WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone have a contact at Browning Dodge?

mbrown2

Reaction score
Looking at a vehicle... Just wondering if there is someone over there I should be dealing with versus coming in cold via the internet or door?

attitude

Reaction score
Looking at a vehicle... Just wondering if there is someone over there I should be dealing with versus coming in cold via the internet or door?
In my experience there I would stay far away, doesn’t matter if it’s sales or service.

ssc

Reaction score
I have purchased many cars. I have had good, great and bad experiences. However, the absolute worst, by far experience I ever had at a car dealership was at Browning Dodge. I consider them to be disgusting slime bags and I am being kind.

Cheers, Steve

mbrown2

Reaction score
wow...crazy. Not looking to get service there...just looking at a vehicle there. Won't expect much.

D19

Reaction score
My FIL just took his RAM there last week for an oil leak under warranty. They had it a few days, blamed it on the oil filter, changed the o ring on the filter then told him to pick it up. They next morning there was oil on his driveway. It's going to a different dealer.

lf2

Reaction score
I tried buying a Ram there a few years ago. They use what they call a “Closer” to deal with the numbers (this guy goes back and forth to the manager not the salesman) he played all the tricks and tried to screw me over big time. I walked and bought elsewhere.
I then used then one time for an oil change on a sat. Dropped truck off in the morning service writer called me in afternoon saying truck was done but failed to mention they closed earlier than their receipts say so when i showed up a half later truck was locked in the back and no one around that could get my keys so had to wait until monday morning to get my truck. Will never use them again for anything.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
I got my cclb from browning. They “sold” the truck I wanted. Orig said it was in storage lot and I’d have next day.
Next day they call and said truck was sold because I didn’t wait that night before.
I got the GM to handle, all through text. When that wasn’t the norm in 2016. Got more truck for same price and they dropped it off at my house. So that part worked out good with them
Service, been fucked many times by browning. One time they rotated tires. Didn’t tighten lugs, and as they drove it up front for me the front wheel fell off and dude drove it another 15ft or so dragging pushing the front end.
Took them a week to rebuild my front end, and they thought a couple free oil changes was fair for my inconvenience. Plus they didn’t put any of the work in dodges system to avoid warranty issues later.

Moss bros San Berdoo for the win

WildWilly

Reaction score
Unfortunately I'm in the concensus here, avoid them, both service and sales.

mbrown2

Reaction score
I called them....was looking at Gladiator/Diesel maybe thinking of getting one and getting rid of my JL...I said I could get 8-5% off invoice at a competing dealer as well as being a member of tread lightly... They said they can't deal on the jeep cause it will move quick as they are close to the mountains where people use them.... It took all my patience to stop from laughing.....

WildWilly

Reaction score
I called them....was looking at Gladiator/Diesel maybe thinking of getting one and getting rid of my JL...I said I could get 8-5% off invoice at a competing dealer as well as being a member of tread lightly... They said they can't deal on the jeep cause it will move quick as they are close to the mountains where people use them.... It took all my patience to stop from laughing.....

well at least it appears they are staying consistent in their service

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
I have purchased many cars. I have had good, great and bad experiences. However, the absolute worst, by far experience I ever had at a car dealership was at Browning Dodge. I consider them to be disgusting slime bags and I am being kind.

Cheers, Steve
This, right here, needs no edits from me. My exact experience!

Reactions: ssc

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
BTW, I bought my JL at Glenn Thomas in Long Beach. One of the best experiences I have had.

Last edited:

JayBreww

Reaction score
I’m dealing with Redlands Dodge now for warranty work. What a nightmare. My trucks being held hostage and not being worked on because they don’t know if warranty is paying for it or previous dealer who worked on it is. 5 days so far. We’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Moss Bros is the better dealer to buy from. What ever you do, stay the hell away from HB Dodge. Worst dealer ever !

My borderline criminal experience at HB Dodge is what sent me to Dave Smith in Kellogg Idaho. Straight up deal, no bull but what an effort on my part @ 1700 miles.

Fast forward a year and the trans shits the bed and I end up at Orange Coast Dodge because I wont step foot in Tuttle Click. They went out of their way to make things right. They also rebuilt the trans in house because Mopar will no longer supply a factory reman. That part is just not right.

Lastly open a case with FCA and you will get a rep that works for you with the dealership if you need repair work.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I’m dealing with Redlands Dodge now for warranty work. What a nightmare. My trucks being held hostage and not being worked on because they don’t know if warranty is paying for it or previous dealer who worked on it is. 5 days so far. We’ll see.

Open a case with FCA immediately. Shit should turn around quick.

WildWilly

Reaction score
My borderline criminal experience at HB Dodge is what sent me to Dave Smith in Kellogg Idaho. Straight up deal, no bull but what an effort on my part @ 1700 miles.

