WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone Know How I Can Get One Of These?

TimeBandit

Reaction score
They set up a bunch of them at Hansen Dam last year... I never saw anybody near any of them.

Now they are gone. When they were moving them around it was with DWP orange pick ups.

4Waters

Reaction score
They are in a few of the yards that I frequent, been sitting there for about a year.

hallett21

Reaction score
What happened to the ones at dockwieler last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4Waters

Reaction score
They set up a bunch of them at Hansen Dam last year... I never saw anybody near any of them.

Now they are gone. When they were moving them around it was with DWP orange pick ups.
DWP orange?? Never seen an orange DWP truck, always white, there was a bunch being moved around last year by Los Angeles Street Services yellow trucks.

TimeBandit

Reaction score
DWP orange?? Never seen an orange DWP truck, always white, there was a bunch being moved around last year by Los Angeles Street Services yellow trucks.

So now I find out as well as being deaf I'm color blind. Thanks.

Attachments

• street services truck.jpg
    street services truck.jpg
    1,016.9 KB · Views: 136

WYRD

Reaction score
They had about two dozen of them sitting up at Glen Helen in Devore last year haven't driven by recently to see if they were still there but they did have people staying in them. Wife and I commented frequently regarding some of the nice vehicles the residents were driving. Jeeps, Audis, pick ups didn't seem to be "homeless" tenants staying there. Had a security guard posted there 24/7 as well. I'm sure that was cheap:rolleyes:

707dog

Reaction score
since i was just recently trailer shopping i came across a few trailers that were bought by either FEMA/STATE for fire victims of the fire we had up north. the two i looked at the people had the pink slips to them so not sure how that worked out if the state purchased them and they purchased through the state but either for 2019 trailers they were a little ruff from everyday use so i passed on them. i will assume them will sit for a couple years or fire seasons before more hit the market.

fishfyter

Reaction score
No one one noticed the White HERTZ rental Chevy 3500's towing them around.
California gave them to LA who is now giving quite a few of them to other counties.

fishfyter

Reaction score

Dettom

Reaction score

Most of the homeless people I ever contacted during the course of my career, WANT to be homeless. They’ll tell you that straight up. The goody goody bleeding hearts in politics never got the memo.

4Waters

Reaction score
Most of the homeless people I ever contacted during the course of my career, WANT to be homeless. They’ll tell you that straight up. The goody goody bleeding hearts in politics never got the memo.
You aren't kidding. During my 8.5 years with AMR I never came across any homeless people that didn't want to be homeless. They also don't want to go into shelters because there are rules and they don't want rules, I'm guessing the trailers come with rules as well.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
$20k per trailer was paid no matter the size
Most are 24’s

LAFD used a bunch for their guys to sleep over during the riots last summer

If you see a blue tape x on the side or remants of, homeless slept in it, usually had covid fwiw

LowRiver2

Reaction score
LAPD turned down 80 trailers and put our guys in a hotel for covid exposure or positive to stay away from their families

LAFD got a nice Doosan double axle generator out of the deal from FEMA too.

Tank

Reaction score
There’s ENDLESS resources to help
Homeless and get them
Off the streets and back on their feet. If you’re homeless, especially in California, it’s because you want to be not because you have to be. It’s because you have a major dependency issue (drugs alcohol) or major mental health problems.

Last edited:

LowRiver2

Reaction score
No toyhaulers

A few used Class A ACE models were at Dockweiler with sick homeless in them
Some type of lease I was told
All had Mike thimpson rv spare tire covers

2Driver

Reaction score
Didnt they put homeless in government trailers after Katrina only to have the people complain about the quality of the trailers then ultimately sue claiming they were sick from formaldehyde.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Useless government programs brought to you by our progressive government in Sac.

Not to worry though. The stupid taxpayer will pay for it all....

This is the reason why when it comes time I will fully retire. Thereby lowering my tax base. In my profession one can work long after reaching retirement age. I know guys working well into their 80’s mostly because of the money. Fuck that.

I am becoming a dependent when I retire. Lol

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I just noticed this is from the epoch deal...

Unlikely this article is factual.

👎
Don't know about the specifics of their article. It was one of a couple I'd read, and the one I figured out how to copy and paste...still figuring that stuff out.

Had heard from people out there, that the trailers were for homeless. Nobody knew for sure though, since they were empty.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
We most likely have crossed paths. Those look like pictures from when the trailers were at DS. They have since been relocated.
I had to run on the mesa for months because I wouldn’t run with a damn mask on lol and all Department gyms were shut down.
I was the guy training with the old Sterling low bed combo for the CDL test there too.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I had to run on the mesa for months because I wouldn’t run with a damn mask on lol and all Department gyms were shut down.
I was the guy training with the old Sterling low bed combo for the CDL test there too.
I thought the giveaway would have been the guy running in the blast suit :oops:

LowRiver2

Reaction score
So what's the real scoop?
They will never go to auction

Some will get actually used, some saved for a rainy day that may never come, some just end up rotting away in one of the City’s hundreds of lots.

I did bomb scnearios in FEMA trailers from Katrina back in 09’ in Alabama.
They were worn out to hell, some had snakes in them, lol.

Hell, we have a 60’s era low bed (30’) that we sent to salvage (first step towards auction) , eight years ago.
Someone outside our squad towed it up to our valley academy and parked it on the evoc training track area.
Got a call last month from the academy asking when we were going to take it?

Emailed the salvage report and told them that’s their baby now 🤣

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Didnt they put homeless in government trailers after Katrina only to have the people complain about the quality of the trailers then ultimately sue claiming they were sick from formaldehyde.

All true. The occupants also stripped those Katrina trailers of all appliances when they left. That formaldehyde deal was some idiot lawyer who had discovered that agent had been used in the production of the wall paneling. As it is with most paneling. And there’s also arsenic in your drinking water. Totally true, but just trace amounts.

wallnutz

Reaction score
A couple of companies illegally bought quite a few of those and hauled them up to N Dakota and used them to house oil field guys when there was a housing shortage. Was told some of them were never used and others were so disgusting they were unlivable. At least that’s the tale I was told.