WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone running Lavorsi gauges with Mercruiser Bravo One?

SS-C

Reaction score
I’m mostly concerned with the trim gauge and how it is functioning for you.

I have learned the Lavorsi trim gauges do not match-up with the ohm values of the Mercury / Mercruiser trim sender. Therefore, slow reacting representation of outdrive position, i.e., gauge indicating drive fully up when in fact it is not!

These are the analog gauges and nothing to do with Smartcraft.

Singleton

Reaction score
Run a full suite of gauges. No issues with delay.

hallett3

Reaction score
I had it on mine with no problems . It was accurate on the trim settings.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Yea same here, never had any issues with my Livorsi’s, actually trying to decide the colors etc for the new boat.

DB / HAV

Reaction score
Just replaced my gauges with Lavorsi, everything works perfect

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I never had a problem until the switches began to fail and now have nothing.

SS-C

Reaction score
For those of you that responded, glad to hear you’re satisfied with how your trim gauge is functioning.

When I contacted Lavorsi regarding trim gauges, I specifically asked if they make a trim gauge for Mercruiser Bravo One drive with the typical 0-160 ohm 2 wire trim sender.

The response back was “That gauge works with that standard Merc 2-wire sensor. 0-160 is the full spectrum of that sender; the 10-90 will be the tilt portion”.

The “10-90” Lavorsi was referring to is the ohm range of all their trim gauges. This means the trim gauge cannot and will not read the full spectrum of Merc’s sender, thus incapable of indicating the full range of the outdrive i.e., the gauge showing fully up when in actuality the drive is still hanging down.

I asked if they make a gauge that will work as my current gauge works i.e., indicating up when up & down when down, very simple.

Response back was, “We do not have a gauge that works in that manner. Not sure why we didn’t ever go full scale with our gauge. Perhaps a safety thing so that during normal operation you stay in this range & you don’t ever get near trailer mode..? I don’t have facts to back that up, just a thought at this point. I will kick it around here and see what I can get.”

This is NOT by any means a thread to bash on Lavorsi, but simply a heads-up to anyone wondering why their trim gauge may be acting peculiar. Also, anyone thinking about purchasing a Lavorsi trim gauge with the typical Merc 2 wire trim sender commonly used on the Bravo drives for decades should be aware of this as well, just make sure to ask lots of questions.

I was simply inquiring about new gauges to replace my old. Thanks to the person I conversed with at Lavorsi along with their honesty, I won’t have to once again learn the hard way and be disappointed with the outcome as with my experience with Autometer.

Just seems odd Lavorsi doesn’t produce a full scale gauge for the common Merc 2 wire sender that has been around for decades, but then again, neither does Autometer. 🤔