WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone ever used Skips Prop shop in LHC?

trooper_666

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has used Skips Props in LHC and what was there thoughts about it?
Is there another shop that can go pull the prop off my boat in Campbell Storage clean it up and replace it??
I have a 24 Campbell with a vdrive that needs the prop cleaned up. I might buy a extra stainless one as well.

Thanks

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has used Skips Props in LHC and what was there thoughts about it?
Is there another shop that can go pull the prop off my boat in Campbell Storage clean it up and replace it??
I have a 24 Campbell with a vdrive that needs the prop cleaned up. I might buy a extra stainless one as well.

Thanks
Guarantee a bunch of us have.

Used him last year to repair mine, came out looking brand new, and about half the price of a new prop. They took care of me for sure.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Quick story from last year.

Rolled up to pick up my prop. A truck comes up after me boat in tow, several guys in the bed.

Thanks
Found the after pic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190519-075838_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20190519-075838_Drive.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 298

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Yes sir. I have used them twice. Once for a set of Volvo Penta props that I had bent up and they did a great job. They just cleaned up my current prop and had it done in a couple days. They do nice work and very inexpensive

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
If I have them go get my prop off my boat in storage how do I get the ticket??

Knowing Skip and how they operate I think that might not be something they would do. Ask an inmate to go take it off and drop it off for you.

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
My family and I have used him forever. Cant go wrong. He has been also able to work and repair Hydromotive props that most shops will not touch.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
I bought a set of spare props last year for my VP. I didn't get the warm fuzzies when I asked him for a box to put my 1k worth of props in on the way to Powell, but whatever. Will buy from and use again. The office girl was super nice.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Used Skip’s for prop and toon tube repair.
On time and great work for me.

Reactions: TPC

Dbroncos

Reaction score
Skip's just welded one of my playcraft toons that was leaking. great service and reasonable price...

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
There is almost no way Skip is going to your storage and fetching your prop. My boy - when he was 3 or 4 called him Cranky Skip @ his shop. I think that is the first time I saw him smile.
Lol. Kinda old school. You get away with being cranky to the customers because you do good work with good prices.

Reactions: SJP

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Was that the end of your quick story above --- truck rolls up behind you with guys in the bed ?? Is there a punch line or ?
Oh lol. I was writing that earlier and got busy.

To continue. I was working with the girl at the counter the driver of the truck is behind me and we a glass bottle break outside. We all go out and this douche drunk dude threw a beer bottle right in their driveway. She lost it on him "I know you didn't just break a bottle in my drive way, your cleaning that up ass hole" he tried to deny it but then tried to apologise and she wasn't having it. She went and got the broom and dustpan handed to him and made him sweep up ever piece of glass while she supervised. She apologized to me for making me wait, and I said no worries it was well worth it lol.

She don't take shit from anyone lol.

Taboma

Reaction score
Oh lol. I was writing that earlier and got busy.

To continue. I was working with the girl at the counter the driver of the truck is behind me and we a glass bottle break outside. We all go out and this douche drunk dude threw a beer bottle right in their driveway. She lost it on him "I know you didn't just break a bottle in my drive way, your cleaning that up ass hole" he tried to deny it but then tried to apologise and she wasn't having it. She went and got the broom and dustpan handed to him and made him sweep up ever piece of glass while she supervised. She apologized to me for making me wait, and I said no worries it was well worth it lol.

She don't take shit from anyone lol.

Oh good, I was afraid I'd let one go right over my head 😁

cxr

Reaction score
Lol i just came to reply Skip is really cool does good work, But a little ornery :)or matter of factly.

he welded something for me, i asked was it going to hold.. and his reply until it breaks again :)

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
When you pickup your prop make sure to tell the girls you lost your ticket. It's rather amusing. When it starts to get uncomfortable let them know your joking.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
My outboard guru got wind they had a prop over there that I wanted. I called and locked up the prop until I could go pick it up. They finished it like new and I was absolutely happy with their service.

Sleek Chode

Reaction score

Thanks
Hell yes I have, he specializes in Campbell setups. He did a prop for my 25‘ Sleek v-drive last summer, 14x14 super cup. Best prop I’ve had yet and no vibration. You wont go wrong seeing him.

sintax

Reaction score
Hell yes I have, he specializes in Campbell setups. He did a prop for my 25‘ Sleek v-drive last summer, 14x14 super cup. Best prop I’ve had yet and no vibration. You wont go wrong seeing him.

14x14 is a serious prop, what sort of mill you got turning that sucker?

LibertyProps

Reaction score
If I have them go get my prop off my boat in storage how do I get the ticket??
Hey, Bud. We have good news for you. We do in fact pick up props! So long as they are local. There is an additional $25 fee each way. As for that handy dandy ticket, if we are picking up and dropping off the prop, you don't need one. If you are picking up, We will give you a ticket number while setting up the pick up. No worries there.

There is almost no way Skip is going to your storage and fetching your prop. My boy - when he was 3 or 4 called him Cranky Skip @ his shop. I think that is the first time I saw him smile.
Skip has been retired for a few years now. His son, Richard runs it and is not nearly as grumpy. ;) and we do pick ups!

can he get a small dent out of toon tube ?

Almost certainly. We would have to see it in person to see the damage. But we do, in fact, do dent removals.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Hey, Bud. We have good news for you. We do in fact pick up props! So long as they are local. There is an additional $25 fee each way. As for that handy dandy ticket, if we are picking up and dropping off the prop, you don't need one. If you are picking up, We will give you a ticket number while setting up the pick up. No worries there.

Skip has been retired for a few years now. His son, Richard runs it and is not nearly as grumpy. ;) and we do pick ups!

Almost certainly. We would have to see it in person to see the damage. But we do, in fact, do dent removals.

And here I thought the experience was gonna be about as much fun as getting tires changed at Deb’s in Parker...lol. Guess since the old man is gone...maybe not

Tpltrbl303

Reaction score
All the time, unfortunately. I just picked up a set of props I mangled on Saturday and they were perfect. Always happy with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk