WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone know a elementary teacher or sharp nanny?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I Havasu that could come 2-3 days a week for 3-4 hours a day?

Looking for fun but also (more importantly) educational lessons for my kids for the next 5-6 weeks.

Kids are good kids and listen well 6,7,9..

If you know anyone that could fit that kinda bill hit me up.

looking for someone that is either a teacher or learning to be one. Not looking for a babysitter or nanny

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
The right person is out there. I really applaud you and Stacey for your quest. Big win for all when you find her.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score

Looking for fun but also (more importantly) educational lessons for my kids for the next 5-6 weeks.

looking for someone that is either a teacher or learning to be one. Not looking for a babysitter or nanny

My mother in law is a school teacher retired and does tutoring. She's in Irvine but might be willing to do zoom stuff if you can find anyone local.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score

Are you trying to fill the time before school starts? I will call a friend and see if we can find anybody.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
OK, Quote from my wife, "If it's a friend of the family or something, great. If it's a new person, background check and fingerprints."
She says there has been shit on face space about bad folk taking advantage of the parents wanting extra for their kids. Never underestimate assholes.

The other problem she said is teachers will be starting to prep for the school year with some of this new online stuff. She's starting testing for early entry next week, so within the next month other teachers will start up too. A retired teacher would be good. An Az teacher may bail near the end depending on what their district has laid out...but a lot of that is still up in the air.

Timmmmmy

Reaction score
I work with a guy his wife is a teacher. She has her masters. I will ask if she’s looking for some side work.

Tank

Reaction score
I've heard lots of talk about our kids grade school doing either a 2 or 3 day week for 3 hours a day only when school starts up. And then they'll do the chromebook zoom classroom crap on the off days. They will be in 2nd and 6th grade.

To me, this is very disheartening, frustrating and pisses me off frankly. The kids need to go back to school! Kelly and I aren't teachers. We basically had them do some of the stuff while they were out at the end of the school year but really? There was no "teaching" involved, it was all just review stuff and most of the time it was a total cluster fuck. The kids aren't learning anything really, it was just busy work. And I'm afraid this next year will be similar and their education is going to suffer for it.

I'm seriously considering finding a private school that will be open and in full swing to send them too. But shit, now I have to spend money to send my kids to school because of operation over-kill on this fuckin COVID bullshit? Great! Can I get my taxes back that goes towards public schools!? The whole things ridiculous.

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
Our schools aren't opening till the 17th of August at this point. Our kids are in private school and will be returning to a full schedule. I'm working so much right now and Dave is being Mr. Mom...It's wearing on the kids. We don't want them to be behind when they start back up. Dave will be here while they are here, but he can use the time to get some work done. So this is a temporary position. We are ok if it's a teacher that will be stepping away again when school starts.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The right person is out there. I really applaud you and Stacey for your quest. Big win for all when you find her.

Lol oh this ain’t Stacy. Stacy has been overwhelmed with work, and now the whole team is slammed. I have been playing mr mom for months now and rdp is suffering because of it. I need to get back to work and start getting things back in motion on the quick. Lol

if I can get 3 hrs a day / 3 days a week that’s pretty much all I need and I can sub the rest out.
If my kids can learn and get ahead in those 9-12 hrs a week for 4-6 weeks even better

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
OK, Quote from my wife, "If it's a friend of the family or something, great. If it's a new person, background check and fingerprints."
She says there has been shit on face space about bad folk taking advantage of the parents wanting extra for their kids. Never underestimate assholes.

The other problem she said is teachers will be starting to prep for the school year with some of this new online stuff. She's starting testing for early entry next week, so within the next month other teachers will start up too. A retired teacher would be good. An Az teacher may bail near the end depending on what their district has laid out...but a lot of that is still up in the air.

I’ll be home with them during it..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I've heard lots of talk about our kids grade school doing either a 2 or 3 day week for 3 hours a day only when school starts up. And then they'll do the chromebook zoom classroom crap on the off days. They will be in 2nd and 6th grade.

To me, this is very disheartening, frustrating and pisses me off frankly. The kids need to go back to school! Kelly and I aren't teachers. We basically had them do some of the stuff while they were out at the end of the school year but really? There was no "teaching" involved, it was all just review stuff and most of the time it was a total cluster fuck. The kids aren't learning anything really, it was just busy work. And I'm afraid this next year will be similar and their education is going to suffer for it.

I'm seriously considering finding a private school that will be open and in full swing to send them too. But shit, now I have to spend money to send my kids to school because of operation over-kill on this fuckin COVID bullshit? Great! Can I get my taxes back that goes towards public schools!? The whole things ridiculous.

