WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone here have a two or four post lift in their garage?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting one, but was curious on the foot print that I need to set one up on the garage floor.

Also, there was a guy selling and installing them in Havasu but I lost his contact info.

Thx

hallett21

Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting one, but was curious on the foot print that I need to set one up on the garage floor.

Also, there was a guy selling and installing them in Havasu but I lost his contact info.

Thx

Bend pack makes 4 posts that you can drive a truck through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CANUCK007

Reaction score
I have one.Its very handy. hot rod up outta the way in off season..whatcha wanna know?

dspracing

Reaction score
We install bendpak lifts alongside much of our equipment and there are many other to choose from as well. It all really depends on what your application is.
I like the HD-7500, with the wider stand it is much easier drive under and clear mirrors etc.
if you had a larger space like an rv garage, I would go with a cantilever style lift.

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
I have both, if it is mainly for storage with occasional maintenance then get the 4 post, if you do car builds or do more than the average guy on cars, then the 2 post wins every time. The footprint required is 20ft by 12ft with a minimum of 12ft clearance to make it work best for you.

DLC

Reaction score
HAVASU Neighbor got out out of Temecula area, I helped him set it up. It’s an easy install for 2 guys and they can move around some with the wheel kit.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I have both, if it is mainly for storage with occasional maintenance then get the 4 post, if you do car builds or do more than the average guy on cars, then the 2 post wins every time. The footprint required is 20ft by 12ft with a minimum of 12ft clearance to make it work best for you.
We have an Rv garage so plenty of height, the key is how much room it takes up with wise so I can get my boat in next to it, or maybe the boat could go under it?

Hoping to get my sand car up out of the way during the off season. Sucks to wasted all of the height of an rv garage.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Check the detail of what size footing you'll need for the lift you choose. More critical on a 2 post than a 4 but still something to look into. Last 2 post I was involved in we had to cut the floor for a footing. We ended up just doing a continuous footing tying both post together so it was like a square with the lift installed. If your garage is a post tension slab you'll probably want to get one that is mobile and doesn't anchor into the slab.

bonesfab

Reaction score
Go to Bend paks sight. They have a few different widths,heights and lengths. My boat fits under one of my four posts.

Pebo

Cocktail Krew
Reaction score
From Facebook Havasu

AUTOMOTIVE LIFTS 2 & 4 POSTS (STARTING PRICE OF 2 POST IS $1995 and 4 POST STARTS AT $2780)
$1,995

Listed 11 weeks ago in Lake Havasu City, AZ

Details
  • Condition
    New
  • Brand
    champion
We have Both Heavy Duty Two Post & 4 Post Capacity Car Lifts - IN STOCK !!! Tp9F-E (9000 LBS Floor plate) $1,995.00 Tp9A-E (9000 LBS Clear Floor) $2,095.00 Tp9A-HD (9500 LBS Clear Floor) $2,300.00 Tp10A-HD (10000 LBS Clear Floor) $2,650.00 Tp11A-HD (11000 LBS Clear Floor $3,150.00 12000 LBS Clear floor $3,900.00 12000-XLT LBS Clear floor $4,150.00 Fp8k (8000 LBS 4 Post with Caster Kit - Jack Tray -3 Drip Trays) $2,780.00 Fp8k-XLT (8000 LBS extra tall extra long 4 Post) $3,180.00 SJ35 Sliding Jack for Four Post Lift $895.00 * We do not do any electrical hookup. Message me here for details. We have lots of two and four post lifts in stock, varying lifting capacities, and can accommodate low ceilings! Message me here. Thanks for looking! (Disclaimer - several different lifting capacities are represented in these pictures - call for detailed pricing on all lifting capacities.) ***INSTALLATION PRICING BASED ON LOCATION*** *** WE DO NOT YET INSTALL NOR HAVE A PICK UP LOCATION IN WASHINGTON, OREGON, MONTANA, ALASKA, BUT WE DO OFFER LOW PRICE SHIPPING COULD RANGE ANYWHERE FROM $350-$600*** ***PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITH TARIFF INCREASES WITHOUT NOTICE. THIS AD SUPERCODES ALL PRIOR ADS AND PRICING*** Condition New

Lake Havasu City, AZ
Location is approximate

Seller Information

Keith Goolsby

(6)

Joined Facebook in 2010

Jetdriver951

Reaction score
Go to Bend paks sight. They have a few different widths,heights and lengths. My boat fits under one of my four posts.
I have been looking at these alot. My ceiling is only 9 1/2 feet tall which I think is going to be my limiting factor. I like to put the jet boat away during off season and have our 1968 camaro underneath it. The trailers wheelbase is 100 inches. Looking for one that is a little wider than normal. Trying to make use of the dead space above.
20201028_215223.jpg
20201028_215235.jpg

