WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone ID these RV/ Boat AC units?

2Driver

Reaction score
I’m not sure these (2) units belong on the roof? Seems like they are meant to be mounted somewhere more secure?

They are 12volt ac/ heat units with the condensing units, with one duct each, mounted inside the rv cabinets. Pretty sure they say Dometic. I can’t find anything. I’m think maybe they are meant for a boat, not an RV.

IMG_2098.jpeg

IMG_4015.jpeg

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I’m not sure these (2) units belong on the roof? Seems like they are meant to be mounted somewhere more secure?

They are 12volt ac/ heat units with the condensing units, with one duct each, mounted inside the rv cabinets. Pretty sure they say Dometic. I can’t find anything. I’m think maybe they are meant for a boat, not an RV.

View attachment 1238182
View attachment 1238181
Nope but saw this last weekend. Full on mini split

IMG_6184.jpeg
IMG_6185.jpeg

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Never seen that before. 🤨
When you say “one duct each”, that duct doesn’t run from the condensing unit, through the roof to inside unit, does it?

TrollerDave

Reaction score

View attachment 1238182
View attachment 1238181
Never seen that before.
When you say “one duct each”, that duct doesn’t run from the condensing unit, through the roof to inside unit, does it?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

View attachment 1238182
View attachment 1238181
I ran into something like this recently...on a messed up, stretch limo, H2. They were actually listed, for parts, under "auxiliary AC units". They make them for mini-busses and such with rear AC. Like a 12v mini-split.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I ran into something like this recently...on a messed up, stretch limo, H2. They were actually listed, for parts, under "auxiliary AC units". They make them for mini-busses and such with rear AC. Like a 12v mini-split.
Before we bought the mega cab...I was on a serious kick to buy a sport chassis and several of them had aux ac units. Makes total sense.. The larger cabs needed it...hell when its 115 out id still like to have it even on the mega cab...let alone something bigger.

2Driver

Reaction score
Never seen that before.

No, from the pics it has a condensing fan unit inside a cabinet with a built in duct. I assume Freon is running out to the fan units for cooling on the roof.

It just seems wierd all that stuff is wide open on the roof usually rv roof stuff has a housing vs an open fan blade pointing up. snow leaves branches etc all get stuck in it I would guess

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Before we bought the mega cab...I was on a serious kick to buy a sport chassis and several of them had aux ac units. Makes total sense.. The larger cabs needed it...hell when its 115 out id still like to have it even on the mega cab...let alone something bigger.
I've seen a pretty close variation on a big condo sleeper semi. They mounted the condenser assembly right on the back. Honestly, I thought it would be cool to use something like this on a hot rod, less crap under the hood.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score

View attachment 1238182
View attachment 1238181

Dometic Blizzard Turbo Auxiliary A/C unit.
Generally see them on sleeper cabs on class 8 trucks.

2Driver

Reaction score
Dometic Blizzard Turbo Auxiliary A/C unit.
Generally see them on sleeper cabs on class 8 trucks.

Thanks! Looks like they were put on in 2015 when they first came out and have been discontinued. Not sure they are the best product in a 4x4 articulation application.

This Rv is getting too many negatives……Drum say danger safari turn back 😁

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
My RV came with a basement AC I just installed a 18k 240V Mr. Cool mini split. Can't see it from the outside and it kicks so much ass sipping power. I've never seen those 12v units mounted like that

evantwheeler

Reaction score
View attachment 1238208
I’ll call your roof mounted mini split and raise you a rear mounted mini split on a 42’ pusher 😂
Function over form! I really want to put a mini split in the front of my coach to deal with the heat load from the glass. Have room on the drivers side in the back next to the engine for the outdoor unit. I just dont have the time to tackle. Going to have to keep sweating for a while. Two 15k roof units aren't enough when the most forward unit is at mid coach.

evantwheeler

Reaction score

View attachment 1238182
View attachment 1238181
Can you just get closer to get a model/part # of those stickers? Or are those not your photos?

2Driver

Reaction score
Can you just get closer to get a model/part # of those stickers? Or are those not your photos?

The owners pics. I think LF nailed it. Turns out they are not 12V. I’m astonished someone owns an expensive RV and can’t tell you specifics. LOL. Maybe I’m too detailed

ElAzul

Reaction score
Function over form! I really want to put a mini split in the front of my coach to deal with the heat load from the glass. Have room on the drivers side in the back next to the engine for the outdoor unit. I just dont have the time to tackle. Going to have to keep sweating for a while. Two 15k roof units aren't enough when the most forward unit is at mid coach.
Excuse the remodeling mess but that's what I did.
IMG_2023-06-05-10-23-15-527.jpg

ElAzul

Reaction score
Exactly! Details on where you mounted the outdoor unit and how you routed the lines? All DIY or hired out?
I did it all myself bought the Mr cool brand because it comes precharged no flairing lines, vaccing the system, charging etc. Luckily my old rig had a huge basement mounted ac underneath our couch so I mounted the outside unit under there and ran the lines up the existing duct work. Two charge lines, communication wire and a drain done. These also have a dehumidifier which is nice. I'm probably oversized 18k 240v but it uses a fraction of the power the old one did with the inverter technology. Only downside about doing the 240v is being screwed if a 50 amp site isn't available but we haven't had that happen yet. All in I spent $1599 from Costco and reused the old AC mount outside. I didn't have to buy anything extra which is definitely odd for any project I do LoL. I wanted to buy a Mitsubishi because their outside unit is smaller but they were like a $1000 more and I would have had to have a pro come out to finish the lines and charge it