WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone selling Islander RV canopy

Singleton

Reaction score
Got my summer spot confirmed, now I am in search of anyone selling a canopy.
Or if I have to go new, what companies do you recommend

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
You need to use their guy, check Islander fb they come up there from time to time

Singleton

Reaction score
You need to use their guy, check Islander fb they come up there from time to time

Yep, found 2 today and pending responses.
Also need to confirm if I can install or do I need to hire their guy to set it up / take down

One2go

Reaction score
Try to find one on FB or the cost of new will scare the crap out of you. Arizona awning is the company that does most in there(set up and take downs)928-855-1425. There good to deal with ,just new ones are super expensive

riverroyal

Reaction score
Build your own. Contact MP canopys is santa fe springs.
Give them dimensions you need, prob 20' x 40'. Tell them the height and roof pitch. Typically its low.
They will cut each piece and sell everything complete. Pick you top material and put it up!
I just got new tops from them custom sized, 6 year warranty.

Sketch it for islander to approve also.

They do pop up used. I will be there this weekend and look in the laundry room on the board.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Yep, found 2 today and pending responses.
Also need to confirm if I can install or do I need to hire their guy to set it up / take down
You can put it up. Just need to submit it as a drawing.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
You can install your self or hire someone to do it. I don’t think it was in reasonable what they charge.

robert1050

Reaction score
Mine is still for sale, I listed it on Islander Ttrailer Trash, but I don't check fb much. PM me.

riverroyal

Reaction score
20170930_094323.jpg
20170930_094323.jpg

riverroyal

Reaction score
No. Someone wanted a pic. I shoulda said that.
NOT selling. Im in too deep. Ha

Riverryder

Reaction score
Honestly with all the toons around here rdp should do a spin off a river toons place!

I went to the slower side toke it out once and it’s fur sail! I want to go fast!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robert1050

Reaction score
Islander doesn't give a crap whether it's new or used as long as you submit plans to get approval. Just download the guidelines from their website and submit plans for the office. Or buy a turn-key package like mine that already has an approved plan (I saved a copy), poles, tarps, hundreds of extra bungees, guys-wires, turn-buckles, LED rope lighting, quartz-halogen spotlights, ceiling fan and enough extra hardware, poles and fittings to build it into what you want, or have Frank build it for you. My awning lasted through every Monsoon mother nature could throw at it, for the 19 years I had it up at the resort (at the beginning I spent a couple of summers baking in the sun, until I got tired of burning myself in the sun). I've got pictures of a lot of other awning that didn't make it. I'm a mechanical engineer, by experience, so designing something to last out there is not difficult.

Attachments

• P1110336.JPG
    P1110336.JPG
    194.8 KB · Views: 170
  • P1110511.JPG
    P1110511.JPG
    548.7 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

SoCal_BT

Reaction score
Sorry to ask this question again but I am also looking for a canopy for sale... Any help would be appreciated

Singleton

Reaction score
Sorry to ask this question again but I am also looking for a canopy for sale... Any help would be appreciated

check the Islander trash FB page. I found a couple when I was looking.
i ended up buying a frame and partial screens, then built it out.

MP Canopy was a good spot for parts. But heard they were sold out of some parts 2 weeks ago.
biggest issue now Is getting AZ Awning appt to install. They are now booked until late June

SoCal_BT

Reaction score
Thank you! I will reach out to MP Canopy and check the Facebook page.Thanks for your help! My spot at the islander is July - Oct. nothing like waiting until the last minute.

Singleton

Reaction score
Thank you! I will reach out to MP Canopy and check the Facebook page.Thanks for your help! My spot at the islander is July - Oct. nothing like waiting until the last minute.

call AZ Awning now to schedule install appt

robert1050

Reaction score
Mine is still for sale. Doesn't anyone subscribe to the art of negotiating? What I ask and what I'll usually take are 2 different things.

I'll repeat the keywords:
Complete
Turn-key
20 X 30
Lights
Guy-wire
Approved Drawings
Engineering guide (assembly instruction)

Sheeesh

LC925

Reaction score
Mine is still for sale. Doesn't anyone subscribe to the art of negotiating? What I ask and what I'll usually take are 2 different things.

Complete
Turn-key
20 X 30
Lights
Guy-wire
Approved Drawings

Sheeesh

So how much do you think you want so @SoCal_BT can offer half and buy it?!? Or if he shares a 30 pak with you, will you drop to 25% of original asking price 😝

SoCal_BT

Reaction score

Complete
Turn-key
20 X 30
Lights
Guy-wire
Approved Drawings

Sheeesh

That’s the size I am looking for so let the negotiating begin!! Like @LC925 said half and a 30 pack? 🤣

robert1050

Reaction score
You guys aren't going to be happy until I end up paying you $1200, so you'll take it off my hands. And have it up in your site by next weekend.

LC925

Reaction score
You guys aren't going to be happy until I end up paying you $1200, so you'll take it off my hands. And have it up in your site by next weekend.
🤣🤣🤣 I mean just trying to perfect the art!

All jokes aside, PM @SoCal_BT a price as he really is in the market for one. Shoot, I made him sign up on RDP to look for one 😂

SoCal_BT

Reaction score

Lmao!! You are getting closer... Just forgot the 30 pack! message me and let me know what you are thinking.... I don’t want to be baking in the sun this summer either!

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score

Complete
Turn-key
20 X 30
Lights
Guy-wire
Approved Drawings

Sheeesh
I'm not good at all that. What do you want for it? I mean the real deal.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
I'm not good at all that. What do you want for it? I mean the real deal.
This. Why go through the haggling BS? Why not just post a price you will let it go for? Why waste everyone's time...

robert1050

Reaction score
$1300
It's sitting in my storage unit on the South Side of town.

Singleton

Reaction score
$1300
It's sitting in my storage unit on the South Side of town.

what was your entry height? You have a cross beam in the front for bracing that reduced the height and that stopped me from moving forward. Looking back, I could of removed the beam and been fine, but I wanted 20x40 since boat on trailer is 36’

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score

That ain't last minute. I'm in there now and need one ASAP. LOL