WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone have the TESLA Roof solar system?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
images

Those solar tiles will match Crankshaft Manors roof perfectly.
Anyone go with the Tesla system?
Any takes?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
images

Those solar tiles will match Crankshaft Manors roof perfectly.
Anyone go with the Tesla system?
Any takes?

Manors grown up and has his own house now?

Reactions: TPC

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
A family in the neighborhood has it. We see the service truck out front. Nobody talks to each other here. Guy across the street died and we didn't get the news from his family for 2 and a half years. Hard to get any info about anything on my street.

I Googled TESLA Solar and it came up like still in business. We did hear some news awhile back they had fire issues.
Probably best to just get simple panels and push the meter back a few KWH.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Maynards grown up and has his own house now?
Maynard gets 60% of all our assets. He won't spend a dime of it nor sell anything - ever. The other kids split the rest.

Last edited:

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Around here Tesla Solar is using the same stuff everyone else is. The solar roof isn't ready for prime time yet, at least that is my impression.

Jgarrison

Reaction score
They have delayed production of it several times. I wouldn’t count on it ever coming out, just like the other 7 companies that have tried and failed. Hard to get permitted and approved with fire department, not to mention forget lowering your utility cost.....only makes financial sense if you roof needs to be replaced as well.

Tpltrbl303

Reaction score
Every couple of years they make a push to sell it, or stir interest in it. There aren’t many installations yet and the last time I checked it was primarily roofers who were doing the sales/installations.

Conceptually it’s a cool idea but the costs and the inefficiency is still an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BasilHayden

Reaction score
Every couple of years they make a push to sell it, or stir interest in it. There aren’t many installations yet and the last time I checked it was primarily roofers who were doing the sales/installations.

Conceptually it’s a cool idea but the costs and the inefficiency is still an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicely said, but so tired of the crap I see out of SolarCity/Tesla lets be honest. One of the worst companies you can call unless you are a fan of getting screwed in Cali by Newsome/Harris/Biden. If you did 5 seconds of research you would never use SolarCity/Tesla. Find a regional installer with a good reputation or call me or Tpltrbl303.

Oh and TPC stay away from their roof tile crap, its definately not ready for prime time, save Maynard's money. I'd be happy to help guide you if you want to send a PM.

500bbc

Reaction score
Client wanted to install one last year, Tesla has to do the install, way expensive and at the time two had been installed, One at Musk's house and one at one of his executives house.

socal0487

Reaction score
One was installed recently on a rebuild for a home destroyed by the Thomas Fire in Ventura on Alverstone Ave. Pretty interesting seeing it go up and process of taking them off