WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

anyone know?

ibelio

Reaction score
whats story with all those graded lots between havasu and parker where the snowbirds squat?

Riverbottom

Reaction score
That is a really long story, about a developer named Max Dunlap if I remember correctly. I believe he sold lots to a development their and he did not really own the property. Then there was a attempted murder or a murder, and it reads like a soap opera. I think Alan Boat Cop probably can fill us in on the chain of events better than anyone.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I tried to do some googling on and got nowhere. I did take my RV there for my first test night.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I would love to hear the story on this. Who owns the property now?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
It's called the Terraces and yeah, it's a movie worthy story from the 80s.

Reactions: SOD

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
That is a really long story, about a developer named Max Dunlap if I remember correctly. I believe he sold lots to a development their and he did not really own the property. Then there was a attempted murder or a murder, and it reads like a soap opera. I think Alan Boat Cop probably can fill us in on the chain of events better than anyone.

@BoatCop

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score

That's pretty much it. Max Dunlap built the Hillcrest Bay subdivision by the CAP, and based on that success, decided to do one on the other side of the Bill Williams. He had all the grading done, planted a few palm trees, flew in investors and buyers from LA (ALA Bob McCullough), and took in millions. Problem was, it wasn't his land, and actually belonged to the State. He picked that location, as it was as far as you could get away from the County offices, assessor, and inspectors and also State regulators.

He was convicted (twice) of being involved in the Phoenix car bombing of reporter Don Bolles in 1977. He died in prison in 2009. Bolles was investigating Dunlap's land swindles, among other things, including one he was involved with in Prescott. Tentacles from Dunlap and others reached far across Arizona to the Racing Commission and even into the Governor's (Raul Castro) Office and Senator Barry Goldwater. The development off Hwy 95 was actually just a small part of the whole conspiracy.

If anyone has several hours, the whole thing is outlined here:

Riverbottom

Reaction score
I will have to read up on it. It was a long time ago, but my wife who is a real estate agent in Parker was called to testify. She spent over a week in court and only about ten minutes on the witness stand.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
60 pages in.....

Corruption at the finest....

Back when the News was NEWSWORTHY and truthful...

I suggest this reading..

ibelio

Reaction score
thanks guys didn't think anything like that wow