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
From Facebook Havasu

AUTOMOTIVE LIFTS 2 & 4 POSTS (STARTING PRICE OF 2 POST IS $1995 and 4 POST STARTS AT $2780)
$1,995

Listed 11 weeks ago in Lake Havasu City, AZ

Details
  • Condition
    New
  • Brand
    champion
We have Both Heavy Duty Two Post & 4 Post Capacity Car Lifts - IN STOCK !!! Tp9F-E (9000 LBS Floor plate) $1,995.00 Tp9A-E (9000 LBS Clear Floor) $2,095.00 Tp9A-HD (9500 LBS Clear Floor) $2,300.00 Tp10A-HD (10000 LBS Clear Floor) $2,650.00 Tp11A-HD (11000 LBS Clear Floor $3,150.00 12000 LBS Clear floor $3,900.00 12000-XLT LBS Clear floor $4,150.00 Fp8k (8000 LBS 4 Post with Caster Kit - Jack Tray -3 Drip Trays) $2,780.00 Fp8k-XLT (8000 LBS extra tall extra long 4 Post) $3,180.00 SJ35 Sliding Jack for Four Post Lift $895.00 * We do not do any electrical hookup. Message me here for details. We have lots of two and four post lifts in stock, varying lifting capacities, and can accommodate low ceilings! Message me here. Thanks for looking! (Disclaimer - several different lifting capacities are represented in these pictures - call for detailed pricing on all lifting capacities.) ***INSTALLATION PRICING BASED ON LOCATION*** *** WE DO NOT YET INSTALL NOR HAVE A PICK UP LOCATION IN WASHINGTON, OREGON, MONTANA, ALASKA, BUT WE DO OFFER LOW PRICE SHIPPING COULD RANGE ANYWHERE FROM $350-$600*** ***PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITH TARIFF INCREASES WITHOUT NOTICE. THIS AD SUPERCODES ALL PRIOR ADS AND PRICING*** Condition New

Lake Havasu City, AZ
Location is approximate

Seller Information

Keith Goolsby

(6)

Joined Facebook in 2010
My buddy had one of these from these people ,it worked like a charm. Wish I would have known you needed one about 2 months ago Walt as he bought a longer toon and had to take it down and sold it to a gentelman in NorCal.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
If it’s not going to be up and down a lot...only once or twice a year (storage)...you might consider a mobile scissor lift and then make (or have made) some custom sized “saw horses” to whatever width you need to accommodate what you want to put under it. Then you can roll the lift outta the way out use it for other stuff while the car is still in the air.

McKay

Reaction score

Monkey is spot on. I have both as well as a flush in floor scissor style. If for more than storage a 2 post all day long is the better choice.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Father-in-law has 2 four posts and 1 2 post. He uses the 4 post for storage and minimal maintence items and the 2 post for larger tasks. It is REALLY nice having access to them whenever I need to use 1. He found his 4 posts at car swap meets in Phoenix for cheap. He and his pre-teen grandsons put them together in a couple hours.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Boat 405

Reaction score
A 2 post lift would probably be the best bet for a RV garage. 170" height, should get most up far enough to drive full size truck or boat under. https://www.bendpak.com/car-lifts/two-post-lifts/xpr-12cl/

Minimal foot print to get in the way, and arms that swing away.

The single post lifts are really nice too, but have weight limitations. They sell some really long 4 post lifts. Long enough to put a 25' boat up 8 feet :)

I always thought with the height of most RV garages you could use one of these. Triple stacker

snowboat

Reaction score

Thx
If you want to look at the boat lift and a 9,000 lb. narrow, tall. Palo Verde Blvd N 307 660 2827

GETBOATS

Reaction score
Whatever you buy, insure its ALI certified, the only entity that tests these things......continually, much to my surprise. Just bought one, not installed yet. there are some really good brands out there and some not so good knock offs.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Personally I'd suggest you stay with the name brands. Bendpak, Forward, Rotary, etc. Myself, I have a Rotary EFP-9000 (same as the Forward as they are owned by the same parent company). I chose the 9k lift because it was heavy enough to lift a crew cab dually but also still had the caster kit. This means I can move the lift around if necessary.

See my posts and pictures over here: https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/threads/any-rders-do-car-lifts.236327/post-4118210

Here's the one I have specs wise: https://www.forwardlift.com/product/efp9/

There were a couple of measurements that were very important to me:
Clearance Between Columns109-1/2″
Lifting Height84″

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
@ONE-A-DAY I would think that single post would be great for the buggy.
I was thinking the same thing, my only concern is that those have to be bolted to the floor and Im not sure if Havasu houses have post tension garage slabs or not.

69hondo

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing, my only concern is that those have to be bolted to the floor and Im not sure if Havasu houses have post tension garage slabs or not.

Should be able to dig up the plans for your house at the city and that will tell you if it is a PT slab or conventional. I would think it is just typical slab on grade with perimeter footings. PT is usually used in elevated decks and beams.

hallett21

Reaction score

Never heard of post tension out there.

I’d be more concerned that there was an adequate footing to hold the post. Like a 3x3x3 but I’m no engineer.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
If you can see the edge of the concrete garage slab you can sometimes see where the cables are pulled for post tension. Or you can do what we do for concrete hangers. Scan or X Ray. :cool:
Typical Details of Post Tension Slab1.gif

STV_Keith

Reaction score
My last house had a post tension slab and there was a moniker stamped in the concrete at the entrance to the garage that said so.

SW_GLASS

Reaction score
Normally post tension slabs have a stamp in one of the corners of the garage specifying that it is post tension. I would post a pic of mine as an example but my air compressor is sitting on top of it.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Should be able to dig up the plans for your house at the city and that will tell you if it is a PT slab or conventional. I would think it is just typical slab on grade with perimeter footings. PT is usually used in elevated decks and beams.
There's a lot of post tension house slabs out there.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Never heard of post tension out there.

I’d be more concerned that there was an adequate footing to hold the post. Like a 3x3x3 but I’m no engineer.

Identifying having a PT slab is very important. It can be identified by the stamp in the garage floor or by reviewing the building plans. Assume there are PT cables until you can confirm there are not any present. A GPR or slab x ray can confirm this. Hit a cable and you'll have an expensive repair. If there is enough tension on the cable it may rip up through the concrete if it gets hit.

hallett21

Reaction score
Identifying having a PT slab is very important. It can be identified by the stamp in the garage floor or by reviewing the building plans. Assume there are PT cables until you can confirm there are not any present. A GPR or slab x ray can confirm this. Hit a cable and you'll have an expensive repair. If there is enough tension on the cable it may rip up through the concrete if it gets hit.

Very familiar with them in DTLA. Never knew they were at the river