WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone near Benicia? We got ripped off for $5681.00. Need help...

alohajeff

Reaction score
We sold some parts to a guy (CST 8-10" Suspension lift for a 2011+ GM HD) that had been hounding us for two weeks. The parts were built and boxed on the 15th. We shipped the parts on 12/16 via Golden State Overnight. The parts were delivered and signed for by "Mike" the next day on 12/17. We got the credit card chargeback today for $5681.00. I've got the delivery address and some other information. Are you or do you know someone in the collections business? We are offering a $1000.00 reward for the return of the parts or information leading to the arrest of this scumbag or scumbags.

PM me if you think you can help.

Merry Christmas!

Jeff

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
We sold some parts to a guy (CST 8-10" Suspension lift for a 2011+ GM HD) that had been hounding us for two weeks. The parts were built and boxed on the 15th. We shipped the parts on 12/16 via Golden State Overnight. The parts were delivered and signed for by "Mike" the next day on 12/17. We got the credit card chargeback today for $5681.00. I've got the delivery address and some other information. Are you or do you know someone in the collections business? We are offering a $1000.00 reward for the return of the parts or information leading to the arrest of this scumbag or scumbags.

PM me if you think you can help.

Merry Christmas!

Jeff

Oh man, so sorry to hear about this. Did you contact the credit card company? What did they say??

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
There is a very effective collection syndicate (big black Cads, black suits) in the Bay area, wish I could remember their name . I used them for bad checks and credit card problems, very effective . (80%/20%)

alohajeff

Reaction score
Card company is no help. We filed a police report but at this point we need boots on the ground. I think we have a really good chance of nailing this guy. I would haul ass up there and attempt to handle this myself but out of town family are in for the Holidays.

Aloha

alohajeff

Reaction score
Looks like a fraudulent purchase. Citibank verified cardholder info but stated address is slightly different. Yeah, no shit. When the card was run all of the information provided was a close enough match (zip code?) that the authorization went through. We should have done a voice authorization but that's 20/20 hindsight.

Aloha

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Doesn't vendor have dispute rights also? What I'm getting at is can you put the fraudulent charge on the CC company?

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... Call Continental Commercial Group in Glendale California... My late friend Herb Warme was co-owner they are big and this is what they do...

Yellowboat

Reaction score
i had good luck with east bay judgment recovery

925 682 8578

that was years ago, I just let my lawyer handle every thing now.

Reaction score
$1k reward and the ship to address on craigslist in that area around Christmas time would really bring season greetings to the crook

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
PM me the address. I should be able to drive by tomorrow. Take a couple pictures for you if nothing else.

alohajeff

Reaction score
I'll try some of those company numbers tomorrow. The address the parts were delivered to is 2097 Warwick Drive - Benicia CA 94510. The telephone number for "Mike" or "George" that was used is 650-463-6596. Over the course of time between 12/8 and 12/16 we recorded 23 phone calls. I am 100% confident that the azzhole that picked up the phone today is the same guy that placed the order. Spending that much time on the phone with one person tends to leave an impression. Here's a picture of the actual kit that was shipped.

CSK-C3-16.jpg

I've got police reports filed with our local sheriff and the Benicia PD. The parts are very, VERY low production pieces with a very specific production date that I can actually prove in court. If you know of any off-road or related shops in the area do them a favor... if a customer comes in with a CST 8-10" kit it's hot.

Thanks guys.

Aloha

PS - I fucking HATE thieves.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I could have swore I just saw a post for a lift just like that on a Facebook off road group for 1500.

alohajeff

Reaction score
I could have swore I just saw a post for a lift just like that on a Facebook off road group for 1500.

A $5600 kit for $1500 bucks is a smoking good deal... if you happen across the page or link please post it. At this point all we've got is long shots.

Thanks!

Aloha

Yellowboat

Reaction score
seems that phone # is registered to a business

ericsson inc at this address
1525 Obrien Dr, Menlo Park, CA 94025

owner is one Ojan Mattsson

alohajeff

Reaction score
seems that phone # is registered to a business

ericsson inc at this address
1525 Obrien Dr, Menlo Park, CA 94025

owner is one Ojan Mattsson

Based on Google Kung Fu the number was associated with that business up until around 2010-ish. I will be giving them (Ericsson) a call tomorrow morning to inquire about the status of the number to verify they no longer own it.

