Anyone waiting for a C8 Corvette?

boatpi

Reaction score
Barstow
F5C1638E-D42F-4645-B908-9CD541143C20.jpeg

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Heading back to Vegas actually I had a much more serious reason to get off at a C8 Corvette,Tommy burger!! View attachment 1029506
FYI: We came back Tuesday morning and both Jean and Stateline gas stations had no Diesel nor gasoline. Around sunrise -Pumps shut off. Intermittent deliveries tanker truck driver shortage we're told. Maybe consider filling up in town. Jus' sayin'.

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
Heading back to Vegas actually I had a much more serious reason to get off at a C8 Corvette,Tommy burger!! View attachment 1029506

Tommy’s!

Was on a large project for a couple of years in Van Nuys. We’d have Tommy chili burgers and chili fries on a lot of Friday Mornings at like 6:30 AM. Pretty much the entire management team including the Inspectors.

Taboma

Reaction score
Because that young man residing in this old body, keeps hounding me for a new C8 vette, I was checking the for sale ads again the other day. What I really noticed were two things ---- far far more so called "used" C8's for sale then I've seen before and prices, although still grossly inflated above MSRP have softened some.
One C8 forum member was wondering out load of some of these speculators are now staring to unload thinking the COVID bubble might pop ????

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Because that young man residing in this old body, keeps hounding me for a new C8 vette, I was checking the for sale ads again the other day. What I really noticed were two things ---- far far more so called "used" C8's for sale then I've seen before and prices, although still grossly inflated above MSRP have softened some.
One C8 forum member was wondering out load of some of these speculators are now staring to unload thinking the COVID bubble might pop ????
I can see it coming as soon as unemployment free shit stops and people have to start paying rent , which is fucking the people Not getting there rent payment 🤬 wifey wanted to buy a couple homes thank god we didn’t .

spectras only

Reaction score
Friend got his about a month ago. He's been waiting for quite some time. He's not letting me trying it on the track, yet. :p 🤣 There are a couple members who already tried theirs.

Reactions: DWC

caribbean20

Reaction score
I’m waiting for the Z06 version, probably another year out. Flat plane crank rumored to rev to 9,000 RPMs. Gonna be special.

For now I’ll make due with my V-10 screamer that revs out to 8,300 RPMs. Fun morning on Angeles Crest today😀

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I saw that same truck on the 40 near AZ 95 on Tuesday, must be making separate deliveries.

Reactions: DLC

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I’m waiting for the Z06 version, probably another year out. Flat plane crank rumored to rev to 9,000 RPMs. Gonna be special.

For now I’ll make due with my V-10 screamer that revs out to 8,300 RPMs. Fun morning on Angeles Crest today[emoji3]
You see this? Better yet... HEAR it? Sounds fucking killer!!!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

caribbean20

Reaction score
You see this? Better yet... HEAR it? Sounds fucking killer!!!

Killer for sure. May be one of the the last NA high revving motors now that Ford discontinued their flat plane crank motor that was in the GT 350.

Reactions: DWC

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Killer for sure. May be one of the the last NA high revving motors now that Ford discontinued their flat plane crank motor that was in the GT 350.
Yup... that was the only Mustang I'd care to own. That engine was pretty magical.

This Blackwing based engine should prove to be one of the most radical, affordable engines produced.

Taboma

Reaction score
Yup... that was the only Mustang I'd care to own. That engine was pretty magical.

This Blackwing based engine should prove to be one of the most radical, affordable engines produced.

Why are you referring to Chevy's Daytona NA DOHC 5.5L with a flat plane crank, as a Blackwing based engine ? Because it's DOHC ?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Why are you referring to Chevy's Daytona NA DOHC 5.5L with a flat plane crank, as a Blackwing based engine ? Because it's DOHC ?
Because the articles I have read have said the 5.5 DOHC is the same architecture and such that was developed for the Blackwing engine. They just increased the displacement and tweaked the design for the flat plane crank. But Im not sure GM has said where and how the C8.R engine was developed officially so that may have been speculation by the author?

Taboma

Reaction score
That C8 Corvette is a fabulous car but I think I’ll just keep my Lamborghini Aventador for now

Some people are Aventador people and others Corvette. You obviously enjoy the Lambo lifestyle and social interaction with others of similar taste and affluence.
Others of us, prefer the much more casual pleasure of a Vette or similar vehicles and others who share a similar passion.

