WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anybody have a 17 Chevy Silverado HD 3500

G. Faulk

Reaction score
Duramax 4 wheel drive single wheel log bed? Just got mine, super happy with it. Gobs of power, rides really nice, finally Chevy has made the inside real nice and comfy, and its pretty dam loaded up in the High Country version. I added more factory options which is another thing Chevy has made available and a fairly decent amount.

Here's what I don't get. You spend 70K on a truck which is totally dumb, and on the front end they can't put a grille that protects the small radiator from getting damaged from road debris. I got fucking 276 miles and already there's two areas of fins that have been damaged. Im heading to Shasta from SB this weekend and I can only imagine how much more fin damage there's going to be.

Still way better then a Ford or Dodge:D:D

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
My 15 year old Chevy has the same problem...but only cost $9500, is comfy as hell, and I don't need to study the owners manual to learn how to work the radio.

The dirt track guys put wire mesh over the radiator to protect it...but nobody would pay 78K for a truck with chicken wire over the radiator...so to get their price, they omit the useful details in favor of 49 air bags, voice activated back up cameras...and climate controlled double stitched leather seats, which are obviously requirements for a pickup truck.

Seems to work...you fell for it.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
:worthless_1_:

G. Faulk

Reaction score
I get the truck on Friday, my best bud stops by with his son, my godson, Sunday. He wants to go for a ride, loads up the kid and car seat and off we go. I notice Best Bud brings his Daddy day care cooler, must of thought we'd be gone all afternoon. As I mash the gas to show him how much more power my Chevy has over his crappy ford, the milk in the Daddy day care cooler must of spilt from the power. Then his Daddy day care cooler must of sprung a leak and what do you know the milk leaked on to the high country carpet and passenger floor mat and the fuck doesn't tell me. The next day we have abnormally hot weather, truck inside temps reach at least 100, I don't open the door until about 4 pm. Guess what my new car smell smelled like?

Best friends:D:D:D

NicPaus

Reaction score
Give it to me and go by another. I hate milk but will deal with it. LOL. Have a great time on Shasta. Been years since I have been there. Need a Nor-Cal trip soon.

G. Faulk

Reaction score
Give it to me and go by another. I hate milk but will deal with it. LOL. Have a great time on Shasta. Been years since I have been there. Need a Nor-Cal trip soon.

My 11 to the 17 is a lot different.

Feel like a sissy saying this but I'm tired of Havasu. That lake Naci trip did me in. Now that Nor Cal has water going to try and get to a lot of their lakes this summer.

Thanks, haven't been in 20 years really looking forward to it. Did a last minute house boat, its the 1990 style type, all I could get. I think all it has is AC and a water slide off the back of it, I'm good with that.:D:D

NicPaus

Reaction score
I hear ya. The heat has gotten to me. Missing Naci weather at night. Debating staying home this weekend and working supposed to be 77. River probably 117 and 100 at night. River neighbors birthday and BBQ competition so most likely make it out.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Duramax 4 wheel drive single wheel log bed? Just got mine, super happy with it. Gobs of power, rides really nice, finally Chevy has made the inside real nice and comfy, and its pretty dam loaded up in the High Country version. I added more factory options which is another thing Chevy has made available and a fairly decent amount.

Here's what I don't get. You spend 70K on a truck which is totally dumb, and on the front end they can't put a grille that protects the small radiator from getting damaged from road debris. I got fucking 276 miles and already there's two areas of fins that have been damaged. Im heading to Shasta from SB this weekend and I can only imagine how much more fin damage there's going to be.

Congrats on the new truck! :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We have the '15 Denali 3500 Dually.
You have more power with the '17 D Max and that's the only significant difference. But more power in what's good already is always a plus.

Ya can't tell you're riding in a diesel.

The seats are a bit to hard but the wife says that's a residual side effect from my chemo. She says they are fine.
I wish the cargo light stayed on in reverse when docking with the fifth wheel at night.
Other than that no bitches and if that's all I have to complain about after 22k miles life is good.

RV dealer talked me into $1000 air bags to tow our 18.000 lb trailer and it really doesn't need that.

Wife being a farm and ranch girl likes the 4WD and the auto locking diff which I think is only avail on the GM trucks or was.

CornWater

Hey Now!!!
Reaction score
I get the truck on Friday, my best bud stops by with his son, my godson, Sunday. He wants to go for a ride, loads up the kid and car seat and off we go. I notice Best Bud brings his Daddy day care cooler, must of thought we'd be gone all afternoon. As I mash the gas to show him how much more power my Chevy has over his crappy ford, the milk in the Daddy day care cooler must of spilt from the power. Then his Daddy day care cooler must of sprung a leak and what do you know the milk leaked on to the high country carpet and passenger floor mat and the fuck doesn't tell me. The next day we have abnormally hot weather, truck inside temps reach at least 100, I don't open the door until about 4 pm. Guess what my new car smell smelled like?

Best friends:D:D:D

What a dick!!! Can't imagine what kind of a hole would do something like that...