Christmas was already off to a shaky start and this pretty much put the last nail in the coffin. Over it this year. Come on Christmas Miracle! ;)

Thanks guys.

Aloha

Yellowboat

Reaction score
searching the delivery address, states that it was last sold in 1989, but just recently was taken off of the mls. that's odd, I wonder if its a empty house, that is tipically how things go down :(

Yellowboat

Reaction score
county records show its owned by james and joan pierson. ( its amazing what a tax record search can get you)

there next tax payment is due on 4/10/15 for the amount of $1,476.28

I am trying to do a permit serach now, maybe I can find something more.

alohajeff

Reaction score
A buddy looked up the address and came up with a different owner. A Persian name I wrote down but can't remember. The kicker is the owners name matches a name on an auto repair business nearby.

Hopefully the Benicia PD will have some answers. Getting a warrant / subpoena for the guys Yahoo email address might be a tough battle.

Aloha

Yellowboat

Reaction score
one of the members here works for BAR( want to say dribble but I could be wrong) do you have the name of the shop?

BAR will bend them over, wrap it in barbwire and have their way with them if they selling/installing stolen parts, even if they didn't know about it.

I am just going off what I found from the solona county records.

707dog

Reaction score
any update on this??
benicia is a small city with a big industrial park and not a lot of auto shops my family has been there since the late 40's i know right where that street is too!

this is a good local shop who does lifts and tires might wanna drop them a call to put a buzz out there the owner used to race offshore boats back in the 90's
Full Coverage Motorsports/benicia discount tire and wheel
Auto Repair Shop
Address: 5380 Gateway Plaza Drive, Benicia, CA 94510
Phone(707) 745-3158

alohajeff

Reaction score
Nope... no updates to speak of. I am headed to bed and will start over in the morning.

Small town + highly specialized parts is a bad combo. I would feel really bad if somebody without knowing the real deal buys this kit and then has their vehicle impounded.

Aloha

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I hate reading threads like this. Thieves suck.

boatpi

Reaction score
Who ever goes by the house or business document all of the vehicle license plates and PM them to me. I'll forward any intel.

boatpi

Reaction score
Joan Pierson does live their but she is 77 years old. She may have died a few years ago. Remember these fraud guys order stuff, the wait for delivery to a friends or neighbors house. Make sure FedEx or UPS had someone open the door??? Maybe son??

dribble

Reaction score
one of the members here works for BAR( want to say dribble but I could be wrong) do you have the name of the shop?

BAR will bend them over, wrap it in barbwire and have their way with them if they selling/installing stolen parts, even if they didn't know about it.

I am just going off what I found from the solona county records.

I'm retired but the name of an owner of a shop is public record and can be found here.

http://www.bar.ca.gov/Consumer/Verify_License.html

Reaction score
Interesting enough the phone number is registered to Ojan Mattsson. The house is registered to Joan. The ups guy would probably just think 2 letters were turned around and think it was ok to leave the package for Joan. Last name is unusual too. "Matts son". I wonder if the ups guy could shed some light?

alohajeff

Reaction score
I have a call in to Golden State Overnight - GSO. That is one of the companies we use for deliveries within California. I am trying to get a more detailed description of the recipient from the delivery driver. Whether or not the person that received the goods was inside the house will also help. With Christmas just two days away the shipping companies are slammed so getting info from GSO hasn't been as fast as we would like but they are trying their best.

We can't devote 100% of our time to this either. I'd love to hit the pause button and fly up there but we still have customers to take care of. Dropping the ball with legit customers isn't an option.

Aloha

alohajeff

Reaction score
By the way... if you haven't updated your Tapatalk don't do it. The new version is a real pain in the ass to use. Totally different layout. (Grumble).

Aloha

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
I'm really close to Benicia. Let me know if I can help.

alohajeff

Reaction score
I am waiting to hear back from some of the other guys that have offered to stop by the delivery address. Haven't heard anything yet.

Aloha

JRS1939

Reaction score
By the way... if you haven't updated your Tapatalk don't do it. The new version is a real pain in the ass to use. Totally different layout. (Grumble).

Aloha
I posted that In another forum. I hate the new one.

alohajeff

Reaction score
First bit of good news. Just got off the phone with the Benicia PD. The officer actually went out to the delivery address and found one of the boxes. Apparently it was delivered AFTER the majority of the items had been dropped off. So we'll recover an $749.95 (retail) box. That's good. The officer spoke with the owner of the property (Mr. Said) and the owner claims the house has been vacant for only 10 days. I'm going to be forwarding the description of the recipient to the PD. Fortunately now that the kit is missing a box I've alerted the manufacturer to be on the lookout for anyone ordering the missing box. If a shop or any Joe Schmoe attempts to order this particular part number they'll be in for one hell of a surprise when the cops show up.

