WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone know this DCB F-26???

blue wonder

Reaction score
588E9238-F259-4F19-AD95-0420F1839E9C.jpeg

Anyone know this boat???...looking at it for purchase

mbrown2

Reaction score
Yes, I built that boat in 2003.... It is a 2004 F26...When I sold it ...It had approximately 50hrs...I had replaced the port (pretty sure it was port) powerhead as it broke a crank under warranty. I had replaced the prop shaft/lower on the starboard motor at around 40hrs ...Beyond that I had no other issues with the boat. It ran great, handled great, got up plane fine...topped out around 103-105 depending on fuel and load... took a while to get there...Just wanted something smaller for Parker so got rid of it around 2005-6ish and ended up getting a Schiada.

blue wonder

Reaction score
Yes, I built that boat in 2003.... It is a 2004 F26...When I sold it ...It had approximately 50hrs...I had replaced the port (pretty sure it was port) powerhead as it broke a crank under warranty. I had replaced the prop shaft/lower on the starboard motor at around 40hrs ...Beyond that I had no other issues with the boat. It ran great, handled great, got up plane fine...topped out around 103-105 depending on fuel and load... took a while to get there...Just wanted something smaller for Parker so got rid of it around 2005-6ish and ended up getting a Schiada.
Hmmmm guy just had the starboard motor rebuilt due to a cracked crank, boat has 305 hours on it now

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Isnt that OCM Tim’s boat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbrown2

Reaction score
Hmmmm guy just had the starboard motor rebuilt due to a cracked crank, boat has 305 hours on it now
I wish I could remember which motor it was...I thought it was port. It was literally one of those days teaching my wife how to drive....back side of the island doing about 40mph and thing starts sounding like a coke can with pennies in it... I had AJ (of Barrett) do the replacement...think he was at Savage at the time...I sold it to a guy Clownroyal who I think might be a member here who did not have it long as he had a 29 built. Then I think it ended up with Tim at OCM and was his wife's boat which I think who changed the interior...I had it when it was all white...I can send pics of the build as I still have them...

mbrown2

Reaction score
I would take it to Joe A at Hot Laps and have him look over those motors prior to buy....although he is busy. He knows his way around those 300's.

blue wonder

Reaction score
I would take it to Joe A at Hot Laps and have him look over those motors prior to buy....although he is busy. He knows his way around those 300's.
Copy thanks, yeah Joe is good!!!...that would be bitchen if you could send some built pics, thanks!!!

Swain

Reaction score
Isnt that OCM Tim’s boat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went in that boat right when Tim got it, That thing was quick for what it was going over chop at 102-105.

My buddy had a boat on consignment at OCM that is the only reason we went for the ride.

I saw it last year in Havasu Springs someone in the complex had bought it.

Jay Dub

Reaction score
very nice build pics. I also liked the solid white interior. classic

mbrown2

Reaction score
That’s pretty cool to see those original build pics
Yeah....I made no bones about it I tried to copy a similar Cobra gel / color of the same era....(duplication is a form of flattery)....It was great looking combo. I loved the yellow/orangish fade at the front and would have liked to carry more of that color...but it turned out great. I would not be afraid of the 300x's....They are the holy grail of the Mercury Racing line and coveted like the 2.5 280's... Yeah the 300xs get better gas mileage and can make power too but the lighter weight 300x was great motor. It is interesting to the see the way DCB built then versus now, materials used ect. They built a great boat back then and still build great today always evolving and changing.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
If OCM had anything to do with this boat I would check with Game & Fish and make sure there isn’t any liens on it before cashing out! J/S

blue wonder

Reaction score
Yeah....I made no bones about it I tried to copy a similar Cobra gel / color of the same era....(duplication is a form of flattery)....It was great looking combo. I loved the yellow/orangish fade at the front and would have liked to carry more of that color...but it turned out great. I would not be afraid of the 300x's....They are the holy grail of the Mercury Racing line and coveted like the 2.5 280's... Yeah the 300xs get better gas mileage and can make power too but the lighter weight 300x was great motor. It is interesting to the see the way DCB built then versus now, materials used ect. They built a great boat back then and still build great today always evolving and changing.
Completely agree, the X is a beast, should have been called a 325X!!!...I had a 21’ Daytona with one, loved it...currently have a Mach 22 with twin 280’s, bad ass boat for sure

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
One of my all time fave color schemes on a DCB. Nice boat!!!

mbrown2

Reaction score
Build sheet...(I know longer have those phone numbers so no biggie)...
PICT0047.JPG