WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anybody need an old Hot Boat article or picture scanned?

707dog

Reaction score
got any of the old magazines with hallett 240 articles?? ill take them

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
I have the scanned articles already, but if you have spare jan and April 2000 copies I'll buy em. :)

Enen

Reaction score
I'd like the issue that featured my boat. I'll have to find the month, it was 2007

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I'd like the issue that featured my boat. I'll have to find the month, it was 2007

Ok, I do have duplicates of all of 2007.

I need April 2002 "Arizona Powerquest" with the cleanest possible scan of the photo that
crosses pages 28 and 29.

Jerry Steele
[email protected]

Working on that next. I'll try and stitch the pages together.

Anything on the HTM SS?

I'm sure there is, but I'm not going on a blind search. That could take hours.

Do you go back to 1974?

Yes.

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
Ok, I do have duplicates of all of 2007.

Working on that next. I'll try and stitch the pages together.

I'm sure there is, but I'm not going on a blind search. That could take hours.

Yes.

Found this don't know if it helps

Image1462742234.685096.jpg

XClutchboy725

Reaction score
Do you have November-December 2003? The "Dads Boat" article is my boat!

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
Do you have any issues where I wrote the High Performance and or V-drive Tech columns in them ?

I started the hi perf and V-drive columns for Hot Boat after Kevin Spaice walked up to a group of us talking at a Puddingstone IHBA race . The group asked why the magazine covered jets drives and outboards, but not V-drives and high performance engines . One of the guys in the group volunteered my name, and I was elected .

I wrote a few months of them, and was ahead one or two issues when one printed magazine had changed my words . They changed the whole point and direction of the article, infact they gave wrong information . They changed my words to something about "gearing down a hydro to go drag racing", when infact my original words were nothing like that . I called them, told them what had happened, they didn't care, I never sent anything again .

Anyway, Thanks in advance if you can send me copies or PM me about an Email, George

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Do you have November-December 2003? The "Dads Boat" article is my boat!

Yes, I'll scan when I get home from grabbing dinner.

Do you have any issues where I wrote the High Performance and or V-drive Tech columns in them ?

I started the hi perf and V-drive columns for Hot Boat after Kevin Spaice walked up to a group of us talking at a Puddingstone IHBA race . The group asked why the magazine covered jets drives and outboards, but not V-drives and high performance engines . One of the guys in the group volunteered my name, and I was elected .

I wrote a few months of them, and was ahead one or two issues when one printed magazine had changed my words . They changed the whole point and direction of the article, infact they gave wrong information . They changed my words to something about "gearing down a hydro to go drag racing", when infact my original words were nothing like that . I called them, told them what had happened, they didn't care, I never sent anything again .

Anyway, Thanks in advance if you can send me copies or PM me about an Email, George

Any idea what year/s?

brgrcru

Reaction score
I know, I am in a big boat world here. But the California performance one, with 3 of them on the cover. would be greatly appreciated, by us small boat guys.

AzGeo

Reaction score
1990 - 1992 ? It's been a while . Thanks

River Dan

Reaction score
I do not have a date for the article. Boat was a featured build. 1974 24' Campbell cuddly cabin with two blown BBC inline, freight trained. The boat was all yellow from I can tell. I would like to see a picture of and know if it was named. I know that is not much to go on, but I have looked everywhere for it and have not come up with one. Thank you.
Someone told me it had Yosemite Sam painted on the side of it.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Was it Hot Boat or Powerboats that did a write-up of Danny's DCM?
Would be cool to have a copy of that...

707dog

Reaction score
not sure on the first year of the 240 but i personally never seen one older than 1988 for sale, i have a 89 240, if you come across one let me know and ill DM you my email

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
1990 - 1992 ? It's been a while . Thanks

Looking through a handful of random issues from 88, 89, and a bunch from 90-94 there's no v-drive tech section. It starts in 95 with Jim Wilkes and all through 95 and into 96. I spent a good while looking George. You need to help me help you with dates it just takes too long to search blindly (and often with no results). Are you sure it was v-drive tech and not called something different? Could it have been into 96?

