m_ff7b1c5a9498250c3b4aade459d6429e.jpg

A Kinda Dog RD would own.
-------------------------
Wife never misses an episode.
Very interesting show.
Any takes?

dezertrider

Reaction score
Yup, That is a great show. I keep telling dezertgirl to watch and learn. I have used a few of his techniques on dogs I dont know and its works. I like how he says its the people that are hard to train. Dogs are easy:junk:lamo

dezertrider

Reaction score
TSSSSSSSST!!!!!!!

I do that to Desertgirl in bed now

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
One of the shows I watched, a dog bit his hand pretty good. I supose even the Sushhhhh thing only works a certain percent of the time.:)

Ari

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the Southpark episode when they bring him in to control Cartman? Effin' hilarious.

Object moved

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I met Ceazar at a pet show a few years back, and talked with him a bit. They were giving away autographed DVD's of his and other stuff. In any event they had a drawing to win a free consultation with him. I filled out one of the cards and won! Everyone put a problem down that they needed to fix with their dog. I wrote "Too smart for her own good" and I guess he hand picked that one out of the group. In any event I was real busy with the TV Show rock the boat at the time so when they called I told them I'd call them back to schedule the consult and never did. :( A year Later when my dog had some problems (seperation anxiety) I called to see if I could still claim my prize, but nothing ever came from it. :( Shoulda took it up when I had the chance.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
m_ff7b1c5a9498250c3b4aade459d6429e.jpg

A Kinda Dog RD would own.
-------------------------
Wife never misses an episode.
Very interesting show.
Any takes?

Incidentally that picture looks ALOT like Neva did when she was a puppy.. LOL

You can see the puppies lips raised like he/she is pissed off.. Neva had MAJOR attitude problems as a youngin.

A friend of mine's cousin bred pitbulls for many years. I took Neva over there when she was a pup so he could check her out. He was showing me that all dogs are scared when they are puppies. If you walked up behind one and stomped your foot to make a loud noise they'd jump and run away kinda deal, but when they were about 2 years old they switched and began losing fear etc..

In any event he was walking behind Neva kinda following her around his kitchen island. She was half heartedly trying to get away from him, but couldn't walk very fast just yet. When he stomped his foot (flip flops) a made a loud crack, she turned around made a noise like a bobcat and tried to bite his toes.. LOL

He took one look at me and said "You should put that dog to sleep before it gets bigger, becuase your going to have a serious problem on your hands."

Needless to say, I didn't take his advice, and she turned out fine.

RD

Desertgirl

Reaction score
Glad you didn't Dave, Neva is a good dog, and we all like having her around. :p

Ms.Havasu

Mr.Havasu's Main Squeeze!
Reaction score
We just rescued a 8mo old puppy. Been caged for a couple of months and needs major obediance training.(fast).

I'm looking for an obediance school in Havi but in the meanwhile can anyone tell me when and what station# dog whisperer is on Direct tv(LA feed)?

Can use all the help I can get with this one.
Michele

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We just rescued a 8mo old puppy. Been caged for a couple of months and needs major obediance training.(fast).

I'm looking for an obediance school in Havi but in the meanwhile can anyone tell me when and what station# dog whisperer is on Direct tv(LA feed)?

Can use all the help I can get with this one.
Michele

He's on the national Geographic channel.
He has a book or two available too.
Help for dogs acting up, and a non-dog related personal self help book.
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/dogwhisperer/

Ari

Reaction score
Probably the best thing that has helped Neva is that you're usually with her or someone is all day. She's a sweetie, at least all the times that I have seen her. Most dogs act up because they are bored and left alone for far too long.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Probably the best thing that has helped Neva is that you're usually with her or someone is all day. She's a sweetie, at least all the times that I have seen her. Most dogs act up because they are bored and left alone for far too long.

Neva is the most unique dog I've ever known. A real character.

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
[video=youtube;dQjyCzF-JF0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQjyCzF-JF0[/video]

:D