WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone have a 2.0T JL / JLU Wrangler?

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
My wife loves her jeep, but with the miles she's driving i'm thinking of getting her a new JLU. Looking at the 2.0T motor, tempted by that city MPG rating (she drives alot of city, averaging 12 in town now).

Anyone have one? How long, and have you had any issues? How does it feel compared to the 3.6?

Meaney77

Reaction score
Thought you were downsizing to move out to the 805!!

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Honestly I don't think you will see much of a difference between the 3.6 and 2.0T real world.

I do think the JL will get better MPG due to the 8 speed. I also think it as unlocking hubs in the front now?

I did some research and asked around and most everyone still likes the 3.6.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Yeah if she has a lead-foot in the city, the 2.0T is gonna suck just as much fuel as the V6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
In typical Fiat/Chrysler fashion it is probably the smaller the engine the worse the fuel economy will be.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Just a heads up, Huntington Beach Jeep is blowing out 2019. Literally, they have 4 door Rubicon's for $40k

Reactions: DWC

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Just a heads up, Huntington Beach Jeep is blowing out 2019. Literally, they have 4 door Rubicon's for $40k
I saw those. In typical girl fashion, she has to have it all white with body color fenders and hard top. Found one for 44k, basically a Rubicon Sahara, but it has the 2.0T. I wouldn't consider the 2.0T normally but this one seems like a decent deal and figured if it got better MPG it might be doable

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You trying to do this to save money? I’d argue even if the price of the Jeep was a wash with your trade, just the $4k you will have to put up for the sales tax makes it a money losing proposition over the life of the vehicle.

But if you just want a new Jeep, have at it.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I saw those. In typical girl fashion, she has to have it all white with body color fenders and hard top. Found one for 44k, basically a Rubicon Sahara, but it has the 2.0T. I wouldn't consider the 2.0T normally but this one seems like a decent deal and figured if it got better MPG it might be doable

I did my own research as I want one, but it doesn't work for my taxes. My research showed that the 2.0 was really good if you intend on putting 35 inch tires on it. I didn't hear of any negative feedback, but did hear a lot of banter from the 3.6 diehards. The starting battery (similiar to the big Prius battery) will be pricey when it needs to be replaced.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
You trying to do this to save money? I’d argue even if the price of the Jeep was a wash with your trade, just the $4k you will have to put up for the sales tax makes it a money losing proposition over the life of the vehicle.

But if you just want a new Jeep, have at it.
No, not to save money. But if i'm replacing a jeep with 94k on the clock with a brand new one, and the payment is $100 more, and the gas savings is $100 per month......catch my drift? Plus you get a smoother ride, more power, 8 speed trans, backup camera, electronic swaybar disconnects (we do use it offroad in the winter), lockers, etc etc etc.

Buying a new car is never gonna save you money, i know that

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
No, not to save money. But if i'm replacing a jeep with 94k on the clock with a brand new one, and the payment is $100 more, and the gas savings is $100 per month......catch my drift? Plus you get a smoother ride, more power, 8 speed trans, backup camera, electronic swaybar disconnects (we do use it offroad in the winter), lockers, etc etc etc.

Buying a new car is never gonna save you money, i know that

I feel you dawg. Solid thinking.

The turbo mpg will be underwhelming in city driving.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
What are you planning on towing with it? Do you really need an 8spd transmission?

2Driver

Reaction score
Modern Diesel isnt the machine for a lot of city driving. It will become a soot machine from what I understand.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Modern Diesel isnt the machine for a lot of city driving. It will become a soot machine from what I understand.
I wouldn't mess with the 3.0 diesel, if I got a new jeep it would be the 3.6 or the 2.0T gas motors

boatpi

Reaction score
I think HB has the 6 banger at 8-9G off.

Dr Rob

Reaction score
I wouldn't mess with the 3.0 diesel, if I got a new jeep it would be the 3.6 or the 2.0T gas motors
I had to take my 3.6 in for some warranty work to the dealer in Flagstaff. They gave me a brand new sport with the new 2.0 Turbo and the 8-speed trans. I did not know it was the turbo, and called the dealer to find out why this Jeep runs so much harder than mine. The hills were effortless with minimal downshifting. I had the Jeep for 4 days and burned 1/4 tank of fuel. I was definitely pleasantly surprised.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
The pentastar V6 needs to rev to make power.

A 2.0T will make power just-off idle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Joe mama

Reaction score
Was looking at a 2.0 turbo and took it for a test drive. I don’t know much about the 3.6 and was wondering if resale would suck on the 2.0.
Also I test drove the the 2 door and thought that a 4 door may be a dog. Shit idk was looking for my daughter.