WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anybody in line waiting for their NEW Bronco?

PaPaG

Reaction score
I have been doing a little research on the new Bronco's for a while now, I do not like the girly Bronco Sport (maybe cool for the wife but not a vehicle for me), any RDer in line to get the larger Bronco that is supposed to start shipping within a few months?

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
My dad ordered a Bronco Sport Badlands for his wife in April. Delivery is supposed to be November now (was June).

Yoshiro

Reaction score
My boss got in on the first run of 1,500 or whatever it was, as he buys regularly and was "allowed" in the first batch. He's been getting emails periodically about delays in delivery. The latest email said he can expect delivery between July and December (way to pinpoint that Ford). From what he gathered the big delay has been the vendor supplying the hard tops. Also, Ford predicted that most orders would be for lower trim models, and the exact opposite happened so that caused them supply issues too.

Reaction score
my internet search came up with 2, both outer banks trim level, exterior color area 51

update, these are the smaller imitation bronco's

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Neighbor ordered his over a year ago. Still waiting! 😜

hawgty55

Reaction score
Saw my 1st one up here in north Texas.

GOTTBoat

Reaction score
I saw one on the road in Havasu last week, nothing exciting about the exterior and looks small.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I think Ford is doing the full bronco a disservice by producing the bronco sport. I have heard quite a few people talking about how "small, ugly, and stupid" the bronco looks when, in reality, they are talking about the bronco sport.

Bronco Sport
1628090455325.png

Real Bronco
1628090646820.png

84miller

Reaction score
I have seen at least 10 on the road, one parked that I took a walk around. I am very disappointed on just about everything the new Bronco represents. There was all kinds of hype, but I would never buy one. Ford blew it on this model....I would be more interested in the Ranger, which is better priced.

2Driver

Reaction score
My buddy is friends with a Colorado dealer and they ordered theirs together a year ago. Last he heard was late fall.

Theres a big difference in the soccer mom versions you see now and the ones competing with the Rubicon that are on back order

LOL Bronco with Goat-mode with the Sasquatch trim level. Did a 9 year old boy name this vehicle?

WildHorses24

Reaction score
Neighbor ordered his over a year ago. Still waiting! [emoji12]
So did I [emoji6] Not in a hurry, they keep sweetening the deal with more free add-ons. Plus when you reserved one you locked in the price which is 500 over MSRP.. I know guys that already have theirs but it's the base model. I want the 3.5L and painted hardtop and those will be a 2022 model I've been told.. but I got a cool poster in the meantime [emoji57]
20210804_094646.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I have seen at least 10 on the road, one parked that I took a walk around. I am very disappointed on just about everything the new Bronco represents. There was all kinds of hype, but I would never buy one. Ford blew it on this model....I would be more interested in the Ranger, which is better priced.

I think you may be looking at the Bronco Sport that I referenced, I have only seen 1 of the real broncos in the wild and it is the demo vehicle for my local dealership.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Just submitted our order for my wife. I’m guessing if lucky end of 2022. I’m in no hurry so figure might as well get in line.
8CAE1BBA-BA2A-4D9D-A478-078207D2364D.png

PaPaG

Reaction score
Team Ford here in Vegas must have 30 of them on the lot
They have sports not the big one. I checked them out and they were asking 2500-4k over sticker and options, I told them they can keep their trucks...obviously they still have the same amount they had when I looked at them 2 months ago there.

PaPaG

Reaction score
I just read that dealer in Havi has a RED full size not for sale demo model only...gotta call them and see if it is true at least gives us a chance to see one before waiting for them or say ugg not worth it and go buy something else.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
I was reading a review yesterday, and what caught my eye most was the complaints about cheap interior quality. They said all of the plastic interior panels were very thin and didn't expect them to stay rattle free or even in place very long once subjected to fast off-roading. That will be a killer to the success of the project in my opinion.

poncho

Reaction score
I saw one on the road in Havasu last week, nothing exciting about the exterior and looks small.
Now that I know there are 2 models I'm not as grossed out. Wife said last year a new Bronco is coming out and I want to trade my Jeep in for one.
Saw my first one a while back and came home and told her not in my driveway, must have have been the baby one. ;)

Reactions: DWC

Yoshiro

Reaction score
Kind of like that pregnant electric rollerskate they put a Mustang badge on.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
My wife ordered one a few months ago. Well equipped Area 51 color. We have some Ford stock, so could also get X-Plan pricing.