Thanks for all of the help and support guys. I've pretty much accepted the fact the parts / $$$$ is gone and that part of the deal really sucks. I was super bummed yesterday and really was just pissed off at society in general. RDP'ers are the good guys and your help is more appreciated than you know. I am trying really hard to not let this one asshole ruin my Christmas. This was the spittin' image of me yesterday.

Griswold Christmas:
[video=youtube;TQXuazYI_YU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQXuazYI_YU[/video]

Jeff

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I hope it all works out for you Jeff and those D Bags get what they deserve!!!

Parker Dreamin

Can I get a what what ???
Reaction score
This same scam used to happen to my wife when she owned a custom wheel and tire store..... they would get "mail orders" and would end up with the same results that you are dealing with. Such crap.

boatpi

Reaction score
Like I said in an earlier post, using vacant houses is a common deal of azzholes. Look around the area for that truck and you will find the thief.

77charger

Reaction score
First bit of good news. Just got off the phone with the Benicia PD. The officer actually went out to the delivery address and found one of the boxes. Apparently it was delivered AFTER the majority of the items had been dropped off. So we'll recover an $749.95 (retail) box. That's good. The officer spoke with the owner of the property (Mr. Said) and the owner claims the house has been vacant for only 10 days. I'm going to be forwarding the description of the recipient to the PD. Fortunately now that the kit is missing a box I've alerted the manufacturer to be on the lookout for anyone ordering the missing box. If a shop or any Joe Schmoe attempts to order this particular part number they'll be in for one hell of a surprise when the cops show up.

Thanks for all of the help and support guys. I've pretty much accepted the fact the parts / $$$$ is gone and that part of the deal really sucks. I was super bummed yesterday and really was just pissed off at society in general. RDP'ers are the good guys and your help is more appreciated than you know. I am trying really hard to not let this one asshole ruin my Christmas. This was the spittin' image of me yesterday.

Griswold Christmas:
[video=youtube;TQXuazYI_YU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQXuazYI_YU[/video]

Jeff

too bad you werent close would be nice to leave a box with scrap parts and see if they come and pick it up.Of course be there waiting

Reaction score
Maybe you ought to call him and tell him the back ordered part just came in and where you should send it. Then have the cops waiting

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
Maybe you ought to call him and tell him the back ordered part just came in and where you should send it. Then have the cops waiting

:thumbup::thumbup:

boatpi

Reaction score
Too bad I am not near you I would toss a gps in the box packing material......

alohajeff

Reaction score
The cop was a really good guy. I was impressed that he actually went out there and made an effort. My mom and dad were cops (eons ago) and they taught me to obey and respect the law. The good guys like Officer Simonson with the Benicia PD have my respect. Criminals... they will ultimately get what they deserve and that's Karma. And she's a bitch!

We've got a few things going for us but it's unlikely we'll get much more back. With a good description of the recipient from the delivery guy we might be able to narrow down the list of possible perps. I hope that like most criminals this guy is stupid enough to make a mistake and we'll be lucky enough to catch him when he does.

The manufacturer of the parts is really pissed too and they have been helping us contact dealers in California to be on the lookout for this kit. That $1000.00 reward is still good too. Safe recovery of parts = $1000.00. Here's an added bonus... help with information that gets the scumbag arrested and receive an additional $500.00!

Aloha

alohajeff

Reaction score
Ok... for those that have been following along are you ready for a serious curve ball?

I just got an e-mail (4:13pm) from the shipper. The order was not, I repeat NOT, delivered to the Warwick address. Are you ready for this? It was picked up by "Mike", the 6-foot tall mixed-white guy at their warehouse in Fairfield. That is NOT what we paid for! The guy must have called or been called and changed the delivery address to their warehouse. I've requested any camera surveillance they may have covering their warehouse. I've also passed this information along to the PD. Hopefully the Officer can get out there and take a few statements.

This one ain't over yet!

Aloha

Brian

Reaction score
I wonder if you can pin this on the shipper now that they didn't deliver to the address you requested. I assume you insured the shipment? I know that's not the correct way to solve the problem, but hey, at least it's a way to get your money back.