WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone ever notice the “Sleeping Indian”

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
During your visits to Havasu, have you ever noticed the Sleeping Indian?

IMG_0809.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taboma

Reaction score
So in the years there I'd never heard about the "Legend" or noticed it -- well I'll be keeping an eye out around sundown now --- awesome !!

Taboma

Reaction score
Just south of Bunghole rock correct?

I haven't a clue where bunghole rock is, but according to the Legend of the Sleeping Indian, it's across from Steamboat. I've never seen it, or at least knew it had a name and a legend. Usually that time of the evening (Claims it's best viewed at sundown or early evening) I'm nosing back up the lake headed in and occupied driving.

92 cole

Reaction score
when I used to ski in Jackson whole wyoming there was a section of mountains right across the river that was known as and looked like a sleeping indian complete with headress you could only see from the chair lift if you looked over you're shoulder.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I haven't a clue where bunghole rock is, but according to the Legend of the Sleeping Indian, it's across from Steamboat. I've never seen it, or at least knew it had a name and a legend. Usually that time of the evening (Claims it's best viewed at sundown or early evening) I'm nosing back up the lake headed in and occupied driving.
Bunghole rock is in the no wake section of the gorge, many names for it, looks like a butthole, a very large one.

Taboma

Reaction score
Bunghole rock is in the no wake section of the gorge, many names for it, looks like a butthole, a very large one.

having never heard the legend despite being a Havasu regular for 26 years and even in the mid 70's, I cheated and looked it up thanks to this thread --- here's what I found.
Now I can't wait to go by there and impress the hell out of my wife, you guys sure make me look smart. 👍 😁

Now I'm going to run up river, which I rarely do since it's turned into the 405 at rush hour, just to check out the damned butthole or bunghole rock. I'm sure I've seen it, just didn't realize it had a name, does it have a legend as well ?? 😁

Sleeping Indian.JPG

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
Heck yeah , I know that Indian well, growing up had a place at Havasu Palms, saw that Indian alot.Pretty damn sure I've left some teenage DNA up in them hills:)

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I live on a street named "Mummy View". First bought the house, asked around why. Wondered if we had some odd Egyptian stuff going on. Well, same kind of deal. When you head east on the road, the profile of a sarcophagus forms from the silohuettes of Mingus and Woodschute mountains.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
you must not have seen the China Buffet thread
Where is this thread. Someone said it was in the article section but f me if I can find it. :) it like Indiana Jones. I keep choosing unwisely.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
A friend of mine is a great painter and she paints landscapes....if you tilt your head just right you can see beautiful mountains and hills....if you look 'em normal you see a hottie with the most excellent tits laying on her back with one leg bent up just so...

Nice Injun.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Where is this thread. Someone said it was in the article section but f me if I can find it. :) it like Indiana Jones. I keep choosing unwisely.

Post 166
Hehehe😂

Rayson1971

Reaction score
Pretty cool. Kinda like Katherine at Katherines landing.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Are you sure that indian is not passed out? The rocks, not the Parker Indian outside the liquor store

havasuhusker

Reaction score
I love how these threads can go off the rails in an instant! I've never heard of this rock feature before but will now be looking for it. Probably best to see it in the AM when it has the morning wood as depicted in @floatn turd 's picture.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I love how these threads can go off the rails in an instant! I've never heard of this rock feature before but will now be looking for it. Probably best to see it in the AM when it has the morning wood as depicted in @floatn turd 's picture.

I actually find it best to see it at sunset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taboma

Reaction score
Hell I just learned in this thread, after 26 years, that there's vantage point turn-outs off of 95 coming into Havasu from the south. 😂 Hell, I just thought those were offroad vehicle trailer parking areas. :rolleyes:

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Is he still there? ( sorry for the use of pronouns in advance) 😜

6010B0B1-D0E6-4EE4-A7AA-AB33B6DB6793.jpeg

77charger

Reaction score
I found this one at powell years ago from the side it resembles a screaming indian i have more pics but on a disc somewhere

Attachments

• lake powell 2012 056.JPG
    lake powell 2012 056.JPG
    402.4 KB · Views: 44
  • lake powell 2012 115.JPG
    lake powell 2012 115.JPG
    470.4 KB · Views: 43

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
I live on a street named "Mummy View". First bought the house, asked around why. Wondered if we had some odd Egyptian stuff going on. Well, same kind of deal. When you head east on the road, the profile of a sarcophagus forms from the silohuettes of Mingus and Woodschute mountains.
What!? No way! I gotta check that out now!