WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone have an Adobe CS5 or CS6 package they want to sell?

Outnumbered

Don't tax me bro!
Reaction score
Looking for an Adobe Creative Suite package with Illustrator. Version 5+ in windows format in retail or student version. Anyone have a copy laying around they want to sell?

Outnumbered

Don't tax me bro!
Reaction score
Thanks. I may do that. They have a student rate of $19 per month for CS6 that my daughter can get. Is there any disadvantage to the cloud vs the cd?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Nerf

Reaction score
Thanks. I may do that. They have a student rate of $19 per month for CS6 that my daughter can get. Is there any disadvantage to the cloud vs the cd?

None that I've seen, I'm very happy with the membership...lots of updates too.

white tortilla

Reaction score
im a full time college student. i couldnt believe all the free shit i could download as long as i have my student id!!

Outnumbered

Don't tax me bro!
Reaction score
im a full time college student. i couldnt believe all the free shit i could download as long as i have my student id!!

They give some good deals but Adobe shit is expensive and never free.

white tortilla

Reaction score
They give some good deals but Adobe shit is expensive and never free.

idk i was able to get any of the adobe stuff for free for three years. might b worth it to sign uo for a CC class if theres something local even if you drop the class just to get a student id

C-2

Reaction score
I too am taking college courses and agree - the software discounts are huge and almost offset the tuition, lol.

While at Cal State Fullerton, I was able to download the entire Adobe Creative Suite (like 13 programs) for $50. But, I only use Acrobat (PDF), Dreamweaver and PS - so Adobe nixed the other applications. They also upgraded me out of Acrobat 9 - which I had paid for (and is now EOL). That part pisses me off.

Adobe products are going to subscription only; I'm not sure you can even get a boxed version any longer. Even if you can, Adobe has really stepped up their game to make sure you are not sharing software. With my boxed version of Acrobat 9, I only had 2 licenses, and would have to de-activate/activate/call customer service; again, they keep pretty good tabs on everything.

And Adobe pushes out tons of updates - not only for licensing, but also for security since their products are so widely used and popular, they are a big attack vector. So you have to accept the updates - at least, if you don't want to become a spam distributing member of a Russian botnet.

I think MS via Office 365 is also trying the cloud deal.

When the time comes, I will also be signing up for the $20/month Creative Suite option; at $240 year, it's still a smoking deal considering the updated versions to premium products.

Outnumbered

Don't tax me bro!
Reaction score
idk i was able to get any of the adobe stuff for free for three years. might b worth it to sign uo for a CC class if theres something local even if you drop the class just to get a student id

It is no longer like that with Adobe. This is for my daughter and she has a student ID. Adobe will not give away their products. Corel Draw on the other hand I can get her for $49 vs $499;)

Outnumbered

Don't tax me bro!
Reaction score
Got a new copy of CS5 on eBay for under $140. Thanks for the replies. :thumbup: