WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anybody know if.....

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
the hot spring pools are still behind Echo Lodge or Big Bend? Back in the late 60's we used to hike up behind one of these places to some hot mineral pools. Actually we "made" the pools by stacking rocks up around where the water came up. I heard "rumors" that the authorities were gonna blow them up because of all the trouble they caused with all us "hippie" types that went back there then. I got drafted in 67 out in 69 and had'nt really been back to the river till my kids got back into the boating lifestyle. Now that I sit here thinking about those day's, I wonder........... could these pools have been a figment of my imagination? we were listening to "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds" ..... A LOT :rolleyes:

R

Retired Member

Yes the waterfalls are still behind Echo. The water that runs down from there is what has created the "upper" sandbar. They did close them in the mid 80's, but we still trespass a couple times a year and take the golf carts up there.

D

Deleted Account

I got the Thing stuck in the sand, and towed out by a jeep, through the barb wire fence... Nothing but net.:D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Got any pics of these hotsprings H20 or RiverKid? I'd like to see them?

I remember once when I was a kid, I rode with some guy in a jeep for what seemed like forever. He took us out into the middle of the desert to some water falls. I'm wondering if these are the same ones?

RD

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score

I remember once when I was a kid, I rode with some guy in a jeep for what seemed like forever. He took us out into the middle of the desert to some water falls. I'm wondering if these are the same ones?

RD

Damn child molesters....:eek:

R

Retired Member

RD

Bob might, but I don't. Most of the time we end up out there after 2am when the bar at Echo closes/kicks us out. We swim for a while then head back, the dust turns us into dirt clods, so then we have to go swim in the riverwhen we get back. Usually not worried about a camera, just make sure to have cocktails and beer with us.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

RD

I've got some pictures of the little falls and swimming hole you're thinking of. It's a little further south from Echo. I think it created from a break in an aqeduct, but I'm not 100% on that. It's got about a 10-15 foot jump down to the pool. Anywho...I'll scan the pictures and post them up tomorrow.

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
I've got some pictures of the little falls and swimming hole you're thinking of. It's a little further south from Echo. I think it created from a break in an aqeduct, but I'm not 100% on that. It's got about a 10-15 foot jump down to the pool. Anywho...I'll scan the pictures and post them up tomorrow.
Did you ever find those pics? Me & mine are going over to the Cali side of the river next week, gonna try to find the place.