WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone tried one of these on a boat /toon?

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Buddy sent me a pic of this and said these are great for cooling kids down on the 110+ days while cruising.
Going to get one as I have plenty of space and not too costly if it doesn’t perform. Fill a bucket with ice and let it go apparently

44150F12-C186-43C6-B11C-76BFADDA110B.jpeg

DWC

Reaction score
Buddy sent me a pic of this and said these are great for cooling kids down on the 110+ days while cruising.
Going to get one as I have plenty of space and not too costly if it doesn’t perform. Fill a bucket with ice and let it go apparently

View attachment 991602
Never on a boat but have tried one. They work pretty well especially the newer ones.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I have seen them demonstrated when it was 100+ in BHC last Summer. Worked great!! There was a guy there who used on a boat and used Frozen Water bottles floating in the 5 Gal Bucket and had a Cooler filled with them to swap out as they melt down. He was sold.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
We have one. Not for the boat though. Use it when we’re camping or hanging out. Work very well.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Your on a boat in the water 🤔 jump the fuck in 😂😂😂😂
My idea is for my kids and dogs.
Last July we were headed back from 3 dunes in 118 heat
They have to wear vests.
We froze micro fiber towels in ice chests and stiffed them in vests , worked okay.

I figure will work on range days up at Del Valle Fire traning site(north of Magic Mountain off 126), so worth a shot on the boat.
Also for camp in spring and fall after a ride on hot days

Taboma

Reaction score
I was surprised reading the reviews that reviewers claimed it lasted around 4 hours at least on a small 1.5 AH 18V battery. I figured maybe an hour, so that's impressive.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
My idea is for my kids and dogs.
Last July we were headed back from 3 dunes in 118 heat
They have to wear vests.
We froze micro fiber towels in ice chests and stiffed them in vests , worked okay.

I figure will work on range days up at Del Valle Fire traning site(north of Magic Mountain off 126), so worth a shot on the boat.
Also for camp in spring and fall after a ride on hot days
Ok I’m going to let you fly on this one mr 🤔😂🇺🇸

2Driver

Reaction score
So a 5 gallon bucket of water sloshing around on the boat - it didn’t look water tight to the homer bucket. I assume you wouldn’t mist with lake water so there’s that issue.

I never got into the being misted on deal. Especially on my boat or at a gun range. I had misters in the cabana and never used them. Getting wet or a wet white rash guard and wet hat works pretty good.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
So a 5 gallon bucket of water sloshing around on the boat - it didn’t look water tight to the homer bucket. I assume you wouldn’t mist with lake water so there’s that issue.

I never got into the being misted on deal. Especially on my boat or at a gun range. I had misters in the cabana and never used them. Getting wet or a wet white rash guard and wet hat works pretty good.

The Big Issue here is when People like you Assume things without knowing/understanding the subject, AND that this Product was NOT Designed for types like you.😉

Looking Glass

Reaction score
I already have the same brand inflator /tire fill/batteries so just have to buy this
I have a 6 station charger

The Lid can be snapped back down into place and with a Hole only the size of the Hose and the Bucket secured with Bungees OR? everything is good.
You Must realize there are always who make the Most Simple Easy Project/Deal into a Major undertaking and always remember, You do You and I'll Do Me!!:cool:

TrojanDan

Reaction score
My bro and I have this set up. I use it on the toon and he’s used it on the Magic when it’s Africa Hot and usually only when parked. Just buy an extra battery or three. We use it at our tailgates as well. Works awesome.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Been sleeping with wet towels on me for a decade when we are rooftop on the Houseboat at Powell during July.... Might have to try one of these.
Im glad I brought it up.
I figured I’d get flamed for putting a bucket on a boat, but also thought I might find a good use for it besides the boat if it doesn’t work out. 👍

LowRiver2

Reaction score

I’m thinking frozen water bottles as posted would reduce the sloshing issue.

Looks like there are enough scenarios for me to buy it regardless if it works on the boat to make it worth having

I’m talking about bomb range, no guns involved,just laying firing line and walking 600’ back and forth all day between setting off shots of explosives.
No trees, gets pretty warm in July

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I bought one of those last year. A 3.0 battery will last about 6 hours at full tilt which is about 10 gallons of water. The mist they put out isn't really that fine (too low of PSI) so it does get stuff pretty wet. If you understand and are OK with that, they are fantastic! If not, Ryobi also makes this.... would move a lot of air using just a 18v battery

SKU# 307730215

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
If yore cruising, you don't need a fan....get the kid a spray bottle full of ice water....just like I used to use on the way to the river before I could afford a vehicle with working A/C.

I have a dewalt 18V fan....I use it in the summer when I'm outside and set it about 2 feet in front of me. If it's really hot, I set a couple frozen water bottles behind it. Works good and doesn't make things wet.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Comes with a small bat and charger. Seems legit for the money. On the boat I’d hard wire it to the battery

sintax

Reaction score
get a smaller boat, i can be underway and stick my hand into the water and divert water into the back seat and cool everyone off in 2 seconds... Do you really want to lug that shit around with you?

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Im glad I brought it up.
I figured I’d get flamed for putting a bucket on a boat, but also thought I might find a good use for it besides the boat if it doesn’t work out. 👍

I have an adult daughter that is now in a wheelchair and due to spinal cord issues can't stand to long. The fan will also work out great if we go to the sandbar. She can enjoy being outside while staying in the boat getting cooled by the portable mister!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Ryobi also offers a mister top only (no fan) that goes on the 5 gallon bucket and comes with enough hose and nozzles to put a mister set-up on a 10x10 E-Z-Up. I've been contemplating picking one of those up also.

TrojanDan

Reaction score
Ryobi also offers a mister top only (no fan) that goes on the 5 gallon bucket and comes with enough hose and nozzles to put a mister set-up on a 10x10 E-Z-Up. I've been contemplating picking one of those up also.

Have that one too! Works great when beached. Comes with a bunch of spring clips you just clip onto your Bimini. Only use it and the fan when it pushes 110ish degrees.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Well for me, thank you for posting. I have a lot of Ryobi batteries and will grab one or more for this summer!