WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone been to Big Bear Lake recently?

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Curious about the water level.... Are the docks in Boulder bay floating?

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I was last out 3 weeks ago...... buddy's home sits on Boulder Bay and his dock is floating. However I will say he's a bit disappointed he can't get his new 24' toon back there at his dock safely due to a sandbar he sees folks getting a little hung up on near the mouth. Frankly if it were me I'd power the toon through in order to have it at dock but he's new to boating and just being conservative. Hope that helps.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I was last out 3 weeks ago...... buddy's home sits on Boulder Bay and his dock is floating. However I will say he's a bit disappointed he can't get his new 24' toon back there at his dock safely due to a sandbar he sees folks getting a little hung up on near the mouth. Frankly if it were me I'd power the toon through in order to have it at dock but he's new to boating and just being conservative. Hope that helps.

This is exactly what I was looking for Thanks!

branier

Reaction score
We were up there 2 weeks ago, our friend has a house in Boulder Bay but its not on the water with its own dock. We walked down to the marina, talked to the employee there because she was looking at buying a pontoon that was for sale with a slip. He said he has not seen the water level this low in years and expects it drop another 4 feet over the summer. He also said that they had plans this winter to put in more 24' docks for larger boats, but with the water level the way it is they decided to wait. I saw that the boulder bay houses closest to the main road, their docks were not floating and sitting on dry land.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
We were up there 2 weeks ago, our friend has a house in Boulder Bay but its not on the water with its own dock. We walked down to the marina, talked to the employee there because she was looking at buying a pontoon that was for sale with a slip. He said he has not seen the water level this low in years and expects it drop another 4 feet over the summer. He also said that they had plans this winter to put in more 24' docks for larger boats, but with the water level the way it is they decided to wait. I saw that the boulder bay houses closest to the main road, their docks were not floating and sitting on dry land.

Thanks. We are looking at renting a house with a dock and were looking at boulder bay. Looks like we are shifting to the main part of the lake...

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Those docks closest to the main road havent seen water in the last 10 years now....if not longer lol.
Id hate to own a million dollar water front property without water lol

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Those docks closest to the main road havent seen water in the last 10 years now....if not longer lol.
Id hate to own a million dollar water front property without water lol

Well look on the bright side, that can never happen in Havasu :)

Jimmyv

Reaction score
Down 13 feet from full right now. Boulder bay has some water, but not enough I’d try to float my boat through. Sandbar or not, that area is often very overgrown with lake weeds. You know the lakes low when you can walk out to Boulder bay island! (You can’t right now).

Last time Big Bear Lake was “full” was 2008.

For reference,
May 2020 down 9’6”
2019 9’4”
2018 15’
2017 11’7”
2016 13’5”
2015 11’4”

If you don’t find a place with a dock, just rent a slip at the closest marina. Not the same as having the boat in your backyard, but everything’s very chill up there.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Extra: My friend did have issues last summer with all the lake grass getting sucked up into his seadoos as he'd return to dock in Boulder bay.