but I think that is usually for one in stock

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Isn't that Tuff Shed right off the 60 in Ontario? Maybe you can save some coin going straight to them.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I have had both a tuff shed and another kit I bought at a local lumber store. I think both were equal in quality. The kit was much cheaper because I built it...the kit was just a lumber package. I can't remember how much they were because it was so long ago, but as far as quality I felt they were comparable. I had the kit shed for 15 years and it was in just as good of shape as the day it was built.

Maybe you can find a used one on craigslist and save some money. You would just need a flatbed trailer and some RDP peeps to help you load and unload it.

h2o225

Reaction score
Have a tuff shed since we bought our house. Mine is on dirt has held up nicely.the steel framed door is great. We have 10x12.
Bought mil one. Pain in the ass to move dont want to do that again.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Isn't that Tuff Shed right off the 60 in Ontario? Maybe you can save some coin going straight to them.

You can order online but possibly HD could be cheaper IF buying one in stock.

I have had both a tuff shed and another kit I bought at a local lumber store. I think both were equal in quality. The kit was much cheaper because I built it...the kit was just a lumber package. I can't remember how much they were because it was so long ago, but as far as quality I felt they were comparable. I had the kit shed for 15 years and it was in just as good of shape as the day it was built.

Maybe you can find a used one on craigslist and save some money. You would just need a flatbed trailer and some RDP peeps to help you load and unload it.

I probably....no, I am 100% sure I won't go the kit direction.....lol

Good idea on craigslist.

Glad to hear that they are pretty good quality

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Have a tuff shed since we bought our house. Mine is on dirt has held up nicely.the steel framed door is great. We have 10x12.
Bought mil one. Pain in the ass to move dont want to do that again.

Thanks for the input....

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
A guy I work with tried dealing with tuff shed. Apparently, they really gave him the run around. He wanted to build a pretty descent sized garage for his old house. I dont remember all the details, but he was pretty irate with them.

guest hs

Reaction score
i have a tuff shed it has been at my house for years and is still like new. my fatherinlaw even had them build a custom garage behind his house with stucco finish very nice!

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Bought a 10x16 from T.S. about 10 years ago, happy with it. It was the largest footprint I could get without needing a permit.
I bought the gambrel barn style and built my own loft in it, the cost of the loft option was ridiculous, and I built mine with 2x10 joists and 5/8 plywood so I could put heavy stuff up there.
It is on a dirt pad I leveled and put some pea gravel down on, the bottom is galv. channel. Never gone out of level. I have this thing loaded very very heavy, and zero issues.

U4ia

Reaction score
Tuff Shed built us a 12X20 to go up against an L-shaped retaining wall. Very good quality and decent price, I went direct to the Tuff Shed store in the SFV, and then over to Sylmar to deal direct with the factory. I dropped off some paint and they did it up in our house colors and trim. Two walls, roof and a pair of double doors and a man door, skylight and rotary vent in the roof, can't recall the price, but it was not a helluva lot for what we got. Ours was cheaper since I already had the two concrete walls on site.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Good info guys......keep it coming.

There is a showroom by my office so I am going to stop by there.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I was gonna buy one a while back. Couldn't bring myself to pay what the wanted. I ended up building one myself. 10x12 on a slab. Cost me right about $1,000 for the whole thing including the concrete.

Sent from my iPad using Tap That Ass

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
The shed I purchased was 4x10 and was right around $900, delivered and installed. Not sure if you want an aluminum shed or not but I thought it was a pretty good deal and it sits below my fence line.

Not sure if there is a similar company in your area or not.

http://www.unitedalum.com/res-sheds.htm

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
On a side note. I need a small storage cabinet for my new backyard. Something like one of those Rubbermaid ones. They are fucking expensive too. Anyone have one they wanna get rid of?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I built my own. And it came out 100 times better than anything I could buy. 8ft ceilings, 1/3 of it is for the kids to change in (for the pool), and the other 2/3rds are my man cave. Power tools, stuff like that. ;)

The upper part is all storage. I put a pull down ladder in it, and store all the annual stuff up there (holiday decorations).

Pre-built sheds are a total rip off. You can build something WAY nicer on your own! :thumbup:

Pics in a second...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
ten by twelve by fifteen feet high...

