WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone still drink water straight out the tap, or make coffee with it?

SS-C

Reaction score
Reaching for a bottle of water today I thought to myself, when was the last time I actually remember serving myself a glass of water straight from the tap?

Well, I couldn’t really remember, but I still make coffee with it 🤔

Oh wait, I lied, when I’m out I do order a Coors Light on tap 🤪

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Tap...

The city where I work installed an RO water treatment plant. Water out of the tap is as good or better then bottled.

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
Tap water for this family. Shit, my ice maker in my fridge has been broke for years. I still buy ice weekly and manually fill the ice bin😂 We also have a fancy Kuerig and Nespresso machine and those bitches get tap water too😂

Flatsix66

Reaction score
The CDC actually has strict federal regulations for city provided water. Funny thing is there are no regulations for bottled water. We use RO, it makes a difference in keeping the hardness from scaling up the coffee maker, and tastes better.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Laughlin/Bullhead has the worst water I've ever had, part premix and recycled beer. Iced tea even tastes bad. Bakersfield is a close second...
Golden Valley is suprisingly good out of the tap. Williams is pretty good too.
Havasu water wasn't the greatest, but nowhere near as bad as Bullhead.

I haul my own water in Williams, so taste is a priority.

Dan'l

500bbc

Reaction score
Where? So Cal on Sierra runoff is perfectly fine.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
The CDC actually has strict federal regulations for city provided water. Funny thing is there are no regulations for bottled water. We use RO, it makes a difference in keeping the hardness from scaling up the coffee maker, and tastes better.

Brooke water should have been informed of these regulations. :oops:

racetrash

Reaction score
At least Brooke was fairly cheap, Epcor is gona rape us in Parker.

sirbob

Reaction score
I make coffee every day from the tap...

We have water that leaves a white crust on all the sinks and showers - But I found if I boil it ( I make coffee in a French press) It ends up as a bunch of marbles in the kettle and I dump those out every few weeks. I never use all the water and leave the left over for the next day.

racetrash

Reaction score
Brookes was charging us $18.18 everymonth, never saw them read a meter. One RUMOR i heard was Epcor was going to charge $27 something with 2000 gallons included. Going to have to see, as our neighbor hood bar is still closed (sandbar), so no gossip.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
I do. Hell I even drink out of water hoses hooked to house taps. Placer County water is good.
I remember working in Hanford years ago and city water was treated with Sulphur. It was so bad had to drink bottled or can drinks cause even the ice stunk up the drink..

Wheeler

Reaction score
Brookes was charging us $18.18 everymonth, never saw them read a meter. One RUMOR i heard was Epcor was going to charge $27 something with 2000 gallons included. Going to have to see, as our neighbor hood bar is still closed (sandbar), so no gossip.

As I recall that's been the price for the past 18 years. I pay by the year as not to worry about one more bill.

I'll dig out my first bill from epcor and see what it says and report back

cofooter

Reaction score
My first Epcor bill was $28 with no usage, compared to 20 or so usually. That will give some perspective............

LazyLavey

Reaction score
My wife uses bottled for her coffee.. and only Kirkland. says it tastes better......drives me F'n nuts!

And I ask "what about that restaurant, you think they use Kirkland water?

Tap is fine for me especially when you pretty much boil it

TexasJet

Reaction score
We do. But we live out on the country and have well water. It's been tested. Tastes great.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
We still do , sometimes its "cloriney" some times "fishy" , comes from the underground Salinas river

Wheeler

Reaction score
My first Epcor bill was $28 with no usage, compared to 20 or so usually. That will give some perspective............

A ten dollar per month increase over the past 18+years ain't too bad.

20201001_154446 - Edited.jpg

Fire, College and Buckskin sanitary district tax is another story all together. :mad:

You people need to go into the College someday and report back on what you see.

GETBOATS

Reaction score
Anywhere it flows from, hose, tap, bottled. does not matter! at work, its bottled. Home, out of the tap, kept cold in the refer

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I drink tap water all the time..... Sacramento water at work. I don't drink a huge amount from home as I live 200 yards off the Sacramento river and with the loose soils in this area.......... We have a filter system that cleans the river smell out of it.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Tap. Even have a glass in my bathroom to drink straight from the sink.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
tap water here. make the coffee with it, ice, water is in a brita in the fridge, but i took the filter out cuz it took to long to fill.

stingray11

Reaction score
No tap, well water here. We run a RO system and have it hooked to the ice maker as well makes really good ice and I have found it makes the ice makers last virtually forever with no more scale build up. As far as bottled water there are two kinds of bottled water purified and spring. The purified is just an RO system fill in the bottles the spring water is from an actual spring and has all the good minerals from Mother Nature so I prefer the spring water if I need to drink bottled water.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Badchoices03

Reaction score
All my vehicles get premium fuel, my Dirtbike gets race fuel, my diesel gets Hotshot added every tank...but my family, we drink from the tap because who can afford bottled water...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

77charger

Reaction score
Out of a hose yesterday. No other choice at the time and did as a kid I’m still alive. 😆

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
I live in Los Angeles. All other cities can only wish their water was as good as ours to drink!

That and the weather are the ONLY thing good about LA! 😁

So... From the Colorado River Aquaduct?

Or the California Aquaduct, from the Owens Valley?

Asking for a friend.

Dan'l

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
When I was a kid we used to drink the water out of the Evap Cooler Overflow hose because it was cold as hell. :D

Last edited:

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
In my last house, I used tap for cooking, tea, and lemonade, and always wondered why it turned out cloudy and nasty for the last bit. New house is water softener plus RO, and my drinks are crystal clear, an eye opener for sure.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Did a pH test with the tapwater here in North Hollywood and about three different bottled waters ...the tapwater was PH perfect... none of the bottled waters were even close... So I buy a case of water... I drink all those... I save the plastic bottles and fill them up with tapwater... I’m so stupid I don’t know that I’m drinking tap water🙀...

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Shit my well gives us alkaline water for free

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
From my well in Anderson tap water all day for everything.
In HAVASU?? Not a fucking chance.
Coffee pot would be plugged in a week, and urine would smell like chlorine.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
I put an RO in for the dairy 15 years ago, cows went up 7 lbs of milk per day (that's almost a gallon). I ran a line to feed my house and shop, use my domestic well for the yard. Our deep well that feeds the RO is good water, just a little high in sulfer and magnesium. We always had to feed Way too much fiber to keep them "regular" instead of loose- if ya know what I mean.

So... treated well/tap.

nameisbond

Reaction score
I drink very little water. I use the tap to fill the Keurig. When I do drink water, its usually bottled because I'm drinking it in the car. Id have no problem drinking from the tap.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
We do right out of the hose we have the coldest best tasting water at home here in Camarillo at the motel it tastes like shit