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I know, I am in a big boat world here. But the California performance one, with 3 of them on the cover. would be greatly appreciated, by us small boat guys.

What month what year?

AzGeo

Reaction score
No, it was back in the very early 90's/91/92 . Maybe 1989/late . It was called High Performance, and it was also called V-drive Tech . I think there were only 3 - 5 issues, that's all I wrote . Thanks again ...

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I do not have a date for the article. Boat was a featured build. 1974 24' Campbell cuddly cabin with two blown BBC inline, freight trained. The boat was all yellow from I can tell. I would like to see a picture of and know if it was named. I know that is not much to go on, but I have looked everywhere for it and have not come up with one. Thank you.
Someone told me it had Yosemite Sam painted on the side of it.

At a risk of spending a ton of time looking for that I'm gonna pass. I will however allow you to swing by sometime and have a go at it. I'm in Fontana. :thumbsup

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
No, it was back in the very early 90's/91/92 . Maybe 1989/late . It was called High Performance, and it was also called V-drive Tech . I think there were only 3 - 5 issues, that's all I wrote . Thanks again ...

Let me check the "high Performance" column.

SLOPOKE

Reaction score
I've been trying to find a copy of Hotboat may 1997 XIX interested in the article on the warlock with twin OB.

I would really appreciate it,

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score

Pay dirt.:thumbsup

August '92

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Would you be interested in selling this issue? I'd actually be interested in all the HTM issues listed if you had them.

The reason I pulled them all out is I'm getting ready to list all of my duplicates on ebay. There's a few I have in triple...

They're worth about 6-10 bucks each on ebay plus shipping.

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
The reason I pulled them all out is I'm getting ready to list all of my duplicates on ebay. There's a few I have in triple...

They're worth about 6-10 bucks each on ebay plus shipping.

I'm interested in the ones listed for on that page for HTM. I can take a ride to Fontana let me know which ones you have? I can even pay for Fedex.

wrighton

Reaction score
Thank you for this offering, I am looking for sept 83. Performance Review of a Rush Performance 21, I will be checking eBay to see if you have a copy as well.

mlt

Reaction score
I have been looking for a back issue for a while...but the article would work great if you have it, I own the 2001 sst Stoker used in the article but don't have the magazine....any help would be great...thx Larry...I believe the cover page was a 34 DCB pictured at night with flames! vcx.jpg

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I have been looking for a back issue for a while...but the article would work great if you have it, I own the 2001 sst Stoker used in the article but don't have the magazine....any help would be great...thx Larry...I believe the cover page was a 34 DCB pictured at night with flames! View attachment 483388

Got it. In fact that's an issue I have 2 of.

I'll start on it now.

Reactions: mlt

max930

Reaction score
I have most of the Hot Boats. A few years ago, I gave one to someone. His boat was in the readers boat section. He lost his copy. Gave him mine. Anyway, I really like the review of one boat in that copy. It was a sick boat back then. It was nice to give up the magazine. But man I miss checking out the pictures of that boat. 2003 Cigarette Gladiator lip ship edition. It was sometime back in 02 to 04.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Thank you for this offering, I am looking for sept 83. Performance Review of a Rush Performance 21, I will be checking eBay to see if you have a copy as well.

I only have 1 of this issue. It won't be for sale.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
not sure on the first year of the 240 but i personally never seen one older than 1988 for sale, i have a 89 240, if you come across one let me know and ill DM you my email

Alright dog I'll give you 20 min. Looking now.

AzGeo

Reaction score
That's more than I ever found........

brgrcru

Reaction score
I know, I am in a big boat world here. But the California performance one, with 3 of them on the cover. would be greatly appreciated, by us small boat guys.[/QUOTE