Fast forward a year and the trans shits the bed and I end up at Orange Coast Dodge because I wont step foot in Tuttle Click. They went out of their way to make things right. They also rebuilt the trans in house because Mopar will no longer supply a factory reman. That part is just not right.

Lastly open a case with FCA and you will get a rep that works for you with the dealership if you need repair work.

I just bought a truck last night, and tried dealing with Dave Smith since they are known for being the best on this coast. They offered me no better deal than any local dealer did, without the 1800 mile drive. I've heard that the "old Dave Smith" is gone once it soldout a couple years ago to a big corporation.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I just bought a truck last night, and tried dealing with Dave Smith since they are known for being the best on this coast. They offered me no better deal than any local dealer did, without the 1800 mile drive. I've heard that the "old Dave Smith" is gone once it soldout a couple years ago to a big corporation.

This is good to know. What did you buy?

I bought a leftover 2018 Ram 2500 from them. $61k+ sticker and I drove away for 49600 plus T&L. So it was worth it. That was April 2019. They were super friendly and no games. Offered a hotel voucher and completely filled the tank with Diesel. I bought my plane fair but they picked me up and were ready for me.

Maybe they are off the list now. HB Dodge is a POS that I 100% know.

WildWilly

Reaction score
'21 2500 Power Wagon. I originally was doing a 2500 diesel after 5 1500's. But the more we shopped and dug in, and thought how much time I'd really spend towing 12k+ pounds I started rethinking it (added purchase cost and maintenance). so before I bought another 1500 I saw a power wagon and did some reasearch and somehow just decided thats what we wanted lol

The factory features are pretty crazy on these things.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score

I just got my 2007 Mega back from them doing a second blend door repair and a/c compressor. I wasn't very happy with how the $$ went with the blend door, but I was pleasantly surprised with an a/c compressor only being $400. They also deglazed my headlight lenses and neglected to charge me for it. But my favorite part is how they say they can't make the heater work because the thermostat isn't letting the water get hot enough. With a straight face the service writer told me that to R&R a thermostat and a hose was going to cost $585.00.
After spending $5000 with them already on the bill. I went straight to the parts house from the dealer and bought the tstat, but I haven't installed it yet. But I have seen guys on Youtube doing the work in under 15 minutes.

JayBreww

Reaction score
When told I was going to take my truck elsewhere, the idiot told me he was going to charge me a diagnostic fee (which I understand). So later in our conversation I was curious and wanted to know what the actual part that is leaking and he says they don’t know because they haven’t performed a diagnostic on it yet.
I lost it and said I’ll be there in the morning to pick up my truck.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Moss Bros is the better dealer to buy from. What ever you do, stay the hell away from HB Dodge. Worst dealer ever !
Shit

I was going to go there ans look at a charger SRT

What was your experience?

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
What ever you do, stay the hell away from HB Dodge. Worst dealer ever !

My eldest son bought bought a truck from them, took a pic of the window sticker and sent it to me. Looked good for his needs, 360 magnum, towing package, posi, etc. After a warranty issue we found out it was a 318, no posi, . . . Thieves

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Has anyone had any recent dealings with the Dodge dealer in Norco? Used to be called Frahm, but now I see they are Browning Dodge also. I had a pretty good buying experience there in 2007 but I bought a truck that they had already advertised a purchase price in the Green Sheet. $12K off of $37K sticker got my attention pretty good, and it was the color my wife wanted and we couldn't find anywhere. They have a huge service area and seem to sell a lot of trucks in the area. Maybe another option for the OP.

Joe mama

Reaction score
My eldest son bought bought a truck from them, took a pic of the window sticker and sent it to me. Looked good for his needs, 360 magnum, towing package, posi, etc. After a warranty issue we found out it was a 318, no posi, . . . Thieves
I would be back with the window sticker.

attitude

Reaction score
Has anyone had any recent dealings with the Dodge dealer in Norco? Used to be called Frahm, but now I see they are Browning Dodge also. I had a pretty good buying experience there in 2007 but I bought a truck that they had already advertised a purchase price in the Green Sheet. $12K off of $37K sticker got my attention pretty good, and it was the color my wife wanted and we couldn't find anywhere. They have a huge service area and seem to sell a lot of trucks in the area. Maybe another option for the OP.
This thread is about Browning.

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
I would be back with the window sticker.

We found the real one crumpled up in the glove box, not the one that was in the window when he purchased it. The "embellished" one was already taken off when the car was picked up after being prepped.

Bajastu

Reaction score
Shit

I was going to go there ans look at a charger SRT

What was your experience?
What is advertised isn’t what they will sell you. False advertising, up sell must be taken to get the deal, the car you look at is always sold, higher interest rates. I walked out of there in a hurry.