WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

ANYONE ELSE NOTICE A SHORTAGE OF COORS LIGHT???

Starloans

Reaction score
I know I drink too much, so there's THAT, but here in Vegas, hard to find bottles and 12 packs. I usually pick up a 12 occasionally (using occasionally loosely) at the AMPM which usually has 12 for $8.99 but there is none at any price except suitcases for $20......MAYBE.

Store says they order it but don't get it. 😫

I usually go out on Sunday night to the local pub and there is no CL draft. 😭

DO I NEED TO SOUND GENERAL QUARTERS??? WTF????

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well if anyone needs any we are pretty stocked up over here.. lol

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
I have noticed in havasu it can be hard to get at times, since around May. But I have always found it.
In the OC I have never had a problem.... but large bottle of Jack Daniels... that is hit and miss here in OC ... available in havasu at $20 bucks more per bottle.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
People heard about the "not a party" over at RDs, panicked, and then there was a run on coors light.

Itll be months before its available again as many people are filling their carts with it when they see it on the shelf.

cofooter

Reaction score
Like the great TP shortage of 2020 - people are hoarding.......

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
I didnt belive my wife yesterday when she told me vons only had tall cans and 6 packs. This was in orange county.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have noticed in havasu it can be hard to get at times, since around May. But I have always found it.
In the OC I have never had a problem.... but large bottle of Jack Daniels... that is hit and miss here in OC ... available in havasu at $20 bucks more per bottle.

it’s no secret I go through a ton of beer over here.. lol. I have never had a problem or even heard of a coorslight shortage over here?

Rotten deal

Reaction score
There was none just before Labor Day up in NorCal. I’ve heard it has to do with no material for cans. ??

renodaytona

Reaction score
There was none just before Labor Day up in NorCal. I’ve heard it has to do with no material for cans. ??

My wife heard that as well, she went to get me a 6 pack of coke for rum and cokes and they only had 2 liters. They said aluminum shortage for cans, pretty hard to believe.

Bails

Reaction score
it’s no secret I go through a ton of beer over here.. lol. I have never had a problem or even heard of a coorslight shortage over here?
The Lake Havasu Walmart was sold out last Saturday night, I was trying to reload before I left on sunday morning.

Now that I'm thinking about it, it was two weeks ago.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
I switched to Keystone , just as good and cheaper

Attachments

• keystone.jpg
    keystone.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 134

81Sprint

Reaction score
I know I drink too much, so there's THAT, but here in Vegas, hard to find bottles and 12 packs. I usually pick up a 12 occasionally (using occasionally loosely) at the AMPM which usually has 12 for $8.99 but there is none at any price except suitcases for $20......MAYBE.

Store says they order it but don't get it. 😫

I usually go out on Sunday night to the local pub and there is no CL draft. 😭

DO I NEED TO SOUND GENERAL QUARTERS??? WTF????

I went to Lee's liquor a week ago, the big one on blue diamond, and they had none. I asked one of the guys and he said they had been out for awhile. Crazy

DWC

Reaction score
Heard they can’t get cans. Bud has their can production. Coors buys from someone.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
You need a subscription to read the whole thing but you won't need it to see the reasons (lots more drinking must be a part of this pandemic)...

Cobalt232

Reaction score
You need a subscription to read the whole thing but you won't need it to see the reasons (lots more drinking must be a part of this pandemic)...

Coronavirus Is Causing a Can Shortage
The pandemic has accelerated demand for food and drink cans, a trend can makers are betting will last amid sustainability concerns

im-223198

Aluminum drinking cans have been taking market share from glass and plastic bottles.
PHOTO: MICHAEL SHORT/BLOOMBERG NEWS
By
Saabira Chaudhuri
Aug. 25, 2020 8:03 am ET

• SAVE

• PRINT

• TEXT

Listen to this article
6 minutes

00:00 / 05:40

Demand for cans is booming during the coronavirus pandemic, propelling can makers to boost manufacturing capacity to prevent shortages and capitalize on a trend they bet will stick.
As bars and restaurants closed across the U.S., consumers rushed to buy large packs of drinks—typically sold in cans—in supermarkets, say executives. Sales of canned food also jumped.
That is accelerating a continuing shift in favor of aluminum drinking cans, which were already taking share from glass and plastic bottles. Manufacturers attribute their growing popularity to cans being lighter and more robust than glass, and having higher recycling rates than glass and plastic. The growing popularity of hard seltzers, usually packaged in cans, has been another factor.
Miller Lite owner Molson Coors Beverage Co. TAP.A -4.60% last month said it had lost market share in the U.S., partly because it had to suspend production of some canned beers. It said it was struggling to find enough tall cans for Coors Light and expects shortages of 12-ounce cans to persist in the third quarter.

“Every company that makes anything in the 12-ounce can has been challenged to some degree by the global can shortage,”’ said Chief Executive Gavin Hattersley on an investor call. He flagged demand in the U.S. as being especially strong after restaurants and bars closed. “Demand for kegs in the U.S. went to zero and conversely demand for cans went through the roof.”

Coca-Cola Co. said products like Minute Maid Zero Sugar Lemonade, Cherry Coke Zero and Pibb Extra may be difficult to find in cans because of tight supplies. A spokeswoman said the company had added capacity but “demand is so high it’s still outpacing supply at times.”
U.S. retail sales of aluminum drink cans, which make up nearly all cans for drinks, rocketed nearly 24% by volume in March, according to research firm IRI, and have continued to grow strongly since.
Cans’ share of the U.S. beer and hard-seltzer market rose from 60% to 67% in the first quarter, according to the National Beer Wholesalers Association, and remained elevated at 65% in the second quarter even as some bars and restaurants reopened.
“Demand is just kind of crazy,” said Kathleen Pitre, chief commercial and sustainability officer at Ball Corp. , the world’s largest maker of aluminum drink cans. Demand has risen sharply not only for standard 12-ounce cans but also tall, sleek cans used for drinks like hard seltzer, she said in an interview.
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS
Are you using more cans lately? Are you concerned about a shortage? Join the conversation below.
Ball plans to begin running two new production lines in the coming weeks in Fort Worth, Texas, and Rome, Ga., both of which have capacity to make a billion cans a year. Despite this, the company estimates it will still import two billion cans this year to meet demand in North America, from places like Europe, India and Brazil.

im-223202

Some companies are betting higher demand is here to stay for canned drinks as well as canned food.
PHOTO: MARIO TAMA/GETTY IMAGES
Crown Holdings Inc., CCK 2.52% another big U.S. can maker, said it was initially able to meet surging North American demand by importing cans from Latin America, where demand slumped after Covid-19 hit. But now demand is rising there too, and while Crown is accelerating investments in two U.S. can lines, it expects a shortfall.
“From now until the end of the year, and in almost every market where we produce, cans will be in short supply,” Crown CEO Timothy Donahue told investors last month. “We do not have the ability to make up months of demand in a shorter time period,” he added.
Outside the U.S., demand has varied. Sales of canned drinks in Southern Europe have dropped because of fewer tourists but jumped in Germany and the U.K., driven by purchases of beer in supermarkets.
Not all companies are struggling with shortages. Budweiser brewer Anheuser Busch InBev SA said it anticipated the can shortage after Covid-19 hit. “We have been preparing for a can uptick for quite some time,” Chief Executive Carlos Brito said.
Sam Adams owner Boston Beer Co. SAM 0.29% also says it has been largely shielded by building up inventory for Truly Hard Seltzer and Twisted Tea, although those stockpiles are now running low.
RELATED

Some companies are betting higher demand is here to stay, for canned drinks but also canned food. Previously falling out of favor, canned food sales soared 23.5% in the six months to June, according to research firm Nielsen.
Ball plans to open two new plants in the U.S. next year, while Boston Beer aims to double its canning capacity over the next 12 months. Overall, the Can Manufacturers Institute, a trade body, says U.S. manufacturers expect to have new capacity to produce 12 billion more cans by the end of next year.