Im not replacing school. School doesn’t start for another six weeks. I’m trying to get sometime to work and get them ahead of the rest of the group.

Tank

Reaction score
Im not replacing school. School doesn’t start for another six weeks. I’m trying to get sometime to work and get them ahead of the rest of the group.
AH! Makes sense. BUT....stand by for when school starts and they're only going to school 3 days a week for 3 hours. 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
AH! Makes sense. BUT....stand by for when school starts and they're only going to school 3 days a week for 3 hours. 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

i don’t think our school is going completely back to normal, but I don’t think they are doing that

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
We didn't worry about school this summer. Get a good nanny that will keep the kids occupied, let 'em have summer vacation.

Our nanny this summer has wore our kids out every day. No argument about bed time this year... LOL...

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

It will be "FINE" just Cut Out a Couple of Florida Trips.

:cool:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Not to go all "Doom & Gloom", but my wife's district just told her today that Ducey is pushing no students in school for at least the first month of the not so normal school year. Just something to ponder in addition too. They are looking at packets or online for elementary...wife does kinder, this is going to suck.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Im over being a teacher. The kids arent learning. They did 30 minutes a day via zoom with their teacher then it was on us. I'm all in for the refund on my taxes.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
And Harvard is doing total internet instruction this fall at their standard 50k per rate! Look Out, this school deal may get really weird.

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
And Harvard is doing total internet instruction this fall at their standard 50k per rate! Look Out, this school deal may get really weird.
They are going to let Freshmen “experience” the college life. The good news is the seniors will get a Harvard degree. Whether it means as much if they drag it out will take time to see how it plays out.

squeezer

Reaction score
The “Distance Learning” programs our district set up simply did not work for or K and 1st kids. The time we spent trying to follow the course. was more frustrating than educational. Realizing this we called a friend of ours who is a teacher and she has set up Summer School in our living room. 9-3 Mon-Fri. The kids have responded well and we believe they will be caught up or even ahead If school starts again... That’s the rub. It’s if the school year goes not when.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The “Distance Learning” programs our district set up simply did not work for or K and 1st kids. The time we spent trying to follow the course. was more frustrating than educational. Realizing this we called a friend of ours who is a teacher and she has set up Summer School in our living room. 9-3 Mon-Fri. The kids have responded well and we believe they will be caught up or even ahead If school starts again... That’s the rub. It’s if the school year goes not when.

Well done, that’s exactly what I’m trying to do.

I don’t care if the rest of the class falls behind on this program I want my kids to not only be where they should be but ahead. That’s what I’m trying to accomplish, as well as free up work time.

I haven’t done real deal jack nada for rdp in probably two months.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I have my teaching credentials I don’t know if that makes me a teacher. My kids are young which makes it frustrating but we still get done what we need to, and the nanny is a big help with that. I’m not too worried about my kids falling behind. They are 6 and 4. If the were middle school or highschool I’d be more concerned.

Singleton

Reaction score

heading that direction for my 3rd grader. However, my next door neighbor is a retired teacher, that has offered to be our teacher this fall if Carlsbad does not go back to full time physical school.

my bigger issue, is my sophomore in college was wait listed for a dorm, since he only has 1 in-person class which is marching band that he is on scholarship for at UofHawaii. He has to physical attend that class or loses his scholarship. Trying to find him a off campus rental in under 45 days is going to suck. Have to call and see what can be done, was shocked an out of state scholarship student did not get a dorm.

Last edited:

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
Our schools aren't opening till the 17th of August at this point. Our kids are in private school and will be returning to a full schedule. I'm working so much right now and Dave is being Mr. Mom...It's wearing on the kids. We don't want them to be behind when they start back up. Dave will be here while they are here, but he can use the time to get some work done. So this is a temporary position. We are ok if it's a teacher that will be stepping away again when school starts.
I might know of someone for you. She actually won teacher of the year. Year before last.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Well , at least you don’t have to worry about hiring Mary Kay Letourneau ...

gqchris

Reaction score
My daughter is in private Catholic school. Its the same shit show as public. Trust me.

They told us last week that the junior high kids, its her first year, no longer get to go from period to period. She started crying.

Thats a rite of passage for kids. And its sad.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
My daughter is in private Catholic school. Its the same shit show as public. Trust me.

They told us last week that the junior high kids, its her first year, no longer get to go from period to period. She started crying.

Thats a rite of passage for kids. And its sad.

From what we've been told, our kids are still in elementary, they will spend all day in the class room. Lunch and everything. Recess will be by class room. We have our fingers crossed that my oldest daughters best friend ends up in her class room.

No, or very limited, PE, library and music classes. Oldest loves courus and is/was supposed to start band this year.