WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone use Armandos oil pans?

vee-driven

Reaction score
I want a new pan for my 572 i pulled off the 10qt milodon pan for several reasons and was going to use my 14qt dooley and have them notch the pan for the stroke which will be around $400 with a new pickup and windage tray and to re gold irridite plate it. I called armandos oil pans and he quoted me $540 for a new stroker 14qt pan complete with windage tray and pickup that seems to me to be a good price anyone have some input on Armandos?

DtB

Reaction score
There have been a few threads on what the best oil pan is and they usually end up saying Armandos is the best

wrighton

Reaction score
I have had one recenltly ordered for a build. Should be ready in a couple of weeks.

vee-driven

Reaction score
thanks for the input, the olsen aluminum looks pretty nice too i will call them on monday and see what the price and turn around time is.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
thanks for the input, the olsen aluminum looks pretty nice too i will call them on monday and see what the price and turn around time is.

I've heard good things about Armandos but I have never used one. I have an Olsen right now and it is real nice. I see a ton of them on a lot of race boats so they gotta be good if those guys are using them.

420HOA

FIRM MEMBER
Reaction score
Where is this Armondo's you speak of?
Contact info please.:thumbsup

wrighton

Reaction score
He has a website search under armando oil pans and it should come up. He is in Texas

Last edited:

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
I want a new pan for my 572 i pulled off the 10qt milodon pan for several reasons and was going to use my 14qt dooley and have them notch the pan for the stroke which will be around $400 with a new pickup and windage tray and to re gold irridite plate it. I called armandos oil pans and he quoted me $540 for a new stroker 14qt pan complete with windage tray and pickup that seems to me to be a good price anyone have some input on Armandos?

I have had him build several, including the one on order for "wrighton". Plan on the pan taking several times longer than the quote and you will be fine. He used to work for Aviad,, then was in the Los Angeles area before moving to Texas. I have had a couple of minor "hiccups" with his pans that I could tell you about in PM or on the phone, but don't really have anything bad I want to say online.

Also, not sure if he has improved his cad plating,, but the last few I got from him needed to be painted to look more acceptable.

The Doctor

Land Sales GURU
Reaction score
Just curious if you stayed with the same replating color and how much was the cost. Thank you

We had Collins Metal Refinishing (here in Phoenix) re-plate ours with the same "Gold Zinc" color as their finished product was far superior to Armando's plating.

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
Doc, do you remember the cost of the plating? We used to have them done in Zink Iridite if I remember. Is that the same that you had done?

Thanks, Steve

BadBlown572

A/B Team Liaison
Reaction score
I have used Armondos on several projects. The quality is top of the line and people are friendly. I would recommend them without a doubt. Just as good as Olson, or other big manufacturers, but half the cost. I will use anytime I need a pan. :thumbsup

The Doctor

Land Sales GURU
Reaction score
Doc, do you remember the cost of the plating? We used to have them done in Zink Iridite if I remember. Is that the same that you had done?

Thanks, Steve

Steve, you'd have to ask Buzzz or Paul since they took it down and had Collins do it.

Soldout

Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Ive used Armando's for years on builds. Plating was an issue but fit and oil control were not which is way more important anyways.

nelson#109

layed in mexico
Reaction score
do they offer the same options you would find with a steffs or olson pan? seems a lot of people like them and the price. i use a stefs, full featuer pan on my blown 540, but if i do it again, i think i will go with a dan olson. i can get the same options as the stefs, cheaper, and i think the quality / fit is better with the olson. dont get me wrong, the stefs is a nice pan.

sangermike

Reaction score
hers a pic of my armondos 14QT v-drive circle boat pan that he did before he moved to texas. from what i have heard the plating is not as good now in texas. ass you can see he builds a bad ass pan for a great price.

051607_002.jpg

051607_004.jpg

lebel409

Reaction score
I had Armando make me one for the 409...We haven't fired it yet, but it looks good.

It's nice to work with someone like Armando when dealing with obsolete motors...Although I believe Stefs will make them also, I think with Olson it's BBC, BBF or NADA.

obnoxious001

Reaction score
Just curious if you stayed with the same replating color and how much was the cost. Thank you

I can probably still have yours sent un-plated,, not sure where it would need to go. I can also check and see if he still offers gold, the last couple of years all I have had from him have been the silver cad that he does himself.

The Doctor

Land Sales GURU
Reaction score
Funny thing. I just looked at this thread and had the photos from the top of the page on my monitor and Buzzz looked over and said, "Hey, an Armando's pan."

I think he builds a very nice piece and he custom works them for your own application.

wrighton

Reaction score
I can probably still have yours sent un-plated,, not sure where it would need to go. I can also check and see if he still offers gold, the last couple of years all I have had from him have been the silver cad that he does himself.

I like the way you think Barry.:thumbsup

obnoxious001

Reaction score
I like the way you think Barry.:thumbsup

What's actually happened is that he set up to do the plating in house, as far as I know. Hopefully I will find out tomorrow,, no reply to my email today.

wrighton

Reaction score
Just got word the pan fabrication is complete from Barry. lookin forward to seeing the final product.:thumbsup

Marko

BIG member
Reaction score
We had Collins Metal Refinishing (here in Phoenix) re-plate ours with the same "Gold Zinc" color as their finished product was far superior to Armando's plating.

Used Armandos on my Cole. Had a couple issues with it and one of em was the plating. I ordered it gold, they sent me silver. Not a good silver either,a shitty looking silver. They said they were in the learning process with their plating and silver was all they would do. Buzzz sent it out here locally with some other stuff he was having done ( possibly Collins ) and had it zinced gold and that stuff started coming off after the first trip out. Just order it raw and have your own plating done. Took em a month longer than they promised also. I wish I woulda just went with an Olsen.
Oh yeah... when you call em make sure you speak spanish.:thumbsdown

Last edited: