WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone still fix the family breakfast in the morning?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We have some of the kids home from school or visiting for the summer.
I still get up and make them breakfast.

We have one special needs child at home for life (an Arnie Grape) and sleeps until 2 so that child rises to lunch.

Our kids are skinny.
Maynard counts calories to keep weight on.
Girls are tiny, size 00 slender and pay no mind to what they eat. I used to take them to the custom-make Levis store in NPB or Victoria's Secret for jeans they were so hard to fit.

Bacon, eggs, Western bagels, waffles, oatmeal from scratch soaking it over night, it's how we roll for breakfast. They eat all they want.

Anyone else still have a full breakfast ritual for the family?

76 Hondo

76 Hondo
Reaction score
I love when we have Family around, my Daughter’s boyfriend’s Daughter,” Papi will you make Eggs with Benedict “ Granddaughter is a egg white and waffle girl, so sometimes I’m a short order cook😎

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Kids are out now, so not so much.

I make a mean country fried skillet potato/meat dealio that is darn awesome.
I will do that on Sundays now and again. It depends on what leftover meat there is in the fridge.
My wife makes a tasty Dutch Baby some weekends. I'm not sure how to explain it though. But they're tasty.

Singleton

Reaction score
10yo daughter has an egg and toast every morning.
College kid only had coffee.
We usually cook family breakfast on weekends

Reactions: TPC

Groper

Reaction score
YES, 17 & 18yr old's with an added sleep over kid, weekends mostly with an occasional Friday's.

Our go to is French Yoast with King's Hawaiian, Irish Soda or Sourdough, Bacon or Canadian Bacon.
Crispy Hash Browns
Or my world-famous Chorizo Omelet with Avocado that will keep the belly full til supper ;)

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Every morning we rotate through. One of us will make breakfast for the family. Mainstays are ham, egg and cheese burritos, egg sandwiches and pancakes. Usually gluten free stuff as one requires limited stuff like that. Some type of fruit as well, with milk or juice.
One boy is 15, and a 6ft stick figure, and one is 14, and a 6ft2 lineman. Daughter is average ht and build...wife and I are on the "thicker" side of the scale. I only eat lunch on weekends, the rest eat relatively healthy lunches.
We eat as a family every night, wife and I split dinner detail.

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
I don't eat breakfast unless we go out. Odd, but my wife eats leftovers for breakfast. We have 5 boys between us, 27 through 34. She will make them breakfast when any of them are at the Lake with us. Usually chorizo and egg burritos, or bacon and eggs. It is really just a handful of times a year plus xmas morning. We're definitely empty nesters now.

707dog

Reaction score
on my days off or coming home from night shift i usually hook the family up with some eats before their day starts it really helps a lot when schools in session and the mornings are a scramble to get out the door. the wife has been doing pre prepped breakfast oatmeal's pretty easy and good.

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
Not anymore. We came back from Italy after 2 months and kept our new routine of no food and just coffee/tea in the morning until Noon. But I love me some breakfast.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Every morning.

My 2 year likes to go out to the chicken coop and pick his fresh egg for breakfast then ill cook up a meat of some sort to go with

Your ad here

Reaction score
Every Saturday and Sunday. I start to early for work to make it during the week. It's my favorite meal of the day.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Not on daily routine anymore but sometimes I make a full sit down breakfast, usually only when the kids spend the night.

brecht

Reaction score
Every morning. I work from home so I'm super dad in the morning while my wife gets ready and they leave together for work/daycare then I get the privilege of cleaning up after them

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
For those that like the chorizo and egg deal here’s an alternative.
Hunt’s manwhich from the night before , cook up some JD sausage and add that in and use the just like chorizo.
You’ll throw rocks at anything else after you’ve had this.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
We have some of the kids home from school or visiting for the summer.
I still get up and make them breakfast.

We have one special needs child at home for life (an Arnie Grape) and sleeps until 2 so that child rises to lunch.

Our kids are skinny.
Maynard counts calories to keep weight on.
Girls are tiny, size 00 slender and pay no mind to what they eat. I used to take them to the custom-make Levis store in NPB or Victoria's Secret for jeans they were so hard to fit.

Bacon, eggs, Western bagels, waffles, oatmeal from scratch soaking it over night, it's how we roll for breakfast. They eat all they want.

Anyone else still have a full breakfast ritual for the family?
Uhhhh.. what time is breakfast?

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
We do breakfast and dinner together every day. Always have. Mostly DIY breakfast, but we eat at the table together. I make coffee, set table, and do juice boy (as our girls call me) duties. Usually eggs once a week and the girls have become the pancake chefs on Sat or Sun.

Englewood

Reaction score
I try and make my kids (9/12) breakfast once a week during school (Monday's usually - kick the week off good) and on weekends. Meals with your family are the most important family time in my opinion.

h2o225

Reaction score
We do breakfast on weekends with our adult kids. They still come around. Wife and I eat every meal at the table together. Our friends daughter will say to her folks "why cant we eat at the table like the Owens". They never eat together.

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Used to do it every weekend when the kids were home it started out with Mickey Mouse pancakes and having to pick them up to see it on the griddle. But now it's just us but I'll still do bacon and eggs on weekends.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Breakfast for dinner was a big deal for our kids when they were home. Now our grandkids also love it.

attitude

Reaction score
The fanciest I get is Chorizo burritos on the Blackstone. My oldest usually like bagels and my youngest will eat whatever we’re eating, he’s my garbage disposal lol.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I’m going to try the Hunts Manwitch-chorizo hack.

I use Cacique chorizo and that brand is excellent.
Usually in the tube next to JD in the grocery reach-in section.

Maynard shreds potatoes & onions, cuts bacon from a slab of pork belly, whips his eggs per the G Ramsay YouTube and feeds his friends when they visit.

Last edited:

CLdrinker

Reaction score
We throw down Atleast once a weekend, bacon, sausage, potatoes and a crap
Load of scrambled eggs.

Hermosa

Pibb + Red Vines = CD
Reaction score
going camping this weekend, looking forward to a couple nice breakfast meals, don't normally have time when we are home.