[emoji2]

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Change the carpet and anything else jazzed out and don't look back.

Andy01

Reaction score
Funny we just talked about keeping our trucks. I called Jason and talked to him about a new truck.
So your saying it's totally worth it? Sell my 2005 with 90,000 miles and order a new one??
Call if your not busy later today.

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
Funny we just talked about keeping our trucks. I called Jason and talked to him about a new truck.
So your saying it's totally worth it? Sell my 2005 with 90,000 miles and order a new one??

The new truck is totally worth it!

catman

Reaction score

Greg,
I installed a T Rex upper and lower grill on my 2017 Denali.I am sure they make one for a Chevy.

Attachments

• IMG_0266.jpg
    IMG_0266.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0267.jpg
    IMG_0267.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 46

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
My 11 to the 17 is a lot different.

Feel like a sissy saying this but I'm tired of Havasu. That lake Naci trip did me in. Now that Nor Cal has water going to try and get to a lot of their lakes this summer.

Thanks, haven't been in 20 years really looking forward to it. Did a last minute house boat, its the 1990 style type, all I could get. I think all it has is AC and a water slide off the back of it, I'm good with that.:D:D

I went from an '11 to a '15 and the difference is crazy. Great truck...you will love it.

McKay

Reaction score
Greg,
I installed a T Rex upper and lower grill on my 2017 Denali.I am sure they make one for a Chevy.

I have a new Denali we just picked up. Looking to upgrade the grill as after just one washing the stock is a pain to get looking good with all the holes. Did you find that grill online?
Thanks

HitIt

Reaction score
Seems like a good thread to bitch about new gm stuff. Why doesn't a $70k truck come with ventilation for the rear passengers? Seem crazy. I am looking at all of the big 3 right now in 3/4 ton and that is a glaring oversight.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Seems like a good thread to bitch about new gm stuff. Why doesn't a $70k truck come with ventilation for the rear passengers? Seem crazy. I am looking at all of the big 3 right now in 3/4 ton and that is a glaring oversight.

Depends on the interior package.
Air conditioned seats mean no rear seat vents but the ac seats (in our Denali) exhaust cool air out the back of the seat thru a vent on the rear passengers.
Works great.

TOBTEK

Reaction score

I'll give you $5000.00 for your old Clapper. Have to budget in the Re-paint. :eek

And as CRAZY as 70k sounds for a truck, seeing a new Tundra can be 55K or more. ALMOST seems reasonable ????

G. Faulk

Reaction score
I about fell over when the out the door price hit me and it was with $9,600 off. Fucking crazy but I guess it is what it is.

I will look into the grill thanks.

Andy night and day, Power, ride, and inside. Sucks having a truck payment again. Had all my vehicles paid off, not now. Cash out or 2.9%, I took the 2.9%.

All let you know how it tows this weekend. Should be great.

TPC, love the new pic... Em R some Hammers :boobeyes:

Andy01

Reaction score
I'll give you $5000.00 for your old Clapper. Have to budget in the Re-paint. :eek

And as CRAZY as 70k sounds for a truck, seeing a new Tundra can be 55K or more. ALMOST seems reasonable ????

Shit repaint, be about time you had something nice and red. I was really thinking white this time, but I won't. I know I'll order red when I place the order.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
I about fell over when the out the door price hit me and it was with $9,600 off. Fucking crazy but I guess it is what it is.

I will look into the grill thanks.

Andy night and day, Power, ride, and inside. Sucks having a truck payment again. Had all my vehicles paid off, not now. Cash out or 2.9%, I took the 2.9%.

All let you know how it tows this weekend. Should be great.

TPC, love the new pic... Em R some Hammers :boobeyes:

Put a Rigid light bar in there...problem solved...i did that and it works great.

catman

Reaction score

shan

Reaction score
Greg,
My two cents, don't restrict the airflow through the CRFM and CAC. All the aftermarket junk does. There's a reason the grills are are the way they are.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

I hate you. Lol!! Whenever you want to come back up to Naci, let me know. I'm hoping to habe the guest roomready for use in the next couple weeks also.

You towing the Nortec to Shasta?

G. Faulk

Reaction score
I hate you. Lol!! Whenever you want to come back up to Naci, let me know. I'm hoping to habe the guest roomready for use in the next couple weeks also.

You towing the Nortec to Shasta?

That would be awesome. Yes towing the NT, but i just hooked up for the first time and the brake controller won't run my electric over hydraulic brake system on the Myco trailer. If I have to get an aftermarket brake controller installed on this truck and what I paid shits hitting the fan with my dealer tomorrow. :D:D

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
That would be awesome. Yes towing the NT, but i just hooked up for the first time and the brake controller won't run my electric over hydraulic brake system on the Myco trailer. If I have to get an aftermarket brake controller installed on this truck and what I paid shits hitting the fan with my dealer tomorrow. :D:D

Check the fuse.
I just got peddle controller for my 2016 and what a difference it is.

E4L

Reaction score
Chevys are for midgets