WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone Wear 'Prison Blues' Jeans ?

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I heard about these work jeans & denim apparel that prisoners in Oregon make to pay for their own incarceration.
Slogan says 'Made on the Inside to be Worn on the Outside'.
Material looks of good quality, and the price is right.

I went to look at some jeans the other day at the store & said, 'No f'ing way I'm paying that for 'made in whatever country that I can't pronounce'.

Link 👇

yuppie

Reaction score
I heard about these work jeans & denim apparel that prisoners in Oregon make to pay for their own incarceration.

I went to look at some jeans the other day at the store & said, 'No f'ing way I'm paying that for 'made in whatever country that I can't pronounce'.

Link 👇

Never heard of these, but I have gone down the "raw denim" path in the past and had quite the journey.

Brands like Pure Blue Japan, Stevenson Overall Co. and The Strike Gold are all solid, just too uncomfortable for me these days.

Roosky01

Reaction score
Never heard of the brand, but I think they may come with some temporay ink?

1670475501278.png

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
I personally haven't but my coworkers have and they seemed to like them.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I've not heard of them but the price seems fair based on current jean prices.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I pretty much only wear Wranglers. I prefer the originals, but the ole lady likes the newer style ones. I call those either Florida Georgia Line Wranglers, or Wrangler Yogo Pants. 😜😜 I do have a few pairs of the newer version.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score

Link 👇

Yes they are well made. Made at Oregon State Penitentiary in Salem Or. They are very popular around here for work wear.

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
I’m not gonna willingly buy products made with prison labor. Just a bad precedent IMHO

To be honest the inmates are very proud of what they do. last I heard there was a waiting list to get on the crew. And yes they actually do get paid. Hell OSP actually has 2 dirt cars "Highwaller Racing Team" that the inmates do all the work and a team runs them. Both are Pretty cool programs for inmates that actually want to better themselves!

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
I would rather support this 100% made in America company. The owner is retired Navy Seal Jock Willink. Very interesting guy, committed to "made in America". His products are a bit more expensive but to me the cost is worth it to support American families.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I would rather support this 100% made in America company. The owner is retired Navy Seal Jock Willink. Very interesting guy, committed to "made in America". His products are a bit more expensive but to me the cost is worth it to support American families.

Those also look nice and will have to look into them as well.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score

Those look really nice, just way above my pay grade.
I'm trying to go 1 step above Goodwill. 😆

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
Those look really nice, just way above my pay grade.
I'm trying to go 1 step above Goodwill. 😆

You will be happy with the prison blues for the price. Hell even alot of the loggers have switched from "Key" to "Prison Blues" around here.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score

Good to know. I read his book Extreme Ownership.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
You said Bonarue...lol
Had a bunch of uncles that did time. Bonarue seemed like an odd concept, lay out your clothes under the mattress, to get pressed lines like being ironed. Guess there's not a lot better to do though?

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I switched to Walmarts Rustler brand because I was tired of stretchy Levi's. That and shopping is limited here. I just wanted regular jeans. Might be worth looking into guys

TeamGreene

Reaction score
I pretty much only wear Wranglers. I prefer the originals, but the ole lady likes the newer style ones. I call those either Florida Georgia Line Wranglers, or Wrangler Yogo Pants. 😜😜 I do have a few pairs of the newer version.
Same here switched from Levis when the price got out of control. I think a pair of 501's was 50 and I could get 13mwz for under 25

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I switched to Walmarts Rustler brand because I was tired of stretchy Levi's. That and shopping is limited here. I just wanted regular jeans. Might be worth looking into guys
I'm a cheap bastard, and abuse the hell out of jeans. Had good luck with "Kirkland" stuff from Costco. Not an option depending on location though.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score

Link 👇

The one photo screams “prison pants”

boatnam2

Reaction score
We get FR safety jeans at work, I just run them, never know when a fire may break out.

hawgty55

Reaction score
Wrangler slim straight retro for me stumpy fat guy here as well. Buy one get 50% off right now

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Used to practically "live" my Button fly 501's "back in the day" , Yesterday was the first day I traded my daily shorts for a pair of my surplus Camo BDU's in a year , Hate long pants 😅

petie6464

Reaction score
People actually still wear dinum?

That's like making your clothes outta old potato sacks.