We have a bet on if I will get my Speed UTV or she will get her Bronco first.

WildHorses24

Reaction score
My wife ordered one a few months ago. Well equipped Area 51 color. We have some Ford stock, so could also get X-Plan pricing.

We have a bet on if I will get my Speed UTV or she will get her Bronco first.
What dealership? I get X-Plan as well and was told by Robinson Ford in Costa Mesa Broncos don't qualify?

wash11

Reaction score
First one in Havasu is owned by the wife of the GM at the Kingman Ford store. She just got it a couple days ago. It's the full size, real deal.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
My old man got an email from his AAFES dealer saying they had one available to order. The old lady wants one BAD, but I’m concerned with the delivery timeframe. Maybe in a year or so if they are actually available we will take another look. Considered putting a deposit down when they were released but never did. Still haven’t seen one in person, I hope they are a home run for Ford. The sport is absolute garbage.

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
Had a 75 fav truck I’ve ever owned, huge bronco fan, very disappointed in the new, but should look cute parked at soccer practice, the mall or staters. No straight axle, cute little motor with leaf blowers, way to go Ford! Save the whales!

PaPaG

Reaction score
Always had a thing for all generations of the broncos but cannot seem to warm up to the new girly sport, I have to see the full size one in person to see if meets up to all the hype.

PaPaG

Reaction score
OJ should do the commercials for these
He would try if he could make a dollar out of it and get airtime saying he is innocent...I got his innocence outcome on my plate
20210702_153237.jpg
:

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
These threads keep motivating me to get back on my project. Little by little it's coming together. Almost done with the brake lines, have a new wiring harness sitting there waiting, need to plum the power steering, rebuild the carb, install the old stock gas tank, put the seats in, and get it back out on the road. It will need new drivelines and gears, which will come with ARB's. Still about 30 grand ahead of ordering a new one set up the same.

Little progress.jpg

PaPaG

Reaction score
OK this thing did amazingly well from what I could tell, I wonder how many actual mods over factory he really had in the suspension taking completely away from stock or just mildly...In all honestly I would NEVER take a 50-65k brand new rig through those rocks I would rather take a semi beater but with great components through there and not cry if I possibly smashed it up. Can't wait to see and drive one in person.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I have been doing a little research on the new Bronco's for a while now, I do not like the girly Bronco Sport (maybe cool for the wife but not a vehicle for me), any RDer in line to get the larger Bronco that is supposed to start shipping within a few months?
I just passed one after following for miles Fugly ugly

boatpi

Reaction score
I will bet all are in transit, which is all BS, they are not. Ford has a tracker, I have a Sport on order for teenage daughter, she DOES NOT need a full size, college girl. All waiting for chips, it shows on standby but I should have it by October. It is a mess, all due to lack of chips. Full size are on Ebay for 80-100K, dream on, they will come.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
So did I [emoji6] Not in a hurry, they keep sweetening the deal with more free add-ons. Plus when you reserved one you locked in the price which is 500 over MSRP.. I know guys that already have theirs but it's the base model. I want the 3.5L and painted hardtop and those will be a 2022 model I've been told.. but I got a cool poster in the meantime [emoji57] View attachment 1033532

I'm camping with a guy that said he saw two on a showroom floor the other day.

Forgot what dealership. Text me you really wanna know.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
The Sport model is disappointing from what I have seen of it. If this thing is supposed to out Jeep a Jeep, it looks like too much like an Escape

Reserving judgement on the full size till I can see one in person.

WildHorses24

Reaction score
Theodore Robins in Costa Mesa.

You must have an A,Z or D plan those qualify, just followed up with my contact and was hoping I got bad info… NO x plan for 21 Model year.
A = employees
Z = retired employees
D = dealership