WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anybody in line waiting for their NEW Bronco?

viperized_jr

Reaction score
Upland Ford had an orange 1 @ 5am this morning. When I drove back by around 3 I did not see it.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
You must have an A,Z or D plan those qualify, just followed up with my contact and was hoping I got bad info… NO x plan for 21 Model year.
A = employees
Z = retired employees
D = dealership
We have it in text messages that they will take X-Plan. They even had us forward the PIN to them. Ours will be a 2022 model.

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
I was at the Ford Dealership today and asked for my sales guy whom sold me my first boat but he was out. They had the new full size Bronco on display only so, “not for sale”. I asked all of the sales kooks standing around a few questions about the suspension and roof. They couldn’t answer any of of them. They could only recite the different power plant options. By the time you upgrade to the biggest engine and a few options you will be north of $80K. Not a bad looking 4X4 but I would rather keep my highly modded XJ for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I was at the Ford Dealership today and asked for my sales guy whom sold me my first boat but he was out. They had the new full size Bronco on display only so, “not for sale”. I asked all of the sales kooks standing around a few questions about the suspension and roof. They couldn’t answer any of of them. They could only recite the different power plant options. By the time you upgrade to the biggest engine and a few options you will be north of $80K. Not a bad looking 4X4 but I would rather keep my highly modded XJ for now.

I ordered mine very well equipped and it just broke $60k.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score

I just went into the First Edition and checked every box, 80k plus may be with their dealer markup, but not msrp.

Screenshot_20210811-143804.jpg

Cobalt232

Reaction score
My wife's will be right at 60k. Almost all options including big engine.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Could this truck-let have less interior space in it?! It makes a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (4 door) look huge

My wife's will be right at 60k. Almost all options including big engine.

Fixed it for ya

5jb7pc.jpg

Suzuki did the BIG-tires-wittle-truck better...

H2sf_L0pCRNOwecnuxA0AgkeiDgGUcY7yI2g_FSFLx38cAhMT0UnESpqnltr334BvYlFulOihx9cJyptmR3x0sl5jdBgBayHKUQyvIfah6gB2dHFMCVr

WildHorses24

Reaction score
We have it in text messages that they will take X-Plan. They even had us forward the PIN to them. Ours will be a 2022 model.

Just emailed Mike Mamic over there to double check… earlier in the year he said no XPlan. I just went on our Ford site and only the Bronco Sport is listed under the xplan. I hope they change this for 22 as mine most likely will end up being a 22 model.
image-2021-08-11-15:52:40-208.jpg

Cobalt232

Reaction score
Just emailed Mike Mamic over there to double check… earlier in the year he said no XPlan. I just went on our Ford site and only the Bronco Sport is listed under the xplan. I hope they change this for 22 as mine most likely will end up being a 22 model. View attachment 1036737
I guess we will find out in a few months. It's odd the same dealer is telling us 2 different things. I think my wife ordered in March or April, so I know there are lots in front of us.

I also just saw today a rumor that the production is going to stop or super slow down due to the ongoing hardtop issue.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
I guess we will find out in a few months. It's odd the same dealer is telling us 2 different things. I think my wife ordered in March or April, so I know there are lots in front of us.

I also just saw today a rumor that the production is going to stop or super slow down due to the ongoing hardtop issue.
Did you watch the video above?

WildHorses24

Reaction score

I hope you’re right!!! Wasn’t trying to be a dick just thought it was odd as well. I received an email about the free sound deadening due to the hardtop issue, I’m in no hurry so, free $500 upgrade I guess?!

Edit: just received his response and as usual clear as mud. "If it's available we'll give it to you, we don't know but we're hoping..." I'd take that as a no personally. A family friend is a GM at the Evergreen dealership in WA and he's been telling us no...