Attachments

• IMAG3276.jpg
    IMAG3276.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 645

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Nice work! :thumbsup

We built it to fit the rhino in and it worked great. Also had extra room to store all kinds of shit. I cleaned it out this weekend and I have no idea where to put all the stuff that was in there.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Tuff Shed is WAY overpriced. Go up to Shed World in Victorville and have one for half the price. They're right off the 15. I have a 10x20 with the beams going the long length for a side door. I have three other people I know that I referred to Shed World and no complaints. Due to access to my backyard, they built on-site. Took a full day but came out great. Call Shed World!

snafu

Reaction score
Built my own 8x8 and it lasted 20yrs, the problem was it looked like I built it. Bought a 10x12 Tuff Shed 5 yrs ago was about 3500.00. Has the galvanized metal base sitting on dirt. Lowes used to have a comparable kit for half the price but wood platform and 2x3 studs. Looked at shed world as well they were about 1000.00 cheaper but as I recall had the wood floor base, with comparable upgrades there was only a couple hundred difference. Like the TS warranty. My brother has two TS, a couple of warranty issues fixed promptly and his are 8 yrs old. If an earthquake hits and the house falls I'll move into the shed.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I built a 10x8 TS out at the river

There pretty darn tough...A guy decided to park his avalance on it last year...lol

Good quailty and I don't think we paid anything close to msrp. Call the ontario store and grind them down.

Attachments

• 1-10-2012 INCIDENT REPORT 001.jpg
    1-10-2012 INCIDENT REPORT 001.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 457

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
There's a guy out off highway 138 on the way to Victorville , Phelan or one of those little desert towns , anyway , he has
them on the side of the road , he builds them there . I got one years ago , the price was right , quality was great and he delivered
it and set it up ...Google him !

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Never bought one, but I built a shit ton of them while I was going to school in Phoenix 20+ years ago.

screaming pete

Reaction score
There's a guy out off highway 138 on the way to Victorville , Phelan or one of those little desert towns , anyway , he has
them on the side of the road , he builds them there . I got one years ago , the price was right , quality was great and he delivered
it and set it up ...Google him !

is this the guy at the top of the grade on Oak Hil?

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
My mom bought a tough shed a few years back. I built out the inside with heavy duty shelfs. They are nice.

slowride

Reaction score
Bought this 5 sided shed for the Shack. I gave up a little square footage, but it fit perfectly in the corner of the yard without making the yard unusable like a rectangular would have. Paid a little over $2k after shipping and comes with prefabbed walls on pallets. Assemble it, roof it, and you're done.
master:LIT083.jpg

NicPaus

Reaction score
If you go tuffshed try and get 20% off 10-15 is ok. They are definitely expensive I have had 1 built and built about 8 myself. Your best is to find a used 1 of cl. Make sure you check city zoning. Lots of the deals people have them installed and city says remove it. Here is a 10X12 a quick cl search http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/grd/3550391462.html

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Love our Tuff Shed.
Super heavy duty.
We bought it through Home Depot when it was on sale and they let us use a coupon too.

Makes me feel like a Kennedy .

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
If anyone is looking for a decent plastic shed I just picked this one up today at Sears for $465. It's on sale for that price till tomorrow I believe. Got a good deal on a new lawn mower as well. They have 25% off lawn and garden stuff. Here's a pic of the shed. It's 8'x4'.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361415397.357687.jpg

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
If anyone is looking for a decent plastic shed I just picked this one up today at Sears for $465. It's on sale for that price till tomorrow I believe. Got a good deal on a new lawn mower as well. They have 25% off lawn and garden stuff. Here's a pic of the shed. It's 8'x4'.

View attachment 252015

I don't need one but I'll give you 250 for that one today.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Waiting for my Tuff Shed delivery and assembly today....Will post pics later.

Looking forward to getting this shed and emptying out the garage into it. I want my garage back....lol

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Naw...checked out Tuff Shed, read reviews here and other places, looked at them at the manufacture location. All good IMO.

Of course now i need to move atuff from the garage but when done i will me extremely happy ;)

Mamootaz

Reaction score
Has anyone recently bought the shed from them ? Wondering if recent reviews are positive about this company ?

3.Slow

Reaction score
Has anyone recently bought the shed from them ? Wondering if recent reviews are positive about this company ?
I can say they are put together well, my sister bought one on CL and we had to disassemble it to move and that was a PIA, you can certainly built one yourself for less as they are pretty expensive.

Mamootaz

Reaction score
I can say they are put together well, my sister bought one on CL and we had to disassemble it to move and that was a PIA, you can certainly built one yourself for less as they are pretty expensive.
Thank you for your feedback, thinking to get one this weekend

CLdrinker

Reaction score
call shed world 7602445263

Yes if your in so cal call Shed World they can deliver prebuilt or can build on site in 1 day.
My wife used to be their insurance agent. They are extremely nice and easy to work with.

Spot

Reaction score
You may want to check Costco.com. My neighbor just bought one through them and he loves it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mamootaz

Reaction score
Do you guys know any company that supplies Tongue and Groove design cabins? It seems that I can not really find such suppliers in US. These are popular overseas and looks much better than standard sheds

grumpy88

Reaction score
I bought mine through home depot and saved 10 percent for opening a HD card and like 300 dollars off a purchase over x amount of money . I then paid it off first bill . We love ours it's about 10 years old .