WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anybody Use Dr. Squatch Soaps?

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I kept seeing the ads for this stuff pop up here and there so I checked it out. The sell a "natural" soap without all the harsh chemicals that dry out and irritate your skin, it looked intriguing so I ordered a couple bars of soap and deodorant. Wow! This stuff really smells good, the Pine Tar scented bar has some pieces of oatmeal and fine grit sand in it to exfoliate your skin. It sounds weird, but it pretty cool unless you've got some itchy bug bites on your legs and it'll make you want to scratch them raw. The deodorant smells good too and stops sweating also without aluminum-chlorhydrate - no funky chemicals, it's all natural. I've ordered some shampoo and beard oil too. I can't wait to try those out. I did find a 20% off coupon online for your first order: SQUATCH20 Dr. Squatch

I was using some other man care products called Bravo Sierra Bravo Sierra that sends back 5% of all sales back to the military, their products are not supposed to have any harsh chemicals, but their deodorant stung and their bar soap smelled like an old box of crayons. I did write to them to let them know and they offered me a refund or another product, they seem to be a stand-up outfit. They have only one scent for both the liquid body soap and the original body spray. They now have new scents for the body spray that I haven't tried yet. I really prefer the Dr. Squatch stuff.

Neither of these products is cheap, but hey, if you can spend $5 a day on coffee, this shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Hammer

Reaction score
I kept seeing the ads for this stuff pop up here and there so I checked it out. The sell a "natural" soap without all the harsh chemicals that dry out and irritate your skin, it looked intriguing so I ordered a couple bars of soap and deodorant. Wow! This stuff really smells good, the Pine Tar scented bar has some pieces of oatmeal and fine grit sand in it to exfoliate your skin. It sounds weird, but it pretty cool unless you've got some itchy bug bites on your legs and it'll make you want to scratch them raw. The deodorant smells good too and stops sweating also without aluminum-chlorhydrate - no funky chemicals, it's all natural. I've ordered some shampoo and beard oil too. I can't wait to try those out. I did find a 20% off coupon online for your first order: SQUATCH20 Dr. Squatch

I was using some other man care products called Bravo Sierra Bravo Sierra that sends back 5% of all sales back to the military, their products are not supposed to have any harsh chemicals, but their deodorant stung and their bar soap smelled like an old box of crayons. I did write to them to let them know and they offered me a refund or another product, they seem to be a stand-up outfit. They have only one scent for both the liquid body soap and the original body spray. They now have new scents for the body spray that I haven't tried yet. I really prefer the Dr. Squatch stuff.

Neither of these products is cheap, but hey, if you can spend $5 a day on coffee, this shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Just started using the Dr. Squach a little over a week ago. I like it. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tireman

Reaction score
BEEN USING for a while......honestly i dont even need deodorant anymore...im really happy with it. use shampoo too like that also

Taboma

Reaction score
Several years ago I tried Tom's Natural Deodorant. I figured, stop with the harsh chemicals, aluminum oxides, whatever, all natural has got to be a better choice --- DAMN was I wrong. 😲
Within a couple of days both my arm pits were bright red, swollen and covered in water blisters. I had skin peeling off my pits like sheets of paper, I was freaking out.
The itching was horrible and non-stop, it hurt and itched at the same time, my pits were wet from the blisters breaking. It was a nightmare.
Bactine eased the pain and itching, but when it didn't improve I finally I saw a dermatologist. He advised I stop everything, put nothing on it, that I was now feeding a chain reaction. So I stopped everything but occasionally splashing cold water on it, which seemed to sooth it for a few mintues.

I took plenty of pictures, I sent them, along with a picture of their product, to Tom's, thinking maybe they had some advise and at least making them aware.
They responded sorry about that, and no lie, sent me a coupon for a free tube of the same fucking shit.

Pretty obvious, something " Natural " in their product, like maybe the Poison Oak ( 🙄) I'm obviously allergic too. Searching it now on the net, seems plenty of others are as well.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
you shouldn't use soap any where but under arms and between legs... scrub with a micro fiber, and use the wet micro fiber to dry...never use a dry towel...

kurtis500

Reaction score
gonna order a bar right now and see. Any luck with the shampoo?

Nordie

Reaction score
I used the Dr Squatch, I liked it. My wife ordered me another brand and I like it a little more, I wanna say Duke Cannon or something like that.

There's a knockoff of Squatch on Amazon, "36 something" stay away, the bars absolutely do not last at all. The Dr. Squatch and the Duke Cannon actually last.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Still love me some Irish spring liquid ,,, The Older I get the less I like strong smells like cologne and perfume , years ago I would douse myself in Brut or Trouble , no mas !

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I never would have thought that one of the first things Ritchy would be tasked with when he returns would be to establish the official River Dave’s health and beauty section.
That being said, I had some minor skin rashes and my dermatologist suggested that I use Head&Shoulders as a body wash (the zinc in it is very healing) and it works like a charm,

Yldboyz

Reaction score
My son gave me some for Christmas last year, It's not bad. I thing it's over priced though.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
you shouldn't use soap any where but under arms and between legs... scrub with a micro fiber, and use the wet micro fiber to dry...never use a dry towel...
I'll bite. What is the logic here? Me picturing you with super clean arm pits and arms, hands, feet covered with years of dirt, engine oil, muffler soot, and construction dust. 😂

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Jeezus, are we talking about skin care products now? :D
This whole crew is getting old, which is good, because I'm studying up and getting the pointers from the old dudes here.

But what the hell, let's talk underwear. Duluth Trading Buck Naked underwear is the SHIT! Got rid of all the cotton stuff. Go with the sweat wicking and room for the package.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Do you guys use Massengill too? Nothing but Irish Spring here.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
7D0B9099-A6B3-44F2-BA53-B3C75D5E2216.jpeg

badgas

Reaction score
I have only been on RDP for a year and think this is the first hygine thread I have come across : )

I have seen the ads and was going to try the deodorant. I have used the right guard can for like 40 years. Can't use any roll on or feels like someone burned my pits with a torch.

Does the stuff have a strong scent ? I hate strong smelling deodorant or soaps.

torter

Reaction score
Overrated and expensive.

I only bought it because the ad was funny and talked a good game, and it's half way used already after 2 weeks. Also got the shampoo, conditioner and cologne, all of which I regret. I got the bourbon beachwood cologne and I can't say that it was that misleading, but you expect a cologne to smell good. Everyone I asked preferred my old cologne. The shampoo and conditioner are okay but just not worth it.

I get pissed off every time I get ads from them on YouTube now. You got my money already, just go away lol.