“We definitely do not view all of this as one-off,” said Anthony Allott, CEO of Silgan SLGN 1.54% Holdings Inc.—the U.S.’s largest maker of metal food cans—after the company reported a 15% jump in second-quarter volumes at its metal-container arm last month.
Mr. Allott said on an investor call that Silgan was now “spending more on marketing the value of the can,” which he said has long been the cheapest and most sustainable way to sell some foods.
“What our European food customers believe is that there’s a more permanent return to eating food cans at home because of the pandemic,” said Crown’s Mr. Donahue. “I think we’re going to see more of that in North America as well.”

Icky

Reaction score
Coronavirus Is Causing a Can Shortage
The pandemic has accelerated demand for food and drink cans, a trend can makers are betting will last amid sustainability concerns

im-223198

Aluminum drinking cans have been taking market share from glass and plastic bottles.
PHOTO: MICHAEL SHORT/BLOOMBERG NEWS
By
Saabira Chaudhuri
Aug. 25, 2020 8:03 am ET

• SAVE

• PRINT

• TEXT

Listen to this article
6 minutes

00:00 / 05:40

Demand for cans is booming during the coronavirus pandemic, propelling can makers to boost manufacturing capacity to prevent shortages and capitalize on a trend they bet will stick.
As bars and restaurants closed across the U.S., consumers rushed to buy large packs of drinks—typically sold in cans—in supermarkets, say executives. Sales of canned food also jumped.
That is accelerating a continuing shift in favor of aluminum drinking cans, which were already taking share from glass and plastic bottles. Manufacturers attribute their growing popularity to cans being lighter and more robust than glass, and having higher recycling rates than glass and plastic. The growing popularity of hard seltzers, usually packaged in cans, has been another factor.
Miller Lite owner Molson Coors Beverage Co. TAP.A -4.60% last month said it had lost market share in the U.S., partly because it had to suspend production of some canned beers. It said it was struggling to find enough tall cans for Coors Light and expects shortages of 12-ounce cans to persist in the third quarter.

“Every company that makes anything in the 12-ounce can has been challenged to some degree by the global can shortage,”’ said Chief Executive Gavin Hattersley on an investor call. He flagged demand in the U.S. as being especially strong after restaurants and bars closed. “Demand for kegs in the U.S. went to zero and conversely demand for cans went through the roof.”

Coca-Cola Co. said products like Minute Maid Zero Sugar Lemonade, Cherry Coke Zero and Pibb Extra may be difficult to find in cans because of tight supplies. A spokeswoman said the company had added capacity but “demand is so high it’s still outpacing supply at times.”
U.S. retail sales of aluminum drink cans, which make up nearly all cans for drinks, rocketed nearly 24% by volume in March, according to research firm IRI, and have continued to grow strongly since.
Cans’ share of the U.S. beer and hard-seltzer market rose from 60% to 67% in the first quarter, according to the National Beer Wholesalers Association, and remained elevated at 65% in the second quarter even as some bars and restaurants reopened.
“Demand is just kind of crazy,” said Kathleen Pitre, chief commercial and sustainability officer at Ball Corp. , the world’s largest maker of aluminum drink cans. Demand has risen sharply not only for standard 12-ounce cans but also tall, sleek cans used for drinks like hard seltzer, she said in an interview.
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS
Are you using more cans lately? Are you concerned about a shortage? Join the conversation below.
Ball plans to begin running two new production lines in the coming weeks in Fort Worth, Texas, and Rome, Ga., both of which have capacity to make a billion cans a year. Despite this, the company estimates it will still import two billion cans this year to meet demand in North America, from places like Europe, India and Brazil.

