WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone with airplane financing connections?

Andy01

Reaction score
Anyone here on the boards have a connection to airplane financing? I have a client that is looking at purchasing a plane. I told him to check AOPA, but I also thought I would check here since so many of the members do different things. I have him covered as far as insurance goes.

530RL

Reaction score
It depends.

New aircraft or used? And if used how old?

Piston, turbine or fan?

JB in so cal

Reaction score
My wife used to work for a financing company and aviation was one of the channels . New turbo prop or turbine territory though.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
You broker aviation insurance policies? Dang, who knew.

NBAA used to have a list of who would loan on airplanes. A lot of credit unions will also loan on an aircraft purchase.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
I have a "FRIEND" looking for financing....... Ya right BALLER, what are you buying?

Andy01

Reaction score
You broker aviation insurance policies? Dang, who knew.

NBAA used to have a list of who would loan on airplanes. A lot of credit unions will also loan on an aircraft purchase.
Yes, I specialize in boats and side by sides here on the forums. But I write a lot of other polices, we are one of the largest commercial insurance brokerage's in the US, and I believe number 1 in the home state Texas. We have 250 employees in all divisions now, or a tad more.

Mhemperly

Reaction score
1st National Bank of Clinton, MO. They did great for me.

Also Bill White aviation insurance out of corona, CA is top notch and best price I ever found or heard of.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Yes, I specialize in boats and side by sides here on the forums. But I write a lot of other polices, we are one of the largest commercial insurance brokerage's in the US, and I believe number 1 in the home state Texas. We have 250 employees in all divisions now, or a tad more.

Wish I would have known that, I just paid my premium for another year on my old airplane. I'll get a quote from.you next year.

hallett21

Reaction score
Alright. What's the down required for a king air? And what do payment look like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Singleton

Reaction score
Can’t help in the finance portion, but I am part owner of Gulf Regents LLC. It is an Insurance Brokerage company that my sister and BIL own. My BIL who has been specializing in fixed and rotary wing aircraft insurance started the company 8 years ago after 20+ years leading aircraft divisions of multiple insurance carriers.

Richard.E

Reaction score
Alright. What's the down required for a king air? And what do payment look like?

If the cost of the aircraft doesn’t scare you enough... at over 4.5 million.
Wait til you price out annual inspections, storage, insurance, maintenance ,and fuel on one of those. Lol

King air 350 averages to roughly over 4 grand (without charter) an hour if you fly 300 hours in a year.

Buddy of mine put winglets on one a few years back... cost nearly 80k [emoji23]

Starts to make DCB ownership look like a drop in the bucket when airplanes are involved.

copterzach

Reaction score
Aviation insurance. Hmu

hallett21

Reaction score
If the cost of the aircraft doesn’t scare you enough... at over 4.5 million.
Wait til you price out annual inspections, storage, insurance, maintenance ,and fuel on one of those. Lol

King air 350 averages to roughly over 4 grand (without charter) an hour if you fly 300 hours in a year.

Buddy of mine put winglets on one a few years back... cost nearly 80k [emoji23]

Starts to make DCB ownership look like a drop in the bucket when airplanes are involved.

So I gotta be worth 5k an hour based on 2080 hours a year. 10,4 million.

Cause I'm sure I'm working 8 hours a day lol [emoji6]

But just think of the write offs

Richard.E

Reaction score
If you have to ask...... :)

Actually new price is 7.5 million... haha I was just giving him a break quoting a used price of the KA 350i at 4.5 million.

[emoji857][emoji857][emoji857][emoji857]

Richard.E

Reaction score
If it fucks, flies or floats. It’s cheaper to rent it, than own it.

I couldn’t even imagine footing the bill for some of the extreme Airworthiness Directives.

Renting is expensive enough lol

copterzach

Reaction score
I couldn’t even imagine footing the bill for some of the extreme Airworthiness Directives.

Renting is expensive enough lol

I own 3 helicopters currently. Great write off....

milkmoney

Reaction score
I own 3 helicopters currently. Great write off....

3. Well holy shit , I thought it was two. Hell I can't even keep up with u texas ballers [emoji106] [emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

copterzach

Reaction score
3. Well holy shit , I thought it was two. He'll I can't even keep up with u texas ballers [emoji106] [emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2 Black ones and a red one. Red one is sold. I think....

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
You're asking the wrong forum Andy. No one finances anything here on RDP. It's cash or nothing. :p

We should start that debate again and how money is free and leverage is a good thing when invested at a higher return!

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
So i m sitting here, drinking my beer, thinking all you guys pay cash for all your toys and i've just been doing something wrong for the past 61 years - i get the house payment, i've had a boat / truck / bike payment, so been there, done that, but a plane payment -