WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

[WTB] Anything on here for poor people?

ACS

Reaction score

What kind of boat are you looking for?

old rigger

Reaction score
Have $10k anything out there?

I have a Spectra I/O. A few years ago I striped down and did headliner, carpet, wire loom, gauges and so on. Original engine, sbc and as far as I know it's never been apart and a newer outdrive on it. It's in Parker. New wheels and tires in the trailer. Put in a later shifter/throttle with the power trim built in and got rid of the original dash trim buttons. Interior is original, covered once and is tired but we still enjoy it.

fullsizeoutput_3cda.jpeg
IMG_3162.JPG

old rigger

Reaction score
That spectras beautiful.
Wow ! beautiful spectra . What a great boat .

Thanks!
There's a lot of other things I did too, one being replacing the old trim with some cleaner SS trim. I actually was laughing at myself when I did this. I always do the transom piece first so you can get the proper crown and with this trim the corner bends are tricky and require a little more time then the rest of it. Then I work up one side and around the nose. Well, I went to finish off the other side and I realized I had my head up my ass because when I looked at the boat head on, I forget to make sure there would be a screw dead center, or 2 screws equally spaced dead center. Fuck me, I was off just about an inch. Luckily I still had one complete un-mounted piece so I could use it on the nose and then finish up.

Only took a pic of my fuckup, not after it was corrected. The pic is actually not dead nuts center but you can see the screw was off. My wife came outside when she heard me cussing (I laughed about it much later that night with some Jameson) and when I told her it all had to come off, she asked why, no one will even notice. I'll notice it and even worse someone else will eventually see it.

IMG_2409.JPG

I was happy that there was a lot of the original clear still on the faux wood, it blocked out nicely.

IMG_2417.JPG

old rigger

Reaction score
I've had a little interest in the 20, so I'm just going to throw up a few pics for the hell of it. I was going for a vintage 70s vibe so there's no billet, hell there's no stereo. We just bring a bluetooth speaker with us. Someone installed a very ugly stereo in the dash so I installed a slightly less ugly 70s style glove box in its place, inside is a phone charger. Installed the switches for the plates in the the old mercruiser trim bezel and then filled the ugly hole that was in the dash for those switches.

original wiring.
IMG_1633.JPG
IMG_2546.JPG
fullsizeoutput_3cdb.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_3cdc.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_3cdd.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_3cde.jpeg
IMG_3006.JPG

Tpltrbl303

Reaction score
IMG_1112.jpg

24 Spectra. $7500 soon or it’s getting a full redo and I’ll keep it. It’s in decent condition and everything works, need upholstery. Runs good. I bought it to restore to perfect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tpltrbl303

Reaction score
View attachment 873587
24 Spectra. $7500 soon or it’s getting a full redo and I’ll keep it. It’s in decent condition and everything works, need upholstery. Runs good. I bought it to restore to perfect.

Oh yeah, that pic is from Saturday