im-223202

Some companies are betting higher demand is here to stay for canned drinks as well as canned food.
PHOTO: MARIO TAMA/GETTY IMAGES
Crown Holdings Inc., CCK 2.52% another big U.S. can maker, said it was initially able to meet surging North American demand by importing cans from Latin America, where demand slumped after Covid-19 hit. But now demand is rising there too, and while Crown is accelerating investments in two U.S. can lines, it expects a shortfall.
“From now until the end of the year, and in almost every market where we produce, cans will be in short supply,” Crown CEO Timothy Donahue told investors last month. “We do not have the ability to make up months of demand in a shorter time period,” he added.
Outside the U.S., demand has varied. Sales of canned drinks in Southern Europe have dropped because of fewer tourists but jumped in Germany and the U.K., driven by purchases of beer in supermarkets.
Not all companies are struggling with shortages. Budweiser brewer Anheuser Busch InBev SA said it anticipated the can shortage after Covid-19 hit. “We have been preparing for a can uptick for quite some time,” Chief Executive Carlos Brito said.
Sam Adams owner Boston Beer Co. SAM 0.29% also says it has been largely shielded by building up inventory for Truly Hard Seltzer and Twisted Tea, although those stockpiles are now running low.
RELATED

Some companies are betting higher demand is here to stay, for canned drinks but also canned food. Previously falling out of favor, canned food sales soared 23.5% in the six months to June, according to research firm Nielsen.
Ball plans to open two new plants in the U.S. next year, while Boston Beer aims to double its canning capacity over the next 12 months. Overall, the Can Manufacturers Institute, a trade body, says U.S. manufacturers expect to have new capacity to produce 12 billion more cans by the end of next year.

“We definitely do not view all of this as one-off,” said Anthony Allott, CEO of Silgan SLGN 1.54% Holdings Inc.—the U.S.’s largest maker of metal food cans—after the company reported a 15% jump in second-quarter volumes at its metal-container arm last month.
Mr. Allott said on an investor call that Silgan was now “spending more on marketing the value of the can,” which he said has long been the cheapest and most sustainable way to sell some foods.
“What our European food customers believe is that there’s a more permanent return to eating food cans at home because of the pandemic,” said Crown’s Mr. Donahue. “I think we’re going to see more of that in North America as well.”
This

Some of the brands are going to be hard to find as manufacturers will keep their core brands in supply. Also, with more and more people switching to the sleek can, like white claw, more lines will need to be installed to keep up with demand.

MisplacedSooner

Reaction score
My local Kansas liquor store is having a hard time getting them. I drive four miles to Missouri and they always have it. Go figure.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Circle K in Parker had a good stock on Friday!!!!!

nameisbond

Reaction score
Here (Canada), manufacturers are cutting back production on their less popular products because of the aluminum shortage. I'm on a diet and not drinking any alcohol, but noticed my diet drinks are in short supply.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
No shortage of good beer (microbrew) here in Texas. But I’ve noticed 30-packs of name your piss beer are rare here and Coors Banquet is difficult to find in 12-oz cans (16-oz tall cans are the norm).

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Yeah, my buddy showed up from Vegas the past two weekends with only a 12 pack and drank all my shit. Fucker...

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
In my "delerium" at Stanford post Aorta operation I "demanded" a Coors lite beer , they succumbed and brought me a semi cold Sierra Nevada.... Holy F*ck I couldnt gag it down ...

even funnier , It (the beer) was actually prescribed by the hospital Pharmacist

Last edited:

TeamGreene

Reaction score
I enjoy a Landshark Lager now and then but it's vanished around here in the high desert.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
This was back in April in a Walmart. America has spoken. LOL

20200318_110120.jpg

Sent From Tapatalk

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200728-091111_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20200728-091111_Google.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 119

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
The girl next door ask me to pick up some CL for her but they were out. I got this instead.

20201006_130529.jpg

If this don't get me laid there's no hope for me now. I just hope I can finish before she pukes ...all I need it thee minutes. 😁

charlyox

Reaction score
No shortage at the WALMART in Ft. Mohave.
F1C88299-9278-4CC3-A481-DB4AD91CAE19.jpeg

cofooter

Reaction score
Walmart Parker checking in! Arguably the Coors Light consumption capital of the universe. Every time I put a dent in it, they re-stock - lol.
20201006_123531.jpg