Last edited:

PaPaG

Reaction score
I saw this one up in Henderson, did not look to bad if it was the only choice but I still would not buy a sport for myself. I showed the wife the pics and she said NO WAY ARE YOU BUYING ME A SHORT BUS!
20210811_151636.jpg
20210811_151627.jpg
20210811_151659.jpg

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
So, ford stopped production on the Bronco for problems they can't fix???? so what happens to the ones on the road already???? recall them all back???? refund ????

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
It's been mere weeks since the first Ford Bronco deliveries began, and some teething problems have already come to the fore. Owners who took delivery of early build SUVs have already reported issues with the removable hardtop roof, a major part of what makes a Bronco, well, a Bronco.

Now, according to Automotive News, Ford is telling customers it will need to replace the only hardtops that have been delivered so far—after delaying all other hardtop variations. (Those roofs that are painted and included in the dual roof package were already delayed until 2022; soft tops are unaffected.) Worse? Automotive News shared tidbits of a letter Ford sent to customers, including this cringe-worthy passage stating that the automaker "needs to replace all existing molded-in color hardtop roofs before we can make any new hardtop Broncos." That sure sounds like production is about to be delayed even further.

CLICK TO UNMUTE

So, What's The Deal With Those Tops?It was widely reported earlier this year that the Bronco's "Achilles' heel," from a production standpoint, was the hardtop's manufacturer, Webasto, which couldn't make enough units to fill demand. Some owners had their build dates pushed back, others weren't given a new one—all this, mostly due to pandemic-related delays. Then, in mid-June, Ford announced that Bronco production had officially begun.A number of owners who have already taken delivery of their Broncos have started to report build quality-related problems with the hardtop on the enthusiast forum Bronco6G. Some have noticed that the headliner has begun to peel away from the roof itself three weeks after taking delivery, and others have reported strands of fiberglass sticking out of the roof panel and poor finishing on other parts of the top. Keep in mind there is no option for a solid roof on these SUVs, so these removable roof panels are the only way to go (unless you opt for the cloth-clad soft top).

SEE ALL 20 PHOTOSIt's worth mentioning the roof isn't the only pain point with the new Bronco. Some users provided photos near the cargo area of the SUV showing improperly secured panels above the wheel wells, sticking up so far you can see the body of the screws that are supposed to hold them in place. We reached out to Ford regarding the issues and a company spokesperson sent us the following statement:"We continue to build, inspect and ship Bronco two- and four-door models with the molded-in-color hardtop. We are focused on delivering the highest quality 4x4 vehicle to our customers. Customers should contact their dealer if they have questions or concerns about their vehicle. "This quality problem might be disappointing for some, but here's the rub: It's still early days for Bronco production, and problems like this aren't uncommon for new cars in general early in their production run. Of course, quality issues with a new vehicle as eagerly anticipated as the Ford Bronco will be more widely reported than others. Ford is certainly aware of the issue, too, and the hope is that as the company gets a handle on Bronco manufacturing, the quality of the roofs and other parts of its new SUV only gets better.

From Bad News To Worse NewsNevertheless, if you're waiting on a first-year Bronco and aren't a First Edition reservation holder nor have you received a production schedule for your 4x4, Ford is saying you won't get a 2021 model at all. Instead, you'll be booted to the 2022 model year—though a Ford spokesperson shared on Twitter that the company would honor 2021 prices for those customers impacted by the switch all the way through the 2023 model year. That the company is honoring first-year prices through the 2023 model year is not exactly comforting news for any would-be Bronco customer lacking a build date for their shiny new ride ... and it's even worse news for anyone thinking about waltzing into a Ford dealer anytime soon hoping to drive away in a new Bronco.This story was originally published July 20, 2021, and has since been updated to reflect the spiraling hardtop situation and Ford's insistence that it replace all existing hardtops.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
With my current health issues I decided not to buy at this time and flipped the "reservation" to a friend who will buy it for his son graduating from medical school.
When the dealer printer the sales order it had fewer options than I had first ordered and the price also was $3K higher.
So now adding the original equipment I ordered would add another $8K to the vehicle cost for a net gain $11K to the MSRP over the original quoted price.

Shenanigans.
I'm glad I opted out.