WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone ever watch The Wiz?

Tank

Reaction score
Always loved that movie. Used to watch it all the time when I was a kid. Matter of fact we saw it in theatres.

It was on the other night I recorded it.

It’s wizard of oz with a black flair. Diana Ross is Dorothy. Michael Jackson is the scare crow. Nipsy Russell tin man Richard Pryor is the wiz. Great movie. If you want to trip out, by an old late 70’s flick, check it out. Entertaining for sure. Good soundtrack too.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I remember the first time I saw it as a TV special. It's now one we have on DVD for our kids. We actually have a few "musicals", ranging from "The Wizard of Oz" to "Moulin Rouge". Try to broaden their horizons.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I saw it when I was a kid, but haven't seen it since. The only thing I remember is the flying monkeys cruising on motorcycles.

Tank

Reaction score
I saw it when I was a kid, but haven't seen it since. The only thing I remember is the flying monkeys cruising on motorcycles.
Yeah, there's all types of funky shit. The cabs that don't have drivers, the pillars in the subway that come alive and chase them. The graffiti that comes alive. Trippy movie. After posting this thread, I actually did a little reading up on it. It was based off the early 70's play. It was a commercial and critical flop. Lost a shit load of money. But like many movies, it became a cult classic. It can be a bit cheesy but I dig watching it from time to time. I remembers about 15 years ago I rented it at blockbuster because my wife had never seen or even heard of it. I take it to her parents house and watch it. They were like "WTF is this shit!?" LOL

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Sounds entertaining, I'll try....

Hard to watch remakes of pretty much anything when I grew up with the OG..

OZ, Thomas Crown Affair, True Grit, House on Haunted Hill, Flight of the Phoenix, etc.... Takes me back to my childhood

West Side Story is my all time fav.....My daughter is now obsessed with it as well..

Now there's a remake of WSS but I know it just won't sit right with me...

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Never watched the wiz but I’ve taken a wiz.