WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

anyone car shopping???

nameisbond

Reaction score

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
I'd stay away from a cross-fire unless YOU know how to work on them!!! The 87' has a Doug Nash tranny in it and those weren't the most sought after tranny's being a manual with a weird gear box bolted on the rear of the tranny.

Last edited:

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Not sure if i would consider that 1984. It was kind of the dog year of the new style
I have a 1976. Not exactly a collectors car either. Had a recent change in garage space and had an offer from a friend to buy it.
Had it for over 20 years now and couldn't do it
Fun car
20180429_113200_HDR1 by 185 EZ, on Flickr

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
Feel like I’m always shopping. Right now, new f150, being patient to find a nice C10 truck, id like to find a white on black 2003 BMW 540i sport. ( one of beemers best cars ever made and that is the best year imo) id like to find my wife an 70-80’s SL Benz.

707dog

Reaction score
always shopping but more in the classic car era... i did have a 86 iroc with the crossfire 5.7 and man that mofo either ran killer or i was chasing gremlins just depending on which day of the week it was and smogging the shit was a nightmare, traded it for a 81 2wd blazer

RodnJen

Reaction score
I don’t buy new things often, especially cars and I always drive the practical choice for the household.

Since we both have SUV’s, I would like a fun car. I Really like the idea of a second gen 997. I’m not there yet, but it’s the only car we both agree on for a third car.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Just bought daughter a honda accord. Like it so much we ate thinkin about a second one for momma. But she likes the cadillac too. Trying to figure it out

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
I don’t buy new things often, especially cars and I always drive the practical choice for the household.

Since we both have SUV’s, I would like a fun car. I Really like the idea of a second gen 997. I’m not there yet, but it’s the only car we both agree on for a third car.
These days I’d only buy new.
I’m trying real hard to get a couple more years out of the 330i. 220,000 miles still looks and runs great.
I sure don’t want a $1,000 car payment but after driving the ultimate driving machine for the last 14 years I’m not gonna settle for a Camry.

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
I really wanted the new Corvette Grand Sport but they are out of my range, so I am considering getting my second choice of a Challenger 392 Scat Pack with the Shaker hood probably within the next few weeks. I have been shopping for a little while and I think I found the one I want.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We're waiting for the higher performance version of the Mid engine C8.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
We also have a White on white convertible Caddy that another customer wants to sell. 62. Unmolested. Very clean!

nameisbond

Reaction score
I'd stay away from a cross-fire unless YOU know how to work on them!!! The 87' has a Doug Nash tranny in it and those weren't the most sought after tranny's being a manual with a weird gear box bolted on the rear of the tranny.

I know both are undesirable in the Vette world. Hence they are so cheap to buy in great shape. The 84 also only has 205hp...….. I just want the looks, so might even pick up an 84...… Looking at my example as soon as I can. Have a good mechanic, so the nicknamed cease fire injection doesn't scare me.

nameisbond

Reaction score
Not sure if i would consider that 1984. It was kind of the dog year of the new style
I have a 1976. Not exactly a collectors car either. Had a recent change in garage space and had an offer from a friend to buy it.
Had it for over 20 years now and couldn't do it
Fun car
20180429_113200_HDR1 by 185 EZ, on Flickr

I like the looks of the C3 the best...…. Might pick one up one day too.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I'm not looking to buy now, but I would like to get a mid 2000's Vette Z06 to use as a track car. However, the new vette's are pretty darn amazing, but I just can't spend that type of money. Just test driving the new cars is a pretty fun event with how far technology has taken them.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I'm not looking to buy now, but I would like to get a mid 2000's Vette Z06 to use as a track car. However, the new vette's are pretty darn amazing, but I just can't spend that type of money. Just test driving the new cars is a pretty fun event with how far technology has taken them.

Dont bother with a C5 z06 If you are going to track the car. Buy a 99+ C5 for much cheaper (~$15K) and you can cheaply modify it past the abilities of the c5 Z06 and be money ahead.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Feel like I’m always shopping. Right now, new f150, being patient to find a nice C10 truck, id like to find a white on black 2003 BMW 540i sport. ( one of beemers best cars ever made and that is the best year imo) id like to find my wife an 70-80’s SL Benz.
The 5 series cars were always my favorites to drive, sizewise and overall usefulness. Last one I drove before selling my dealership was an 08 550

Last edited:

bocco

Reaction score
Now that we talking about it I've been thinking seriously about a Grand Cherokee. Any hookups on the site?

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Getting tired of constantly waiting for people in my vanpool and considering driving myself in again. So, thinking of getting a Lexus CT200H F-Sport for my commute.

I think the CT200H looks much better than a Prius although the Prius does get better mpg.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
I know both are undesirable in the Vette world. Hence they are so cheap to buy in great shape. The 84 also only has 205hp...….. I just want the looks, so might even pick up an 84...… Looking at my example as soon as I can. Have a good mechanic, so the nicknamed cease fire injection doesn't scare me.
The 83’s were the best looking and running corvettes ever made hands down. Dont settle for any other year. They are all junk

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
What do you want?

I want another C4 Corvette because miss mine. I sold it in 1992. The guy I sold it too still has it today, but won't sell it back. I'm mostly looking local, include Seattle in that search. Lots around for cheap. Two examples:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/d/1984-corvetteoriginal-miles/6667382017.html

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/ctd/d/1987-chevrolet-corvette-coupe/6675908504.html

Never! I still use my '02 7.3L Excursion for towing everything. And have my first car still for my fun. Excursion has 210K miles on it and still going strong, getting ready to throw a new tranny under her tho, nothing wrong with the tranny but my torque converter has been acting up on me and I figure while I have it off, might as well....

In all honesty tho, I do need a pickup for work. Man would I love to get my hands on a 4door 7.3L brick nose...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I’ve been looking at the prices on the 2017 Focus RS & 2018 Focus ST’s for awhile now & will continue browsing the various sites to see where the prices on between now & the new year. I’m in no rush, however if I see a White or Grey Focus RS local to me & priced right, I’ll go take a look & test drive both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go drive the Honda Si and get back to me. I'm thinking that would be the perfect car for you.

nameisbond

Reaction score
Well the Vette plan might be on hold...… I found a good deal on a Porsche 944 turbo. Its almost too good to pass up.

richp5

Reaction score
try again

upload_2018-8-29_16-5-50.png

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
for a toy car? i usually troll craigslist and facebook marketplace for broken cars that are easy to fix. trying to find a 300c srt8, crew cab dually, s500 mercedes, etc... just keep refreshing until something pops up. I got the wife's single owner mini cooper for 2k that way.

rvrrun

Reaction score
Only vette I'd like is a bitchen two toned C1.
I know of a black ‘57 that may be for sale soon. It was restored by an NCRS judge and his wife and has been out of sight for a couple decades. I give it a once over every few years for the widowed owner and I think she may be ready to part ways with it.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
After seeing Riverbound’s thread I’m really trying to get my fiance into the biggest thing I can. Looks like I’m maxed out at a new RDX, which is better than her altima coupe.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
After seeing Riverbound’s thread I’m really trying to get my fiance into the biggest thing I can. Looks like I’m maxed out at a new RDX, which is better than her altima coupe.

Have you considered CPO used?
Often better warranty than new [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Have you considered CPO used?
Often better warranty than new [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Not really. It’s not a $ thing, she just hates driving “large” vehicles. I’m usually pretty leary about 2nd hand things anyways because I don’t think people take care of their cars like I do.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Not really. It’s not a $ thing, she just hates driving “large” vehicles. I’m usually pretty leary about 2nd hand things anyways because I don’t think people take care of their cars like I do.

There was a high speed chase through la earlier this week. I am pretty impressed with the gmc accadia that guy was driving...

nameisbond

Reaction score
I decided to hold off until spring. I want a low miles, near mint C3 or 4 Vette and non fit the bill now. I'm also going for an ultrasound today, scared of cancer has me realize I haven't fucked enough young hot models. So might spend all my money on hookers!

Reactions: TPC

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I decided to hold off until spring. I want a low miles, near mint C3 or 4 Vette and non fit the bill now. I'm also going for an ultrasound today, scared of cancer has me realize I haven't fucked enough young hot models. So might spend all my money on hookers!

Sold the Zo6 when I got my Big C diagnosis.
4 years C free so I’ll treat myself to a new mid engine C8 when they roll out the HP version.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I haven't fucked enough young hot models. So might spend all my money on hookers!
Bildoe highly recommended Big Helen at Sherry’s Cherry Patch Ranch.
A good place to start achieving your RDP Dickman Status.
Bi-Lesbians, porcupine condoms it’s all there.

530RL

Reaction score
The 83’s were the best looking and running corvettes ever made hands down. Dont settle for any other year. They are all junk

Well played.

Given there is only one, it might just be one of the most valuable.........

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I just made an offer on a 2018 GT350 R. Have to give up my 911 though. Hmmmm

Please post your thoughts on it if you get it! I would love to hear your review as that's one of my favorite current cars for sure.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I'm ordering a 10 speed S550 PP1 in probably march....I think the performance/luxary are pretty hard to beat and as a chevy guy I like the mustang a ton more than the new camaro.

Nice!!!! I am looking at a 2015 to 2017 as I like the hood profile more than the new one. Only option I want is the Performance Pack. I would like to build a daily drive-able track car. My parents got a 2017 white with only the track pack and I absolutely love it.

If I don't buy a Mustang, we will just continue to live with one car and buy a new Raptor. I am struggling to spend 60k plus on that truck though. Not sure if the fun is worth the price.

Last edited:

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Nice!!!! I am looking at a 2015 to 2017 as I like the hood profile more than the new one. Only option I want is the Performance Pack. I would like to build a daily drive-able track car. My parents got a 2017 white with only the track pack and I absolutely love it.

If I don't buy a Mustang, we will just continue to live with one car and buy a new Raptor. I am struggling to spend 60k plus on that truck though. Not sure if the fun is worth the price.

The pre 18 manuals are preferred If it wasn't for the new 10 speed auto I probably wouldn't buy one to be honest...lol

The 10 speed makes the car punch way above it's weight class and the 3rd gen coyote is better all around.