I learned that over 20 years ago when I had one of each type. The Ferrari and I had almost nothing in common, but my American muscle was a perfect personality match.
I soon divorced my Ferrari, having got that bug out of my system and in doing so learned something about myself.

So once the speculators get their big paydays and are done manipulating the market, and Lord willing I'm still physically able, I'll buy me a C8 and enjoy my mediocracy with a really big grin.

PaPaG

Reaction score
I can see it coming as soon as unemployment free shit stops and people have to start paying rent , which is fucking the people Not getting there rent payment 🤬 wifey wanted to buy a couple homes thank god we didn’t .
It hurt a lot of folks, glad you did not invest yet.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

It called the Z06. Standard C8s will lose all their inflated value when it arrives and become used corvettes.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

There was nothing magical about the GT350 engine.. it was just a 5.0 with a different crank :)

Taboma

Reaction score
It called the Z06. Standard C8s will lose all their value when it arrives.

" All their value " highly unlikely anymore than Z06's rendered the C6 or 7's worthless. In fact in this current COVID market, C6 and C7 Z06's are a screaming deal, barely more than a Grand Sport.
But yes, if they lose the initial speculator driven markups as the attention shifts to the Z06 and actually start getting parked on dealer lots, that would be cool.

Of course this assuming Chevy can actually bring a Z06 to market before I get to old to give a shit. 😁

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
" All their value " highly unlikely anymore than Z06's rendered the C6 or 7's worthless. In fact in this current COVID market, C6 and C7 Z06's are a screaming deal, barely more than a Grand Sport.
But yes, if they lose the initial speculator driven markups as the attention shifts to the Z06 and actually start getting parked on dealer lots, that would be cool.

Of course this assuming Chevy can actually bring a Z06 to market before I get to old to give a shit. 😁

Well they wont drop to zero, but they will drop below MSRP. And then into the $50s and $40s in a couple years, just like all vettes. The C6 Z06 and GS did crush the values of the narrow body vettes in the C6 and C7 generations.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Oh bite me, it sounded fucking awesome 😂 If you want fast, go buy a Plaid Tesla and enjoy the mighty whirrrrrrrrrrr and tire noise ;)

LOL it sounded cool, it just wasn’t full of unicorn farts or anything.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Waiting on the Zora myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Will the standard C8 follow suit of all vette's before it, and end up on Craigslist for $15k in 20 years?
That's gonna be alot of mid-engined car in 2040.....I'll be 59, it will be perfect. I'll post a build thread in the lounge

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Will the standard C8 follow suit of all vette's before it, and end up on Craigslist for $15k in 20 years?
That's gonna be alot of mid-engined car in 2040.....I'll be 59, it will be perfect. I'll post a build thread in the lounge

Inflation is a bitch.. it will be $16k

Taboma

Reaction score
All cars will be electric, so you must mean a charge :)

During prohibition it was the moonshiners that kept the speakeasys flowing and gave birth to NASCAR.
Future hotrodders will be composting and brewing their own alky 😁

boatpi

Reaction score
Like many sports car owners we have around group this group is fabulous it’s much more than a car it’s who you hang out with look at all of our events

Warlock1

Reaction score
We just got a letter from Chevrolet that the z06 is due to be released shortly. I don't believe they gave a true time frame so probably just a teaser since the wife owns a vette and I sold mine a year ago. I am anxious to hear the new Z...

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
We just got a letter from Chevrolet that the z06 is due to be released shortly. I don't believe they gave a true time frame so probably just a teaser since the wife owns a vette and I sold mine a year ago. I am anxious to hear the new Z...
Supposed to be an official press release about its details in the fall and available late next year as a 2023 model.

530RL

Reaction score
There was nothing magical about the GT350 engine.. it was just a 5.0 with a different crank :)

The Voodoo engine seems to me to be a bit more than just a different crank? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Larger bore (94 versus 92.2), different pistons and rods, different crank (flat versus cross), different heads, bigger valves, different cams, different intake with taller runners, larger plenum and a 90MM throttle body. It also has modified valve train components to deal with the higher RPM. Even the block is different with the larger bore requiring a change from the iron cylinder liners in the Coyote engine.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The Voodoo engine seems to me to be a bit more than just a different crank? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Larger bore (94 versus 92.2), different pistons and rods, different crank (flat versus cross), different heads, bigger valves, different cams, different intake with taller runners, larger plenum and a 90MM throttle body. It also has modified valve train components to deal with the higher RPM. Even the block is different with the larger bore requiring a change from the iron cylinder liners in the Coyote engine.

