WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone live or relocate to the Dallas/Fort Worth area?

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
It's the same old story that seems to be picking up steam. My wife and I are looking to relocate from Irvine, CA, and are looking at the Flower Mound/South Lake/Highland Villiage areas. We are in our early /mid 30s, no kids, and make solid upper-middle-class money. We've been looking at houses in South OC for a year, and what you get for $1MM is a joke. It's not even fun to look anymore, and a $750k mortgage doesn't sound appealing to me. Not to mention the terrible politics and laws in this state.

A seed was planted in our head when our friend's family relocated to Flower Mound 2 years ago. They went from a 2 bedroom apartment with their 3 kids, to a beautiful 3,200 square foot house in Flower Mound. My buddy's job was transferred to Coppell, so it was forced, but it has been a huge lifestyle upgrade for them. Less stress, more free money, kids have their own rooms, better schools, etc. etc. We visited them a few weeks ago and loved the area. We went to 5-6 open houses in the $550-$800k range and were blown away that we could get our dream house for the price of a two-bedroom townhouse here in Irvine. My wife has a very good chance of transferring her job as there is an office nearby, and she does not manage a team. I manage a team, so it may be harder for me to work remotely...even though the CEO and CFO have recently moved out of state to work remotely. Our plan is to head back out there in late Nov/Dec to check it out again in a different season.

-For those that live there, how do you like it? Is this area still Conservative? I'd rather not move to an area and have it turn out to be another CA.
-For those that relocated, what was your thought process, and how did you justify the move? We would be leaving our families as they all live in Southern California but would have a support system in place with my wife's best friend in Flower Mound, and my best friend moving 3 hours away in Yukon in November.

Last edited:

pkbullet

Reaction score
We just bought a house in Walsh Ranch that our kids live in full time and we use to be close to the metroplex. It is only 15 minutes to downtown Ft Worth. You get the feel of traditional TX, with close access to restaurants and shopping. The planned neighborhood has its own school, fishing lake, gym, parks and tons of other infrastructure. Home was in the 140's a ft new construction. We looked at all new developments in the Ft Worth area and were instantly sold when we found this area. This area is just east of Aledo and ten minutes to Weatherford. If takes and hour to get to east side of PK and another half to get to the westside that we have a home on.

DaveH

Reaction score
over the years for my work i have had to travel a lot to that area with stays of up to a month at a time.

its a VERY different world over there. true its a red state....but slowly going blue and may be in its final days of being blue.

i totally get what you are saying about real estate prices. money goes a LONG way there.

now for the down sides......the weather kinda sucks. summer is mid 90's or hotter with crushing humidity. nasty ass storms....wait till you see a car that looks like a golf ball from hail. much colder winters then what you are used to.

traffic is like LA. the growth in the last 20 years has been INSANE and just wait till you hit the freeways there at rush hour....may as well be on the 405.

but for me.....the real down side is its a BORING place to live. Since you post here i bet you are a boater, off roader etc. TX is just a huge flat state and offers nothing like the outdoor lifestyle you know of out west.

SPYLIFE

Reaction score
I lived in Highland Village and visit there very often. Everything you need on a day to day basis is right there. Its a higher-end area, provided you don't get too deep into Lewisville. Technically HV is Lewisville, but a different section. Also look at Lantana which is basically the same thing, but an Argyle address. About 10 or so minutes away is a new town called Northlake. It's right at 35 and easy to get into Fort Worth. 10 miles down the road, huge new area being developed called Alliance near Texas Motor Speedway...that area is exploding. Another area to consider is Trophy Club. You can buzz around on golf carts, its a very nice area, close to Southlake without the Southlake homes prices. HV also now allows driving around on golf carts. If I were to move back there fulltime Highland Village would be first choice in the area of Village Parkway & Highland Shores Blvd....it has the suburbs feel, but everything is just a couple miles away. Second would be Lantana. You said in your 30's. My friend bought a house in neighborhood called Harvest off Justin Road (407) in Northlake. It's loaded down with people in that age range, and a very friendly place. It's also loaded down with kids if that is on your agenda. It's all brand new and very clean. For what its worth, we never go to Dallas unless its for a concert. If we're going into "the city" it's Fort Worth. They have everything from the over-priced steak houses, to putting on the cowboy boots, and hanging out in The Stockyards.

As far as the views of the people in the area...I've been in town 30 plus times in the last couple months - Trump signs everywhere, have not seen a single Biden sign, nor a single BLM mask, shirt etc. That protest crap is non-existent.

SPYLIFE

Reaction score
over the years for my work i have had to travel a lot to that area with stays of up to a month at a time.

its a VERY different world over there. true its a red state....but slowly going blue and may be in its final days of being blue.

i totally get what you are saying about real estate prices. money goes a LONG way there.

now for the down sides.....

I would agree, the weather is not the best. As far as heat, its hot everywhere, but it does get cold in the winter, and rains a lot. I would not say hail would be a huge issue. It happens though. Lake Lewisville is just a normal lake. They don't have a lot restaurants, places to dock. Lake Ray Roberts is up the road in Sanger. It's small. People fish, wakeboard, and there is a small party cove. There are a few more lakes around, but I have no experience to comment about. There are a couple off-road parks, but it's not on the same planet compared to AZ. As far as boring- It's certainly not the most exciting places I have lived. The trade-off is, you can get a very nice home for a fraction of CA, the area's the OP are mentioning are very safe, clean, and overall day to day decent living.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
My Friends's 25 year old Son just left CA for Dallas about a week ago. He has only been there about 3 days, but days so far it has exceeded his expectations.

Sent From Tapatalk

rrrr

Reaction score
These are good comments. I live in Plano, and there are beautiful homes in Frisco, McKinney, and Prosper, just north of me.

Collin and Denton counties are majority conservative and Republican. Stay out of Dallas, it's a shit show. I moved to Texas from New Mexico in my 20s, and the job opportunities and no income tax have been a boon. The state government has never done anything in 40 years that has affected my life.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Pros:
Red State Freedom
Lower Housing prices
Better Schools
No State Income Tax
Lower Crime Rate
Better Quality of Life

Cons:
Summer is Hot AF with High Humidity for good measure, lol
Real Estate Taxes are high, and your property is subject to reassessment annually. (No Prop 13 is Tejas)
Lake Havasu is a 17 Hour Drive. :oops:
Off Roading is pretty much non-existent as most lands are privately owned

There is no perfect place to live. You just choose what is most importatnt for your lifestyle and run with it!

Last edited:

Havoc Powesports

Reaction score
Been here a long time(family moved to area in 1998) I've lived in Flower Mound, Argyle and now Northlake. all the same area basically. what do you want to know?
My current house is in a neighborhood on 1 acre 3300sqf 300yr HOA have a 36x36 shop on it and in it at 480k. 8500yr property tax. No state income tax.(bought it cheap 450k needed a lot of work inside never updated) came from 2500sqf 750yr HOA in Argyle neighborhood 389k property tax 7600yr. Have one in my neighborhood selling his now 2800sqf 30x50 shop 1 acre 483k by owner.

I can pull real estate listings if you would like.

July aug sept are warm upper 90's to lower 100s with humidity heat index of 110-115 not every day but quite a few. Winters can be cold for a couple days but not too terrible bad. It is a "wet" cold instead of the dry cold like Vail Co.

Right around Flower Mound you have a couple lakes. Lewisville lake and Grapevine. (with your screen name and that style they are all over the lakes so would fit in). then possum kingdom etc. lots of lakes within an hr or so to hit up.

There are off road parks around and about an hr and half north we have Redneck With Paychecks twice a year..

these neighborhoods, Wellington, Bridlewood, Lantana, highland village all right in Flower Mound area as well Property tax rates in this area Denton county is 2-2.5% going into southlake Tarrant county the go up to 3-3.5% Just make sure that if looking at new neighborhoods, to ask about PIDs and MUD, a lot of newer neighborhoods are imposing this fee and passing it on to homeowners $$ Have a 2 sisters that live in Wellington, a Brother in Lantana both parents in Flower Mound area Property taxes are high, yet no state income tax so not sure how good the wash would be. for me it works in my favor.

Like the area, We have a son in school so thats a big one, convenience of airport close and the couple lakes close by. We spend most our weekends on lewisville lake during the summer at pilot knoll park.

Multiple gun ranges close by, can walk in and walk out with ammo in hand. easy to get LTC.
My 2017 ram 3500 tag to renew was 187.00 My 2019 ram 2500 isnt due yet so cant update that info. boat tags for a 2yr renew on my boat is 74.00 I get a yearly launch park pass for 25.00 for the year on lewisville lake. You do have to get trailer tags on trailers, my trailer tag is 40.00 year, and we do auto inspections, so far Denton county does NOT smog diesels.. you can tint front windows to 35% but most places will pass limo tint on front if you have it, just got to go to the right places..

