WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone go to bar trivia nights?

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I am having writers block right now, the season is starting up again where I host some trivia nights, and am looking for new categories to create questions from outside of tv, movie, us and world history, the regular stuff. That can be the meat and potatoes of a good night of questions, but a category of, say, real celebrity names (Mark Sinclair Vincent = Vin Diesel), or fictional mailing addresses, 221 B Baker Street = Sherlock Holmes, etc, if anyone has been to trivia nights and remembers fun categories, I could appreciate suggestions. Hard part is doing something that covers all ages and types of people, not something specific like "air entrapment hulls of the early 2000's" like I could do on here :) Thanks again for any inputs, I really need to start going to other nights and see what other bars are doing more often.

rvrrun

Reaction score
This won't be any help at all, but 221 b is not a fictional address. Only the character.

thedan

Reaction score
I used to go to Lamppost pizza in Corona and playing the ntn.com trivia on the digital playmakers. They are closed, but opening again in a few months. A new game/type of game every 30 or 60 minutes. You should be able to come up with some good ideas if you play a few rounds at a place that has ntn. Some of the games would give you information on the #1 album of the year, the biggest news story, and the #1 movie, and you would have to guess the year. Loved playing it.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I'm really not sure. My mom, myself, and brothers did one a few years ago at a local bar in Burbank and we cleaned up! They had to cut us off cause we were winning too many free drinks and we're hammered. And STILL answering questions right. It was awesome.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
I come to RDP for that kind of entertainment ........

Hullbilly

Reaction score
I am having writers block right now, the season is starting up again where I host some trivia nights, and am looking for new categories to create questions from outside of tv, movie, us and world history, the regular stuff. That can be the meat and potatoes of a good night of questions, but a category of, say, real celebrity names (Mark Sinclair Vincent = Vin Diesel), or fictional mailing addresses, 221 B Baker Street = Sherlock Holmes, etc, if anyone has been to trivia nights and remembers fun categories, I could appreciate suggestions. Hard part is doing something that covers all ages and types of people, not something specific like "air entrapment hulls of the early 2000's" like I could do on here :) Thanks again for any inputs, I really need to start going to other nights and see what other bars are doing more often.

I never heard of this till fairly recently. My cousin whom I have not seen or talked to in a while "for fun" travels the US doing this with a team of fellow nerds( I say this jokingly) from Penn State. He has a PhD in molecular medicine/pathology so he is far smarter than this redneck.....but anyway he's been on jeopardy and who wants to be a millionaire and said that his obsession with useless facts started with bar trivia while at Penn. :thumbsup

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
This won't be any help at all, but 221 b is not a fictional address. Only the character.

At the time of the character's creation and original literature, it was, the street only went in the hundreds, now though, yes, numbers go past the 200's, leaving 221 in the middle of a building. But yes, you get the idea :thumbsup