WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anything happening in Havasu this weekend?

Tank

Reaction score
Looks great! Running it down the deck was a great idea. The deck on our gun was always sketchy to walk on if it had any moisture on it.

Yeah the guns are gnarly sketchy slippery At least the cafe had a little bit of like an awlgrip running down the center but I think the flooring is gonna be very nice and a lot safer to walk out there.

Tank

Reaction score
Which product are you using for the decking? I am on the fence about doing this for my boat.

They used seadeck. Triple layered on the deck and cockpit (black, blue, grey) and double layered on the cabin (black, grey). I only walked on it briefly Friday but it is comfy on the feet. 👍

NicPaus

Reaction score
Hung out at FUGS for about 3+ hours with the kids. I love this place, awesome beer, a lot to choose from & the people and owners are really cool. This is a really chill place!!!!
Good to hear. They are good friends more like Family. Can't wait to get back out that way.

Tank

Reaction score
AJ has a full house. No winter downtime like the old days. I think every shop in town is go go go non stop.

47CB8199-F7D7-4660-B41C-175A1A93612F.jpeg
D0836272-86EC-45A0-BB5E-34837F8323D5.jpeg
A66CF79D-466D-459B-8E0E-EB15225ED1DE.jpeg

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score

Tank

Reaction score
I was going to ask if they were backed up right now, but I think you answered my question. I`m going to be in Havasu in a couple of weeks and was thinking of bringing the boat to get a couple of minor maintenance things taken care of.

Call him now. I’m sure he can get you in.
He’d have more room if a certain Cig hadn’t taken up residency in there!!! [emoji23]

Lol. He can get rid of it anytime. Just needs to finish it. 😁😁😁👍

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
Call him now. I’m sure he can get you in.

Thx Tank - I need to finalize my plans, but as soon as I do I will call and see if he can get me in. I have an intermittent issue with one of my trim switches, guessing either a relay or solenoid but have not looked into it.

Tank

Reaction score
Thx Tank - I need to finalize my plans, but as soon as I do I will call and see if he can get me in. I have an intermittent issue with one of my trim switches, guessing either a relay or solenoid but have not looked into it.

I mentioned it to him yesterday that you may be calling.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Noticed your Cig was only one in pics with hatch closed lol.... just saying... who do I gotta marry round here... crackin my own ass up today.

Reactions: DWC

Tank

Reaction score
Noticed your Cig was only one in pics with hatch closed lol.... just saying... who do I gotta marry round here... crackin my own ass up today.
I wish it WAS up. Needs a service and exhaust manifold replaced. Plus new battery boxes installed. 🤷‍♂️

Tank

Reaction score
I feel really bad thst I wasn’t up to taking them out the next day. Next time ya come out I will take them out for sure

Don't sweat it man. I was happy you offered and were seriously going to make it happen. My little one was a little bummed but after I explained to him it just wasn't in the cards that day after seeing you hobbling around, he understood. Plus I told him I'm sure you'd take 'em out next time we're out there, so there's that LOL. Steve Lymann went shooting with us Sunday and after we shot Adrian took my youngest for a blast on Steve's SXS so he got a little taste to put a smile on his face. I mean, not a bad day for him shooting guns and running a SXS in the desert. 😁👍

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I wish it WAS up. Needs a service and exhaust manifold replaced. Plus new battery boxes installed. 🤷‍♂️
Exhaust manifolds? Is that from our salt water loving? My mechanic always informed me that even though I flush all the time with Salt A Way he said something about over time those will deteriorate. Or was it something else that salt eats over time?

Tank

Reaction score
Exhaust manifolds? Is that from our salt water loving? My mechanic always informed me that even though I flush all the time with Salt A Way he said something about over time those will deteriorate. Or was it something else that salt eats over time?

I left out gasket. Exhaust manifold gasket. Nuts backed off the elbow and it blew out the gasket. Not a huge deal. Luckily it was on very last run of very last day of 11 days of boating over 300 miles.

But yes the sea water will corrode exhaust manifolds over time.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
AJ has a full house. No winter downtime like the old days. I think every shop in town is go go go non stop.

I booked him for some work in april pre-DS/SCF...had a feeling that if i didn't the shop would be jam packed all spring. When you do right by people this is what happens 😂

Tank

Reaction score
I booked him for some work in april pre-DS/SCF...had a feeling that if i didn't the shop would be jam packed all spring. When you do right by people this is what happens 😂

I think he does right by people. There’s actually a lot of good mechanics in havasu. I think it’s funny they all (for the most part) are friends and talk and work with each other. So if a customer gets pissed off and is unreasonable or just a straight dick, pretty good chance most in town will know about it.

I have a good friend that is super impatient and can be difficult to work with. Great guy. Big heart. Just a bit “high maintenance” shall we say. AJ does his best to help him out but he bounces around, Barrett, savage, prestige, so cal etc. It’s pretty funny. Aj always still tries to help him out though still.

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score

Tank - If you talk to AJ, let him know that I will getting in touch with him eventually, but not right away. It looks like I'm just going to do a one day trip to Havasu and not bringing the boat, and my intermittent issue seems to be working just fine right now so I don't want him to waste his time trying to track down the issue.

Tank

Reaction score
Tank - If you talk to AJ, let him know that I will getting in touch with him eventually, but not right away. It looks like I'm just going to do a one day trip to Havasu and not bringing the boat, and my intermittent issue seems to be working just fine right now so I don't want him to waste his time trying to track down the issue.

All good! 🤙