WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone know this boat???

j-bone

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got a buddy looking to buy a lower river boat. He wants something in the 21ft open bow class and has a ceiling of about 15K. This will be his first boat. I've been helping him in his search. He texted me this boat the other day. I know nothing about outboards so I thought come here for some advice. Given that the boat is in Havasu, I thought someone here could help.

http://mohave.craigslist.org/bod/5661692725.html

fmo24

Reaction score
If the floor and transom are solid that looks to be a nice boat. They ride ok especially down that way where you don't see the super rough water.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
It's been for sale for awhile. Looks clean from the pics but who knows. For $15k, there isn't any good jets for sale for the lower river?

zhandfull

Reaction score
Don't know that specific boat, but had one just like it about 15 years ago. Great boat with lots of room. If I was in the market would consider another.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Clean.......but 12-15k is on the higher end for boats like that......and Cheetah isn't on the higher end. Maybe it was a super clean Cole.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
The watch on the steering wheel is a custom speedo. :D

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
My buddy has the same Cheetah but with a newer Optimax 225. His still has the original bracket on it so it set-up very well with the additional weight from the heavier motor. I think these boats would benefit greatly from a set of trim tabs. Also, they sit VERY low in the trailer which puts the skeg very close to the ground even with the motor trimmed up. My buddy has drug his skeg a couple of times even with the motor trimmed all the way up. And like my buddy's boat, this one is missing the windshields as well and looks kind of funky without them.

This boat will run all day long and will be pretty damn reliable. Should be able to do mid to upper 50's as it sits. But, this boat isn't worth more than 8k MAX. IMHO.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Pass, get a more reputable brand boat. Got water guy has had some drama with his dealings on here in the past as well.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
A jet would be preferable on the lower river. A tunnel with an outboard wouldn't be bad, but a day cruiser with a prop might not be the best option. A well equipped pontoon would be cool as I'm a lower river guy and that's my next purchase.

j-bone

Reaction score
Does he have a preference on an outboard, I/O or jet?

Given that he's gonna use exclusively on the lower river, and it's his first boat, I'd steer him towards a jet. I think he prefers outboards though. As long as he learns the river or follows someone, he'll be fine in any 21 ft open bow down there. Jet, I/O, or outboard.

j-bone

Reaction score
A jet would be preferable on the lower river. A tunnel with an outboard wouldn't be bad, but a day cruiser with a prop might not be the best option. A well equipped pontoon would be cool as I'm a lower river guy and that's my next purchase.

He wants something a little sporty than a pontoon, and custom.