I had read that all the 5.0s (mustangs, trucks, etc.) are now are actually 5.1L or something, and have this same plasma transfer wire arc cylinder liners as the Voodoo 5.2. Agreed on the upgraded heads, etc, but that was just to make the extra power. You were able to buy the entire 5.2 crate engine in the exact same spec at the Voodoo in the GT350, instead with a regular cross plane crank.. They dynoed within a few horsepower of each other, and the cross plane version is more durable if you were to add forced induction.

That was my initial point - The engine does not seem to care what crank is in it. But agreed it is certainly an upgrade over the standard 5.0.

530RL

Reaction score
I had read that all the 5.0s (mustangs, trucks, etc.) are now are actually 5.1L or something, and have this same plasma transfer wire arc cylinder liners as the Voodoo 5.2. Agreed on the upgraded heads, etc, but that was just to make the extra power. You were able to buy the entire 5.2 crate engine in the exact same spec at the Voodoo in the GT350, instead with a regular cross plane crank.. They dynoed within a few horsepower of each other, and the cross plane version is more durable if you were to add forced induction.

That was my initial point - The engine does not seem to care what crank is in it. But agreed it is certainly an upgrade over the standard 5.0.

The crate engine you are referring to is the Aluminator which is 580 HP. More than the Voodoo at 526.

It is the Voodoo block dimensions, Cobra Jet intake manifold and throttle body, CNC ported cylinder heads and a cross plane crankshaft. The internals are not exactly identical to the Voodoo but some internals that Ford thought the market would want and are more engineered for the cross plane crank.

Then the Predator which is a Voodoo block, cross plane crank, specific head modifications and a supercharger as well as some slightly modified internals to optimize the forced induction. It is in the current GT500.

boatpi

Reaction score
Not to jump off of my C8 theme, but on the Lambo AV 12 cylinder. I would have never though I could ride in much less afford to own a 12 cylinder Lambo. I will just say this, the experience is euphoria beyond belief, NO radio on, ( although the sound system is 1,000 watts) ,just an insane sound up to 8,600 RPM with all exhaust valves wide open, just insane. And the G's pinning you in the seat, no words can truly describe it.

I pinch myself everyday. If you have 15 minutes watch this; The $483,000 Lamborghini Aventador S Is Actually AWESOME - YouTube

CALEXODUS

Reaction score
Just sold my Ferrari 360 2 days ago, have a 21 C8 and a 17 GT350, sold my 1997 Viper GTS Blue/white last Sept., and sold my 13 C6 Z06 track car the year before.....so I have had and have the best of a lot of worlds....
Do want to experience owning a 911 variant, stick non turbo GTS hits the he spot before the dirt nap....

I found the Ferrari guys to be as much of car guys as hot rod guys and other car guys, in particular older F-cars like 355/360 cars, helped change out clutch on a buddy’s 355 with another guy, we all wrenched on em’.....
Did my own fluids and small shit if I had a lift, a bitch with jack stands, only got rid of my 360 because no time to drive and now have a C8, GT350, and a Benz C43 coupe that I call “wifey’s “ car but that is actually a pretty capable panzer wagon...

Attachments

• 4FB4A6BA-DC17-4B3A-B1A3-C22C5EFB76BE.jpeg
    4FB4A6BA-DC17-4B3A-B1A3-C22C5EFB76BE.jpeg
    240.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 288C7F36-6C7B-4B65-BB09-7264302CF9D9.jpeg
    288C7F36-6C7B-4B65-BB09-7264302CF9D9.jpeg
    372.4 KB · Views: 58

CALEXODUS

Reaction score
Delivery in Feb, 21. Dealer honored agreed msrp price....

Attachments

• E8781983-F2F8-4EB5-A5EE-FB2BB53A32FA.jpeg
    E8781983-F2F8-4EB5-A5EE-FB2BB53A32FA.jpeg
    280.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 78F94152-DE77-48DF-9ECD-60983D200BB1.jpeg
    78F94152-DE77-48DF-9ECD-60983D200BB1.jpeg
    299.5 KB · Views: 49