Any questions or you come out, shout be happy to answer any questions and grab a cold one.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I'm on the 3-5 year plan myself. 90% of my business is people leaving California. I have only had one person upset they left, but they moved to Indiana. I'm looking at Idaho (Jdub is already moving there), TX, maybe Arizona, but AZ is not far behind CA, Tennessee or Florida.

It's difficult to me as I was taught that if your planning on moving, your life is on hold until you actually move. This is a very true statement, but I have made a couple moves that I have regretted dearly...NorCal.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
OP That's a very nice area, great schools as well.

For those who think there's nothing to do, no off-roading...I thought so too. But I was wrong. There's a ton of off-roading here, go to youtube and search "texas off roading" and you'll see some very cool trails and places to go. Some are close, some are far, and many have breathtaking views.

It's not like the southwest, but it definitely exists and isn't shit.

And tons of other things to do as well.
You just need to take off your transplant hat, and put on a cowboy hat...get to know folks, know where to look, make friends and a shitload of things that you don't think Texas offers, are actually offered.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
The only thing I can share is that in the winter everything is grey and little depressing.

But in the summer everything is bright colors.

Texas is still at the top of our relocation including our business.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
I'm on the 3-5 year plan myself. 90% of my business is people leaving California. I have only had one person upset they left, but they moved to Indiana. I'm looking at Idaho (Jdub is already moving there), TX, maybe Arizona, but AZ is not far behind CA, Tennessee or Florida.

It's difficult to me as I was taught that if your planning on moving, your life is on hold until you actually move. This is a very true statement, but I have made a couple moves that I have regretted dearly...NorCal.

Don't look at Idaho. The other choices are better.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, everyone. Keep em coming.

I know the temp swings can be pretty large, which is why a lake must be nearby, and our house must have a pool. Those are non-negotiable. I grew up in Havasu and Parker almost every other weekend, so the heat doesn't bother me much. Cold winters and tornados will take some getting used to. Lake Grapevine looked like a cool local spot when we were there. Looked big enough to have a good time, wakeboard, get on some jet skis, etc. We didn't make it up to Lewisville, but it looks larger if I needed to stretch my legs. I will miss the mountains...a lot. Hopefully, with the money I save, I have more money to travel and vacation. While I was there, my buddy and I went to Elm Fork to do some shooting. Great range, and it's nice that it's so close.

I'm not sure what my work situation would be, but heading to Dallas or Fort Worth doesn't seem like a huge deal coming from So. Cal. I'm mapping 40 mins to either. I definitely wouldn't be heading there on the weekends as I hate crowds. We were in the Flower Mound area partially during the week, and over the weekend, and traffic was non-existent. We'll see how it is when we head back in a month or two.

I'd love at least an acre of land, but from what I've seen you start to creep closer to $900K-$1MM. That's affordable, but with a move like this, I'd like to keep it below $800k and have less stress and more play money. I know the property taxes are high compared to CA, but we have a low to mid 6 figure income, so the lack of state taxes should more than offset the increase.

@Havoc Powesports what is PID and MUD?

@SPYLIFE Any other areas with newer families, and people my age? We are undecided about starting a family, but having a good school district has always been a priority for us.

farmo83

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, everyone. Keep em coming.

I know the temp swings can be pretty large, which is why a lake must be nearby, and our house must have a pool. Those are non-negotiable. I grew up in Havasu and Parker almost every other weekend, so the heat doesn't bother me much. Cold winters and tornados will take some getting used to. Lake Grapevine looked like a cool local spot when we were there. Looked big enough to have a good time, wakeboard, get on some jet skis, etc. We didn't make it up to Lewisville, but it looks larger if I needed to stretch my legs. I will miss the mountains...a lot. Hopefully, with the money I save, I have more money to travel and vacation. While I was there, my buddy and I went to Elm Fork to do some shooting. Great range, and it's nice that it's so close.

I'm not sure what my work situation would be, but heading to Dallas or Fort Worth doesn't seem like a huge deal coming from So. Cal. I'm mapping 40 mins to either. I definitely wouldn't be heading there on the weekends as I hate crowds. We were in the Flower Mound area partially during the week, and over the weekend, and traffic was non-existent. We'll see how it is when we head back in a month or two.

I'd love at least an acre of land, but from what I've seen you start to creep closer to $900K-$1MM. That's affordable, but with a move like this, I'd like to keep it below $800k and have less stress and more play money. I know the property taxes are high compared to CA, but we have a low to mid 6 figure income, so the lack of state taxes should more than offset the increase.

@Havoc Powesports what is PID and MUD?

@SPYLIFE Any other areas with newer families, and people my age? We are undecided about starting a family, but having a good school district has always been a priority for us.

Mud is Municipal Utility District. I actually don't know what PID is but I would assume it's the same thing just a different acronym.

If your not in the city limits your neighborhood(as well as other nearby neighborhoods) will likely be in a district which is how they are getting power, water, etc for your home. Of course district passes all the cost for this back to you in the form of taxes for fees. It's very common if you live in the suburbs. I've never seen one high enough to not buy a home though.

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score
I appreciate the responses as well. We just bought a lot (just under an acre) in Midlothian, about 40 minutes south of Dallas. We'll start building in 18 months so I have enough time to wrap up work and retire. We have a bunch of family in the area and it will be nice to get out of CA for a new adventure.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I appreciate the responses as well. We just bought a lot (just under an acre) in Midlothian, about 40 minutes south of Dallas. We'll start building in 18 months so I have enough time to wrap up work and retire. We have a bunch of family in the area and it will be nice to get out of CA for a new adventure.

Were in Midlothian? We looked at this area and also Waxahachie but the wife felt both were little too small town feel, I liked it....

pronstar

Reaction score

Awesome, that’s not far from where I live. Really nice area [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Music to my Ears

Reaction score
Were in Midlothian? We looked at this area and also Waxahachie but the wife felt both were little too small town feel, I liked it....

It's in a new gated development off of Joe Wilson Road. So the North East corner of Midlothian not too far from the town of Ovilla. I like that it feels small town but still close to Dallas and Fort Worth.

Music to my Ears

Reaction score
Awesome, that’s not far from where I live. Really nice area [emoji106]

Nice! We'll have to get together for a beer at some point. I've really appreciated you sharing your knowledge about this area!

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
no ones mentioned the fucking bugs the size of teradactyles
My buddy was getting some mosquito bites, but they left me and my wife alone while we were there. I keep hearing about the big bugs, but it must be in another season.

copterzach

Reaction score
Bring your ass. I live way south. Hot AF. Humid AF. Few days of winter. You won’t meet friendlier people anywhere else.

You can get your concealed carry in a day. Walk out of a store with a new gun within an hour.

If you are willing to move further from the city you could actually buy some acreage and a house.

Welcome to Tx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pronstar

Reaction score

Florida is 10x worse...

Fucking mosquitoes.
They love my sweet, sweet blood.

Gotta wear Texas Cologne AKA bug repellent

Taboma

Reaction score
I can't express how much I love these threads. 👍 👍 👍 With each area suggestion, I dive into google maps and after perusing the aerial views, then I use street view drive all over town. This in addition to the expert commentary provided by others either familiar with or living in the area has been awesome. In my case, it's eliminated a vast number of areas and provided a few maybe's.
But mostly, it's made me realize just how awesome we have it right here at home. Fuck the Democrats, I was born here, raised here and always lived here, I'm staying. 🖕

I read one reason I should go to Texas, the people are friendly and 100 + reasons I won't like it and double that, that my wife won't like. :eek:
I've got great friendly republican neighbors right here. So screw you Newsom, 🖕 bring it. 😁

SPYLIFE

Reaction score

...all the places I mentioned have a mix of such. I have not looked at home prices in HV for a while, but 800K could possibly get you "on" Lake Lewisville, but your not going to get an acre of land. Look up Winding Bend Circle in HV for reference. That area is great. If you're looking for an acre property in a newer upcoming area, you're going to need to get into Argyle if you want to stay in that general area. Look up Prairie View Drive in Argyle on Google maps for an idea of location. Its still considered Argyle, but its the new area of Northlake. It's a tad far out to get into Highland Village (maybe 15 minutes), but there is a lot being built right now, so I am sure a grocery store, restaurants etc., are on the way. There is Walmart going in not too far at 35 & 407, but they have not broke ground yet. There is a shooting club right down the road too if that's your thing. A little further from your friends in Flower M., but might also consider Little Elm. Still on the lake, and if your screenname is an indication you like to wakeboard, there is cable park in Little Elm that's a fun to mess around with. Based on what your saying, my advice of knowing the area very well... HV, Lantana, or if you want a little land Northlake (Argyle)

Hdgasser

Reaction score

me and the wife have been talking about Tennessee, north east of Nashville like White house/Hendersonville area.

lots of pros so far from the people I’ve talked too and it’s evident that that pros definitely outweigh the cons.

