WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone into antique outboards?

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
In cleaning out my mom's garage I found my grandfather's 1947 Montgomery Wards Sea King 5hp outboard. It still wears the original maroon and silver paint and will turn over when rotating the flywheel by hand. I have not bothered trying to start it yet. I know it hasn't been run in close to 50 years and can't imagine what the bottom of the float bowl looks like.

It's a cool, art deco looking thing. I hate to throw it in the dumpster or recycle it for the aluminum content, but I have no real use for it.

It's free to anyone who'll put the time into it to get it running then enjoy it as either a static or running bit of history. I've checked and parts are available for the ignition and carburetor. Please don't take it just for the 30lbs of aluminum.

Cheers, Mark

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
In cleaning out my mom's garage I found my grandfather's 1947 Montgomery Wards Sea King 5hp outboard. It still wears the original maroon and silver paint and will turn over when rotating the flywheel by hand. I have not bothered trying to start it yet. I know it hasn't been run in close to 50 years and can't imagine what the bottom of the float bowl looks like.

It's a cool, art deco looking thing. I hate to throw it in the dumpster or recycle it for the aluminum content, but I have no real use for it.

It's free to anyone who'll put the time into it to get it running then enjoy it as either a static or running bit of history. I've checked and parts are available for the ignition and carburetor. Please don't take it just for the 30lbs of aluminum.

Cheers, Mark

I would like to have but I'm sure it would just sit next to my other projects, left for my heirs to deal with.

I believe that Joe Mitchell has started a collection. I'll pass this thread along to him. :thumbup:

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
My uncle is and goes to the antique outboard meets .

Where's it located?

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
It's at my shop here in Huntington Beach. Comes with the original Monkey Wards engine stand.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Sweet. Pm me an address and I'll try to get by and see/pick it up.

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
The only reason that I'll throw my hat into the ring would be to have two of them (thinking twins on something). I have my Pop's MW SeaKing 5hp

CC