WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone work in the traffic signal field?

warpt71

punk ass kid
Reaction score
I have 2 sets of lights, red, yellow, green, that I would like to wire up and mount in the garage. I believe a controller can be bought through amazon. I looked for a wile to figure out how to mount them but came up short. Hoping we have someone in here that works for a city or state that can get me hooked up. These lights were originally mounted on a pole over the intersection. Looks like the mount went between the red and yellow lights. Ill try and get pics of what I have, maybe tonight or tomorrow.

Looks like these though
See the source image

mjc

Nosy Neighbor
Reaction score
I don't work on them but this is how I mounted mine. the controller I found online and it has dials to set the length of time light stay on. I couldn't get a video of it running to post.
20200212_094336.jpg
15815259610636152176925871760092.jpg

Reactions: TPC

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
I installed one for a customer over his driveway years ago, I'll see if I can find the pictures. This is what we used to control the lights.
Screenshot_20200212-190132_eBay.jpg

Carlson-jet

Reaction score
So what is triggering the light changes?
Timer?
Going to be hard to beat a $26 controller.

Subadvantage

Reaction score
We might have some older traffic signal controllers in our warehouse as we just upgraded several of our traffic signals. Not sure if they got tossed yet or not. Let me check with my staff in the morning.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
That is cool. It would be cool to have one in the garage.

Subadvantage

Reaction score
We might have some older traffic signal controllers in our warehouse as we just upgraded several of our traffic signals. Not sure if they got tossed yet or not. Let me check with my staff in the morning.
No luck, everything got tossed.

warpt71

punk ass kid
Reaction score
Thanks for lookin!

Guess Ill get to HD or Lowes one day and figure out how to mount it. Im pretty sure the controller is the easy part

Last edited:

mjc

Nosy Neighbor
Reaction score
Thanks for lookin!

Guess Ill get to HD or Lowes one day and figure out how to mount it. Im pretty sure the controller is the easy part
The stuff on mine is just cheap iron pipe painted green.

Last edited:

zhandfull

Reaction score
Pop out the top or bottom signal section plug and you can use 1.5" galvanized steel conduit and some lock nuts to build a stand or hanger.

mjc

Nosy Neighbor
Reaction score
You can close up that gap by removing the backplate spacer and lowering the red section down. Then just bolt the red/yellow sections together just like the yellow/green are bolted together making it all one unit. The head was a mast arm side mount and is missing the bracket.
Then get rid of the plate around. Mine tucks real nice into a corner of the garage.