And the huge pro is the BIG ASS lake like 10-20mins away.

PDQH20

Reaction score
Northern Dallas, in Collin County, has been absolutely fantastic! Been here a year on 5 acres and can't imagine living anywhere else, coming from OC. Everyone we've met has been extremely gracious and kind, some of the best neighbors we've ever had. Sure, we feel bad for our friends that remain in CA for whatever reason, but they are welcome any time. And this area is a great place to raise a family.

There are several lakes close by. Five vehicles, from classics to new trucks and the registration for all of them is less than the cost of one in CA.

The weather takes a little getting used to, and shopping is slightly more challenging due only to distance, but that's a small price to pay to live free.

Sherpa

Reaction score
I lived in Austin in 89-91. it was alot of fun, and a new experience.
My sister and her husband now live in Frisco. fancy-ass gated community. they're just renting as my Bro inlaw is a CFO for a company
he's running. he wants to retire out there. we just got back from visiting.

the wife and I would like to move near Tyler area.

Austin is very bad if you have breathing issues. Dallas area is not like that.

Any chances we get to move out there we just might.!

--Sherpa

rrrr

Reaction score

That's in Houston. The flying cockroaches have been known to latch onto small children and dogs, carrying them away to eat later.

81Sprint

Reaction score
I’m originally from Texas (Houston). My mom lives in flower mound and seems to like it. My dad still lives in Houston, and says the traffic has gotten horrible. The rest of my family lives in La Grange which is 45 minutes south of Austin. My favorite place by far is La Grange, but the hill country is still very rural and the people are genuine. Actually going down there for thanksgiving and I can’t wait.

traquer

Reaction score
My family is possibly considering San Antonio area. We have quite a few friends out there.

One friend bought a nice pad a few years ago in North San Antonio, outside of Boerne, but now it's appraised at around 900k and he hated making the $25k tax bill each year so he sold it. He advised my parents go to an area with the lowest combined taxes, especially if you plan to retire in your dream home.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score

...all the places I mentioned have a mix of such. I have not looked at home prices in HV for a while, but 800K could possibly get you "on" Lake Lewisville, but your not going to get an acre of land. Look up Winding Bend Circle in HV for reference. That area is great. If you're looking for an acre property in a newer upcoming area, you're going to need to get into Argyle if you want to stay in that general area. Look up Prairie View Drive in Argyle on Google maps for an idea of location. Its still considered Argyle, but its the new area of Northlake. It's a tad far out to get into Highland Village (maybe 15 minutes), but there is a lot being built right now, so I am sure a grocery store, restaurants etc., are on the way. There is Walmart going in not too far at 35 & 407, but they have not broke ground yet. There is a shooting club right down the road too if that's your thing. A little further from your friends in Flower M., but might also consider Little Elm. Still on the lake, and if your screenname is an indication you like to wakeboard, there is cable park in Little Elm that's a fun to mess around with. Based on what your saying, my advice of knowing the area very well... HV, Lantana, or if you want a little land Northlake (Argyle)
Thanks for the info. I'll start looking. If I can get remote work, Argyle looks like it's the ticket for us....very nice. If I have to commute to the city it might mean a closer area like Southlake, Flower Mound, Highland Village, or Lantana.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
We moved to Prosper, TX in May from Fresno area. Settled on Prosper as RDP member @rrrr mentioned it in a post. Wife and I flew out to look. The town fit what we were looking for - away from the bigger suburbs, great schools, family friendly, home in our budget. I wish we had moved years ago. Neighbors and people around here are really friendly. School is in-person. Most of what we need is either in town or 15 minutes away. Downtown Dallas is 50 minutes drive.

Growth is coming this way (to Prosper). People actually moving here from Frisco, Flower Mound,etc (several neighbors and others I’ve worked with have mentioned this).

Cons:
- Groceries are more expensive (maybe that’s due to Covid and we don’t shop WinCo anymore)
- Water/City Utilities is double that of Sanger, CA
- lack of variation in terrain, and activities (then again I haven’t explored too much yet). No mountains or twisty roads to drive.
- weather, but not for us as Fresno is somewhat comparable summer heat and winter cold wise.
- high property tax (we don’t have PID or MUD taxes in our community).

pro:
- Energy expenses are WAY cheaper.
- No state income tax
- Vehicle Regs are cheap after 1st year hit to bring vehicles into Texas.
- less stress when in comes to state gov’t
- never had nicer neighbors
- auto insurance cheaper

couple of quick thoughts after living here ~5 months. Expenses overall are actually higher here overall than in California. But we came from Fresno which was one of the cheapest areas of CA to live overall from what I had gathered. Every situation is different though.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
My family is possibly considering San Antonio area. We have quite a few friends out there.

One friend bought a nice pad a few years ago in North San Antonio, outside of Boerne, but now it's appraised at around 900k and he hated making the $25k tax bill each year so he sold it. He advised my parents go to an area with the lowest combined taxes, especially if you plan to retire in your dream home.

We’re hopping on flight tomorrow morning at 8am to visit friends in San Antonio.

Texas is by far my favorite state and top retirement spot. Boots, BBQ, and freedom. I can’t get the wife out there now because her parents are in SoCal and she is a commercial real estate/environmental attorney. With the insane enviro regs and hot RE market in CA, it’s just too lucrative.

And I’m a lot younger than most of you old dudes on RDP and I fear that Texas will be blue by the time I’m 50. So we’ll see if it stays at the top of the list. I’ll be grabbing any real estate magazines/advertisements I see.

traquer

Reaction score
We’re hopping on flight tomorrow morning at 8am to visit friends in San Antonio.

Texas is by far my favorite state and top retirement spot. Boots, BBQ, and freedom. I can’t get the wife out there now because her parents are in SoCal and she is a commercial real estate/environmental attorney. With the insane enviro regs and hot RE market in CA, it’s just too lucrative.

And I’m a lot younger than most of you old dudes on RDP and I fear that Texas will be blue by the time I’m 50. So we’ll see if it stays at the top of the list. I’ll be grabbing any real estate magazines/advertisements I see.

I'm younger too, 34. I'm afraid it will be blue as well. Certainly is blue in Austin and that's why I don't like it. Cool to visit but wouldn't ever live close to that town.

For the state alone, I'd go to Idaho or Montana, but I don't know anyone there and family and old friends are very important to me so that's the only reason I'd consider San Antonio area and not Dallas

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I'm younger too, 34. I'm afraid it will be blue as well. Certainly is blue in Austin and that's why I don't like it. Cool to visit but wouldn't ever live close to that town.

For the state alone, I'd go to Idaho or Montana, but I don't know anyone there and family and old friends are very important to me so that's the only reason I'd consider San Antonio area and not Dallas
Montanta/Wyoming is the ultimate goal for me, but like you, that would be like sitting on a desert island to me at 36. Still need work and stuff to do. Someday.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Everything's bigger in Texas.
Don't mess with Texas.

Signed Arizona

hawgty55

Reaction score
Curious why you would want to move from Irvine to the irvine of North Texas?

Is it just because its more conservative.

Everyone of our friends that have moved say the same thing we should have moved to the country! When we left I didn't want anything that resembled california. If we did we would have stayed.

To answer your specific questions justified as California is a sespool for liberal agendas. Didn't need to justify it we been wanting to move for awhile finally grew a pair and did it.

Texas will never turn blue

We have had none stop company since are move actually my parents brother in-laws family and Good friends family are coming out this week to hunt visit and frankly just get out of california for a week.

Crime is less and less violent of crimes committed
Schooling is better and smaller classes and our kids are actually in school
Better gun laws
Less people in general and spread out more because Texas is mostly owned by the citizens not the state
Traffic is better or lack there of where I'm at
Better opportunity for your kids
No state income tax and lower taxes
Lower utilities
Lower registration paid 230 for 3 vehicles
Texans are proud to be Texans And there nice as long as your conservative. Lol
Hunting fishing and tons of water
Weather is very similar imo yes its has more humidity and rain but California is always wanting more rain
People actually go to the city and enjoy it
Housing is cheaper depending where you move or where your leaving
Homeless population or lack there of
Trash/ graffiti are less and non existing
There's land and grass not just concrete and dirt

Just to name a couple things

20190510_083718.jpg
20190510_112347.jpg

Ps. TEXAS IS CLOSED

Last edited:

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Moved here a month ago. Change your license plate right away. They hate californians and will traet u like shit. It changed as soon as i registered car in tx

Weatherford/aledo are super nice too

People drive like shit out here. Seriously. Like total dog shit. Makes OC drivers look good.

