WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone else taking Zetia for high cholesterol?

Mikes56

Reaction score
I was prescribed it for my high cholesterol (260), over a year ago. I’ve been feeling like dogshit for a long time and never put two and two together. I thought it was sleep apnea, got a Cpap machine , didn’t help. Taking vitamins, didn’t help. Sleeping with earplugs, still wake up feeling like shit. 10 days ago I looked up the side effects of Zetia, yea I’ve got 5 of the side effects. Tired feeling, depressed mood, and numbness and tingling. Why the fuck would the Doctor give me shit like that? I’m so pissed right now. I also stopped taking it 10 days ago and am in a much better mood.

Havasujaws

Reaction score
I was prescribed it for my high cholesterol (260), over a year ago. I’ve been feeling like dogshit for a long time and never put two and two together. I thought it was sleep apnea, got a Cpap machine , didn’t help. Taking vitamins, didn’t help. Sleeping with earplugs, still wake up feeling like shit. 10 days ago I looked up the side effects of Zetia, yea I’ve got 5 of the side effects. Tired feeling, depressed mood, and numbness and tingling. Why the fuck would the Doctor give me shit like that? I’m so pissed right now. I also stopped taking it 10 days ago and am in a much better mood.
I have been taking crestor for years after having problems with lipitor. No problems and dropped my numbers from 260 to 100. Also changed diet and exercise.

4Waters

Reaction score
You need to tell your Dr. about these side effects, he will prescribe the medicine but he won't know about any side effects unless you tell him, most won't have any. I'm sure he will change it up just don't look up side effects of the new medication for a couple of weeks and then see if you have any.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
I can't tolerate any statin drugs. Makes me feel like I have the flu. Big problem is rabdomylis with my muscles. Doctor has me on Niacin, Lovaza ( omega 3 oils ) and fenobibrate. Keeps my numbers in check and no statin side effects.

Mikes56

Reaction score
I can't tolerate any statin drugs. Makes me feel like I have the flu. Big problem is rabdomylis with my muscles. Doctor has me on Niacin, Lovaza ( omega 3 oils ) and fenobibrate. Keeps my numbers in check and no statin side effects.
I’ve felt like I’ve had the flu for 10 years. That’s actually my description of how I feel when the doctor asks. Before Zetia, I was taking Cholestoff.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
I was put on Zocor aka Simvastin 3 years ago was at 250, now 130s.
No side affects that I noticed other than I’m 3 years older.

DarkJuJu

Reaction score
I was taking lipitor for a couple of years, it made my joints and shoulders hurt so bad I stopped taking it.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Been taking rosuvastatin(Crestor) 5mg for about 5 years, went from around 210 down to around 130. Don't seem to have anymore pain than normal, do take CoQ10 which is usually recommended with a statin, but not sure it's really necessary.

amaritbennett

Banned
Reaction score
Hi! I'm new to this forum, and I came across this thread and wanted to chime in. I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so crappy due to the Zetia! That sounds like a real bummer. I'm also on the same med - I've been taking it since I've got atorvastatin coupon 2023, and it's been helping to manage my cholesterol. I haven't experienced any of the side effects you mentioned, which is great! But, if you're still feeling bad, it might be worth speaking to your doctor about it. Hope you're feeling better now! I hope that the medication I take now will also help me live a better life.

Last edited:

boatnam2

Reaction score
I take Crestor, my numbers are good but heart Dr said easier to take a pill than change the plumbing, after seeing my buddy do 2 open hearts surgery's with another 5-6 stints, i agree with him.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
My Dr called last week. Told me I need to go on medication for cholesterol. Told him nope.

My grandma made it to 93 with high cholesterol.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
If you don’t want to go on a statin then just add a fish oil pill to your daily routine. One pill twice a day. It does help. Diet and exercise help most but are the hardest to change.

I wouldn’t quit a statin cold Turkey because of the side effects. Tell your doctor and come up with a plan to come off of it. Or start something else. There are a lot of options out there.

Personally I’m on fenofibric acid (Trilipix) for my version of bad cholesterol (triglycerides mainly).