No traffic!!!!! If you have 10 cars waiting for a light, thats a traffic jam

Incredible food everywhere. Lots to do down town fort worth. Bars food. Young people (college)

Its different out here. Not bad. Just different. No MOUNTAINS. You get lost cuz you cant figure out which way is north.

Tons of bad ass lakes
Everything is green
Women are hot as fuck
People talk funny. Lol

pronstar

Reaction score
You guys in rural areas of Texas may want to look into an Agricultural Exemption that slashes property taxes.

havasuhusker

Reaction score
me and the wife have been talking about Tennessee, north east of Nashville like White house/Hendersonville area.

lots of pros so far from the people I’ve talked too and it’s evident that that pros definitely outweigh the cons.

And the huge pro is the BIG ASS lake like 10-20mins away.

I love Tennessee! Wouldn't mind retiring there on one of the lakes.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Curious why you would want to move from Irvine to the irvine of North Texas?

Is it just because its more conservative.

Everyone of our friends that have moved say the same thing we should have moved to the country! When we left I didn't want anything that resembled california. If we did we would have stayed.

To answer your specific questions justified as California is a sespool for liberal agendas. Didn't need to justify it we been wanting to move for awhile finally grew a pair and did it.

Texas will never turn blue

We have had none stop company since are move actually my parents brother in-laws family and Good friends family are coming out this week to hunt visit and frankly just get out of california for a week.

Crime is less and less violent of crimes committed
Schooling is better and smaller classes and our kids are actually in school
Better gun laws
Less people in general and spread out more because Texas is mostly owned by the citizens not the state
Traffic is better or lack there of where I'm at
Better opportunity for your kids
No state income tax and lower taxes
Lower utilities
Lower registration paid 230 for 3 vehicles
Texans are proud to be Texans And there nice as long as your conservative. Lol
Hunting fishing and tons of water
Weather is very similar imo yes its has more humidity and rain but California is always wanting more rain
People actually go to the city and enjoy it
Housing is cheaper depending where you move or where your leaving
Homeless population or lack there of
Trash/ graffiti are less and non existing
There's land and grass not just concrete and dirt

Just to name a couple things

View attachment 930423 View attachment 930424

Ps. TEXAS IS CLOSED

I think you pretty much answered your own question as to why I would want to live in the "Irvine" of Texas when I live in Irvine, CA.
-Low crime rate in both areas
-Educated Population in both areas
-Great schools in both areas, but my friends have said the class size and teacher involvement in Flower Mound was much better in Texas vs. Turtle Rock
-A lot of jobs nearby, although Irvine, CA probably has more in the immediate area
-Lack of homeless in both areas, although I am starting to see lax enforcement in Irvine, CA. I saw ZERO in the Flower Mound area
-Both cities are very clean
-There is shopping and stuff to do

-Country living sounds good to me, but I don't think it would work at this time in our lives. We have no kids, so we aren't necessarily tethered by schools, but we do like to go out to restaurants and it would be nice to be close to a support system of friends nearby. We're still relatively young, so it's not like I have a ton of time to take care of a bunch of land. An acre would probably max us out. The "Irvine" of Texas is a step in the right direction to country living for us. Their population density is approx 2,000 people per square mile vs. 4,600 in Irvine, traffic seems to be way better in the area we are looking at, you still get the friendly people, the range is a short drive if I want to play with my toys, and it's good to hear the area is still conservative.

I'm speaking to my boss about the possibility of remote work, so we will see what happens.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Moved here a month ago. Change your license plate right away. They hate californians and will traet u like shit. It changed as soon as i registered car in tx

Weatherford/aledo are super nice too

People drive like shit out here. Seriously. Like total dog shit. Makes OC drivers look good.

No traffic!!!!! If you have 10 cars waiting for a light, thats a traffic jam

Incredible food everywhere. Lots to do down town fort worth. Bars food. Young people (college)

Its different out here. Not bad. Just different. No MOUNTAINS. You get lost cuz you cant figure out which way is north.

Tons of bad ass lakes
Everything is green
Women are hot as fuck
People talk funny. Lol

Where is "here?" Haha drivers worse than Irvine? I'd have to see it to believe it.